trick or treating this yr?!

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mama

Spencer, WV

#1 Oct 21, 2012
What day is it gonna be this yr? on halloween? and is there any other yrunk or treats etcc..for the.kids in the area?
mama

Spencer, WV

#2 Oct 21, 2012
Trunk*
treat

United States

#3 Oct 22, 2012
Laurel Run park in church hill will have a trunk or treat saturday from 3-6
Momof2

Kingsport, TN

#4 Oct 22, 2012
mama wrote:
What day is it gonna be this yr? on halloween? and is there any other yrunk or treats etcc..for the.kids in the area?
Treat or treating is always done on Halloween night unless the 31st falls on a Sunday, then it's usually done the 30th on Saturday night. Hope this helps!:)
The fast one

Knoxville, TN

#5 Oct 22, 2012
At laurel run park do you mean this weekend?
wondering

Tullahoma, TN

#6 Oct 22, 2012
In Rogersville. It will be on Wednesday. October. 31 on Main Street. This is *Trunk or Treat.*
mama

Indian Trail, NC

#7 Oct 22, 2012
Thanks guys! any other trunk or treats going on?
MOORESBURG MOM

Morristown, TN

#8 Oct 22, 2012
What is the age limit for kids to go trick or treating ? Some of the kids look pretty big,but you can't tell how old they are.Just thought i would ask.
treat

United States

#9 Oct 23, 2012
The fast one wrote:
At laurel run park do you mean this weekend?
Yes, it's Saturday October 27 3-6
lol

Nashville, TN

#10 Oct 23, 2012
I love Halloween!
The fast one

Knoxville, TN

#11 Oct 23, 2012
Thanks treat. Will it be a large turn out Saturday?
treat

Rathdrum, ID

#12 Oct 23, 2012
The fast one wrote:
Thanks treat. Will it be a large turn out Saturday?
Hard to say. Last year was good.
parent

United States

#13 Oct 25, 2012
If your taking your kids just for fun and the Halloween spirit then trunk or treats fun. But the lines are sooooo long and they get very little candy. I always took my kids to the nicer subdivisions. Ppl are very nice, houses often decorated and the kids get more candy and run house to house in a safe environment. Thank you to those that live in these subdivisions that hand out candy knowing a lot of children are coming to you from other areas to trick or treat safely.
good for you

San Jose, CA

#14 Oct 26, 2012
parent wrote:
If your taking your kids just for fun and the Halloween spirit then trunk or treats fun. But the lines are sooooo long and they get very little candy. I always took my kids to the nicer subdivisions. Ppl are very nice, houses often decorated and the kids get more candy and run house to house in a safe environment. Thank you to those that live in these subdivisions that hand out candy knowing a lot of children are coming to you from other areas to trick or treat safely.
Glad that works for you. I for one feel sorry for the 'nice subdivisions' getting slammed by all those people. They show up a truck load at a time, hauling a 20 foot trailer full of kids. Some of the people in those subdivisions are retired older people who didn't take into account having to supply half the county with candy. Trunk or treats however are organized chaos that hopefully can take the burden off the people who have worked hard for the nice house they have. And how much candy do you consider a fair amount to rack up? 10 or 20 pounds? It's candy, the kids don't need that much!
geez

Martin, TN

#15 Oct 26, 2012
good for you wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad that works for you. I for one feel sorry for the 'nice subdivisions' getting slammed by all those people. They show up a truck load at a time, hauling a 20 foot trailer full of kids. Some of the people in those subdivisions are retired older people who didn't take into account having to supply half the county with candy. Trunk or treats however are organized chaos that hopefully can take the burden off the people who have worked hard for the nice house they have. And how much candy do you consider a fair amount to rack up? 10 or 20 pounds? It's candy, the kids don't need that much!
Well if those people don't want to hand out candy they should turn their lights out! Also I remember when there was no such thing as trunk or treat! Do you? Who said Halloween needed to be organized?? Its about fun for kids...you have no idea what you are talking about...really you feel sorry for the old people??? That is ridiculous..gues what! Sometimes halloween is the only time kids get candy...
The fast one

Knoxville, TN

#16 Oct 27, 2012
Good for you, I'd like to take a 20 ft trailer full of kids and let them loose with on your home with a few cases of toilet paper. Stop being such a tight-wod, buy some candy to hand out and be thankful for... Everything.
Yoda

Knoxville, TN

#17 Oct 27, 2012
To geez and the fast one.
I remember when kids only walked to their neighbors houses. That means folks that the family knew well, and the neighbors would have fun trying to guess who you were. We always had enough candy for a week.
Driving little kids all over the place to and teaching them to be beggars from strangers was not done.
I know you think I must be really old, but we never had to worry about stupid people harming anyone. I hope you and yours have a safe pagan holiday.
who cares

Chatsworth, GA

#18 Oct 27, 2012
Yoda wrote:
To geez and the fast one.
I remember when kids only walked to their neighbors houses. That means folks that the family knew well, and the neighbors would have fun trying to guess who you were. We always had enough candy for a week.
Driving little kids all over the place to and teaching them to be beggars from strangers was not done.
I know you think I must be really old, but we never had to worry about stupid people harming anyone. I hope you and yours have a safe pagan holiday.
When my children were too small to even care about halloween or even have candy then I would drive them around to family member's houses and that would be it. Now that they're old enough to run around and know about trick or treating, they want to go trick or treating! I don't go to church any other day of the year so I don't feel comfortable showing up to a church sponsored "trunk or treat." We have neighbors where we live, but they are few and far between..literally! Not to mention, half of them aren't home because they're out with their own kids on Halloween. I took them to the mall once, but most of the stores either ran out of candy or weren't participating. Trust me - I would rather not even go trick or treating at all. I've tried bribing them to stay home and letting us order pizza, buy all the candy they want, and watch scary movies. Nope - they wanna go door to door. I just go somewhere that the houses are fairly close together and I see a lot of other people because I assume that means people are at home and participating in trick or treating! Seriously, it's just candy..it's not that big of a deal. If you don't want to shell out a few reese's cups then turn your lights off or put a sign on your door. We don't want to be walking around the neighborhood anymore than you want us to be there, but it's all about the kids. Beggars from strangers? That's a little extreme. You MUST be a republican.
so true

Rathdrum, ID

#19 Oct 27, 2012
Lol who cares at the republican he probably throws candy on the roof and uses the trickle down effect since we all know it works so well.
Yoda

Knoxville, TN

#20 Oct 27, 2012
Our family continues to entertain nieces, nephews and grandchildren. A few family friends also visit. There used to be an Al Gore sign in front of the house. Trickle on that. If you really want to be enlightened, look up the origins of this so called holiday in these books, remember books?
1. Celebrations - The Complete Book of American Holidays, Robt. J. Myers,(Doubleday & Co., 1972).
2. The Famous Druids, A. L. Owen,(Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1962).
3. The American Book of Days, George William Douglas,(H.W. Wilson Co., 1948).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Simply Tee Rific Fire!!! 13 hr Smart Ass 4
Hey Mo! (Jun '10) 14 hr Leo1963 13
city recorder 23 hr Ole Smokey 24
History of Rogersville City Government Fri Why the heck 28
Tonya Jones boyfriend. I hear he brings in the ... Fri jimmy 1
Amy Jeffers Fri Magician 18
Heather h Thu losers 10

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance