First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FTW

Kingsport, TN

#1 Jan 26, 2010
who is the front runner with a plan ,or atleast a clue,as how to turn this county rightside up

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 26, 2010
I got a rumor Tim C. is running. If so , It could get real interesting.
Mayor

Munich, Germany

#3 Jan 26, 2010
Vote my arse.
jersey gal

Ringgold, GA

#5 Jan 27, 2010
uneducated wrote:
I got a rumor Tim C. is running. If so , It could get real interesting.
I really don't know that many people here, so my I ask who is Tim C. I really want to get to know who is running and what their agenda is for our county...thank you Uneducated, I love your posts...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#6 Jan 27, 2010
jersey gal wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't know that many people here, so my I ask who is Tim C. I really want to get to know who is running and what their agenda is for our county...thank you Uneducated, I love your posts...
Tim Carwile . I think there is a story about him or something in the Hawkins Today newspaper. I have not got my copy yet so i'm not sure. I would love to hear his ideas though. From what i do know he is a strait forward , fair , and honest feller.

“IT'S a Scream!”

Since: Oct 09

Rville

#7 Jan 27, 2010
uneducated wrote:
<quoted text>Tim Carwile . I think there is a story about him or something in the Hawkins Today newspaper. I have not got my copy yet so i'm not sure. I would love to hear his ideas though. From what i do know he is a strait forward , fair , and honest feller.
I cought this thread a little late. I did mention you running for office. I could be out there on that??. Looking like I'll be touching on politics a bit maybe,maebe not.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#8 Jan 27, 2010
incogneato wrote:
<quoted text> I cought this thread a little late. I did mention you running for office. I could be out there on that??. Looking like I'll be touching on politics a bit maybe,maebe not.
Me running for office has been brought up before. Its kinda a no go at this point. I can do more as a volunteer or just as a free resource for others at this time. I quit school in the 8th grade and don't have any formal education . I'm also a native from Carters Valley and a redneck so strikes 2 and three and i'm out. LOL. But i am always willing to help the ones who do run any way i can . I'm not a democrate or republican or even a independant, i'm just pretty much nothing. That about sums it up !

“IT'S a Scream!”

Since: Oct 09

Rville

#9 Jan 27, 2010
So your an educated-uneducated from not around here. A private public individual. Thanks for feedback. And you have to at least have a GED to get any education stimulus $, And the GED cannot be gotten online. So you are something. Between a rock and a hard place I guess. Surly there must be a way. I have been puttin off a ged for 37 yrs. I can kinda relate.
goon

Kingsport, TN

#10 Jan 27, 2010
jersey gal wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't know that many people here, so my I ask who is Tim C. I really want to get to know who is running and what their agenda is for our county...thank you Uneducated, I love your posts...
ok any kind of web sites set up to educate the voters of hawkins county. hows about the election committee or chamber of comerce???
goodness

Kingsport, TN

#11 Feb 2, 2010
anyone heard anthing rogersville review , hawkins today?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#12 Feb 2, 2010
goodness wrote:
anyone heard anthing rogersville review , hawkins today?
I been waiting too. I would love to see a canidate take the bull by the horns and step forward with strait out proposals in clear, easy to understand language. I will have to say i'm very interested in Tim C. and what he has to say. I am willing to hear what anyone has to offer at this point. Its going to take someone who seriously understands the financial actions and implications they will have long term on the commercial , industrial , and manufacturing base of the county . I would like to see them appropriate a designated technology corridor , One with property tax exemptions for those employing 25 or more at above poverty line pay. I would also like to see incentives for manufacturing that is here and hurting , and new incentives to bring in industrial services . we don't have to destroy our small town feel , but we do have to start planning ahead so when their are bad times we have the base here to compete and maintain employment. We need companys that train and teach these kids skills right out of high school. Allow tax credits for partnerships with our education system.Provide interships in the county gov. at all levels . that could include partial tuition help and so forth. I would like to see a "team" of people put together who understand the grant writing process and where they are availible. I would like to see a mayor and commision that is out in the community and in the schools on a daily basis helping to improve our community. These elected official need to understand that this is not a 8 hr a day job , but a work till you can't anymore "need" of the community. There is no reason why we can't lead the way in this state. Why do we always have to be the joke on Leno ?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#13 Feb 2, 2010
So here is some more that i think we need from our mayor to be. We need someone whos a good organizer , can motivate and inspire. we need a person willing to listen and learn . We need someone willing to teach and reach out to the youth. We need a person who can reconize the strenths and weaknesses in the county employees and use them in the best intrest of the people. We need a person who can lookout for the very very rich , to the very very poor. I think whoever runs will have to get out and pound the streets,knock on doors and work for the votes they get. They will have to embrace the citizens one on one. you will have to be willing to eat cookie, and drink coffee, stand in the cold and have doors shut in your face, stand in the summer heat and talk with sweat pouring out of you. It won't be easy work for whoever wants it , but i think if things are to get better that will be the kind of mayor we will need in these troubled times.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#14 Feb 2, 2010
uneducated wrote:
<quoted text>I been waiting too. I would love to see a canidate take the bull by the horns and step forward with strait out proposals in clear, easy to understand language. I will have to say i'm very interested in Tim C. and what he has to say. I am willing to hear what anyone has to offer at this point. Its going to take someone who seriously understands the financial actions and implications they will have long term on the commercial , industrial , and manufacturing base of the county . I would like to see them appropriate a designated technology corridor , One with property tax exemptions for those employing 25 or more at above poverty line pay. I would also like to see incentives for manufacturing that is here and hurting , and new incentives to bring in industrial services . we don't have to destroy our small town feel , but we do have to start planning ahead so when their are bad times we have the base here to compete and maintain employment. We need companys that train and teach these kids skills right out of high school. Allow tax credits for partnerships with our education system.Provide interships in the county gov. at all levels . that could include partial tuition help and so forth. I would like to see a "team" of people put together who understand the grant writing process and where they are availible. I would like to see a mayor and commision that is out in the community and in the schools on a daily basis helping to improve our community. These elected official need to understand that this is not a 8 hr a day job , but a work till you can't anymore "need" of the community. There is no reason why we can't lead the way in this state. Why do we always have to be the joke on Leno ?
I've got a couple rockin chairs out at Pressmen's Home that are calling our names....on a Saturday or Sunday...Give me a holler.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#15 Feb 2, 2010
Will do , I have been looking forward to it. We are all having chinese food up at the big lots place, your welcome to come friday night. I'll buy .

“Ow3n”

Since: Oct 07

American Computer Techs

#16 Feb 2, 2010
Tim Carwile has my respect and full support in any political endeavor. He is honest, open and the most straight forward man I've ever had the honor to meet.
If he invites you to a conversation, I urge you to go and talk to him. You will not be disappointed.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#17 Feb 3, 2010
uneducated wrote:
Will do , I have been looking forward to it. We are all having chinese food up at the big lots place, your welcome to come friday night. I'll buy .
I appreciate the invite but, my only social redeeming quality is working that night.... Maybe next time.
save your money

Lebanon, TN

#18 Feb 3, 2010
Tim ol friend you ain't got a chance in he## of being elected.Not being mean,just telling the truth. Save your money.An this is someone who knows you well an cares about you.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#19 Feb 3, 2010
I'm not counting any horse out of the race yet. They havn't even lined up at the gates. I want to hear what they all have to say first.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#20 Feb 4, 2010
save your money wrote:
Tim ol friend you ain't got a chance in he## of being elected.Not being mean,just telling the truth. Save your money.An this is someone who knows you well an cares about you.
Appreciate the concern, but...I have learned to enjoy the journey and haven't reached a final destination yet. Any money that I spend will be out of my pocket. I will look at it as an investment in the community and a success if one extra person is motivated to vote or even to run for office themselves.
Haven't turned in my petition yet but based on the KT article about the election commission move...it might be best if I get it in soon so it won't be lost in the shuffle...
jjjj

Monterey, TN

#21 Feb 4, 2010
FTW wrote:
who is the front runner with a plan ,or atleast a clue,as how to turn this county rightside up
you should no your on here on every page tring to start shit with every one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wheel tax referendum petition FAILS 27 min sandman 49
A message to our local Nazis 2 hr Sarah Silverman 1
allen trent (Jul '10) 2 hr Hey 3
Eclipse glasses 3 hr everyone 3
Hey Mo! (Jun '10) 10 hr Leo1963 14
Bye Bye Bannon 13 hr Jimmy Jo Buck 6
Broken 14 hr Jas 16

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages