Under A Black Flag We Sail

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BobDance

United States

#1 Jul 29, 2008
These are the same guitar players that played that devil music in the church last year, listen to what they're doing now. This is they're new band and the new so called "music".

www.myspace.com/uabfws
Hah

Morristown, TN

#3 Jul 29, 2008
Sounds pretty damn good bob
I think you needa pull that old world dick outa your ass and live a little
SURIVIOR

Elgin, SC

#4 Jul 29, 2008
BobDance wrote:
These are the same guitar players that played that devil music in the church last year, listen to what they're doing now. This is they're new band and the new so called "music".
www.myspace.com/uabfws
GREAT ADVERTISEMENT GUYS!!!!!!!
:) YOUR ON UR WAY 2 HIGHER GROUND......
ROCK ON!!!
Andies

Thorn Hill, TN

#5 Jul 29, 2008
i they they are pretty freakin awesome!!!

Since: Jul 08

Rogersville, TN

#6 Jul 29, 2008
At what church did this music play and when? I'm not that old, but I feel old listening to this because I can't understand a word of it once the music starts. What is this song about? Is the whole part about being her to do the devil's work misleading or is that the intent of the song. Shed some light, please.
smokey

United States

#7 Jul 29, 2008
i think bob dance is a member of the band, he just wants to promote his band
he's posted two threads on this song

Since: Jul 08

Rogersville, TN

#8 Jul 29, 2008
I'm concerned about a church allowing "I'm here to do the devil's work" kind of songs. Then again, it could be the church of satan that has a thread on here....LOL!
hometown

Sevierville, TN

#9 Jul 29, 2008
don't understand what they are saying, but the guitar is awesome.
UABFWS

United States

#10 Jul 30, 2008
smokey wrote:
i think bob dance is a member of the band, he just wants to promote his band
he's posted two threads on this song
If you will actually go to our myspace and on the music player click lyrics, you will be able to read what this is about. It's about a girl that this monster knows he can't have but he'll take her no matter what. It's actually a pretty deep song if you take the time to read the lyrics......
UABFWS

United States

#11 Jul 30, 2008
_Ladybug_ wrote:
At what church did this music play and when? I'm not that old, but I feel old listening to this because I can't understand a word of it once the music starts. What is this song about? Is the whole part about being her to do the devil's work misleading or is that the intent of the song. Shed some light, please.
Sorry the last thing I posted was actually shedding light too you, i just replied to the wrong thread, I apologize.

Since: Jun 08

Miami, FL

#12 Jul 30, 2008
Maybe you would like to explain your lyrics. Personally, I am alittle bothered by them.

Lyrics for "Sincinatti Shakedown"
Back that ass up!

with her face laid out above me
covered with mascara and hoping for rain
torn to shreds by man and his inventions
waiting for a better day

she loses herself in my glare
so far from reach, but clearly in sight

blessed be the ties that bind
holy ghost show us a sign
by the end of the night ill have her head
bestowed on my pedistool

this is me at my best
with a hacksaw in hand
and you will know me by the sawing
and the sound of splitting hyde
your time is drawing nye
your time has come
your skin soaked
your body is mine to hold

give me one good reason to stop the clinching
share with me your deepest secrets
ill cut your tounge out by the root

fearful, you fear the monster
put your tail between your legs
and hold your head down
kneel before the gun
kneel before the one who hides the sun
from your piercing eyes
eclypsing all things that are light

run from the leviathan

the who

Dillon, SC

#13 Jul 30, 2008
he could be talking about a woman that got him for child support
UABFWS

United States

#14 Jul 31, 2008
Too Blessed wrote:
Maybe you would like to explain your lyrics. Personally, I am alittle bothered by them.
Lyrics for "Sincinatti Shakedown"
Back that ass up!
with her face laid out above me
covered with mascara and hoping for rain
torn to shreds by man and his inventions
waiting for a better day
she loses herself in my glare
so far from reach, but clearly in sight
blessed be the ties that bind
holy ghost show us a sign
by the end of the night ill have her head
bestowed on my pedistool
this is me at my best
with a hacksaw in hand
and you will know me by the sawing
and the sound of splitting hyde
your time is drawing nye
your time has come
your skin soaked
your body is mine to hold
give me one good reason to stop the clinching
share with me your deepest secrets
ill cut your tounge out by the root
fearful, you fear the monster
put your tail between your legs
and hold your head down
kneel before the gun
kneel before the one who hides the sun
from your piercing eyes
eclypsing all things that are light
run from the leviathan
I'd be happy to explain, no need to be bothered, this happens to be about a normal everyday thing. It's about a girl that a boy knows he can't have, kinda like a forbidden love, so in the heat of the moment he decides he'll take what is his....the "leviathan" is actually one of our friends levy so we decided we would actually make him into a mythical monster for the song. This song basically has all the ingredients for a good love song.....

United States

#15 Jul 31, 2008
UABFWS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be happy to explain, no need to be bothered, this happens to be about a normal everyday thing. It's about a girl that a boy knows he can't have, kinda like a forbidden love, so in the heat of the moment he decides he'll take what is his....the "leviathan" is actually one of our friends levy so we decided we would actually make him into a mythical monster for the song. This song basically has all the ingredients for a good love song.....
So just exactly what is his. I'm sorry maybe I'm just to old to understand. Mythical monster? Or maybe you could say demon. The music is dark and I am not impressed with the demon growl. And I was sickened that you included the Holy Ghost in your lyrics. I like to listen to music that makes me feel uplifted, not full of dread and desperation. My prayer for you is that you will someday use your talents to Glorify God and actually feel good about life. But of course this is my opinion.
the who

Utica, KY

#16 Jul 31, 2008
too blessed, you hit the nail on the head, "You like to listen to your music" well, others like to listen to this music.

if we were all the same.....this world would be one dull boring place.

Location hidden

#17 Jul 31, 2008
the who wrote:
too blessed, you hit the nail on the head, "You like to listen to your music" well, others like to listen to this music.
if we were all the same.....this world would be one dull boring place.
Gosh, I gotta song lyric name so I guess I have to post about this one. R U sure that this is just not some disgruntled dad behind in child support or something??? This is interesting because I am studying guitar players techniques. Sound and notes are really serious topix to me right now!!!!) Serious, I do know there is the goth death-bangers and stuff like that. "Beautiful People." That's about as hard core as I can get. I was one of the ones dazed and confused by Ozzy Osborne, ect. Heck, I thought the "TORSO BROTHERS" were head bangers!!!!:) Peace and Love!!!!:)

“We Will Never Understand...”

Rogersville, TN

#18 Jul 31, 2008
Personally, I think the song is pretty good. Not big on the lyrics, but the music is really good. For people who don't like it... don't listen to it. These kids have some major talent.
the who

Utica, KY

#19 Jul 31, 2008
heavy metal rules unforgiven, now why don't you study reading
UABFWS

Ambridge, PA

#20 Jul 31, 2008
Too Blessed wrote:
<quoted text>
So just exactly what is his. I'm sorry maybe I'm just to old to understand. Mythical monster? Or maybe you could say demon. The music is dark and I am not impressed with the demon growl. And I was sickened that you included the Holy Ghost in your lyrics. I like to listen to music that makes me feel uplifted, not full of dread and desperation. My prayer for you is that you will someday use your talents to Glorify God and actually feel good about life. But of course this is my opinion.
Ok, I can tell you that leviathan is definately a mythical creature used in the song, not a demon. But yes our music is dark, and even though I stand behind you 100% on listening to the music that uplifts you I beg to differ that this makes everyone feel full of dread and desperation as you said. To me, when I wake up I look at the world and it itself is full of dread and desperation so for us to write songs that put out that feeling just relives the pressure we have on our back from the world, it gives us a chance to break away from our normal personas and take on someone different that doesn't let the world push them around and takes whats theirs at that moment. It's self expression, and even though I respect that you want to listen to a different kind of music then what we play, some people wouldn't want too. Thanks so much for you interest though and handeling it in a ery mature manner!

United States

#21 Aug 1, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan

Just because I am naturally curious, I googled Leviathan and this is what I found. Seems that your mythical creature was actually very real. Please read the entire article. I found it very enlighting. It is not my intention to ridicule you. I am just trying to understand the things that the young people find appealing. I pray for you blessings and peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angie Wells 1 hr The one 31
Craig Fuzz Stapleton 3 hr Scotty 6
Austin Vaughn ? 8 hr Wake up red 2
Jr. National Young Leaders Conference. - Did y... (Mar '08) 9 hr MDR 124
Wheel tax 10 hr Realist 54
gregory moore/chad spears 14 hr Travis 4
Who buys broken tvs (Sep '13) 17 hr Jtreece87 213

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance