Rogersville 4TH Of July Celebration M...

Rogersville 4TH Of July Celebration Major Crowd

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Elbow To Elbow

Bristol, TN

#1 May 3, 2013
In recent memory I can't remember when the Rogersville 4th of july celebration hasn't had to compete with the johnson city 4th of july event alot of the crowd goes to the johnson city show every year still leaving the rogersville show with nearly 60.000 people this year that number could swell to well over 100.000 this year alot of dedicated die hard folks that go to the johnson city show each year may have never been to the rogersville show so they may be curious to how good of a show we have here each year so they will likely journey this way since the johnson city and morristown shows are being done on july 4th the rogersville show will be on saturday july 6th so this year the rogersville event should have very little to no competion at all possibly making it the biggest show ever hopefully the EMS,Police,and other public safety agencies will be prepared for this with alot more personel crowd control will be a major issue this year but I say bring em on hope all our visitors have a good time in Rogersville Tennessee.
basketball nut

Bristol, TN

#2 May 3, 2013
Thats amazing that Rogersville's show will be on a different day than johnson city and morristown this town is going to really rock thats alot more people coming into rogersville that would normally be going to the johnson city and morristown shows but not this year they will be here . PS. we don't have a mall or many things for people to do here outside the park maybe we could have a few more yard sales this year to accomodate all our thousands of visitors ?
Jimbo

Kingsport, TN

#3 May 3, 2013
Rogersville often has July 4th on different days.

I think it is a strange practice, but it probably is why we get a lot of top tier talent performing. They might be playing some big fair for the 4th, then are able to pop in here on the way home.
Barf

Kingsport, TN

#4 May 4, 2013
This years line up are no names! Stop trying to get 2 main attractions and pay for one good one!
Swordsman

United States

#5 May 4, 2013
No names? The Newsboys have been around since I was a teenager and now I am in my 30's. Since you are so critical, why don't you reach into YOUR pocket and pay the bill for who YOU want to see. But, in case you don't realize the cost of entertainment, your purse needs to be as big as your mouth.
Real Answers

Savannah, TN

#6 May 4, 2013
Barf wrote:
This years line up are no names! Stop trying to get 2 main attractions and pay for one good one!
I'm sure the committee would love to hear your ideas for "good" acts in their price range. Right after you figure out how to get the money to pay for that act. You have no clue how much your "good" act would cost, but I can promise it's more than the two good acts they have lined up combined. It's free to the public. Thank them for what they've done, don't tear them down unless you've walked in their shoes.
geez

Ringgold, GA

#7 May 4, 2013
Barf wrote:
whatever....Jana Kramer is not a no name!!! Everyone loves he. Also, try not complaining & be thankful. Its free for you & your family to enjoy. The 4th of Julys here are my favorite time of year. Hope everyone enjoys the show. Remember be safe & God bless :)
geez

Ringgold, GA

#8 May 4, 2013
Sorry, above^ Everyone loves her.
Barf

Campobello, SC

#9 May 4, 2013
geez wrote:
Sorry, above^ Everyone loves her.
Well I don't love her..........
Barf

Campobello, SC

#10 May 4, 2013
The newsboys??? Since you were a boy... Hmm. You know polio has been around since I was a boy and nobody likes it... Kinda like the newsboys!
Barf

Campobello, SC

#11 May 4, 2013
Real Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the committee would love to hear your ideas for "good" acts in their price range. Right after you figure out how to get the money to pay for that act. You have no clue how much your "good" act would cost, but I can promise it's more than the two good acts they have lined up combined. It's free to the public. Thank them for what they've done, don't tear them down unless you've walked in their shoes.
The "committee" wouldn't give a damn about anyone else's ideas...
Real Answers

Savannah, TN

#12 May 5, 2013
Barf wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know who is on the committee? Have you ever asked them if they need help or ideas?
Morty

Clarksville, TN

#13 May 5, 2013
I have no idea who the Newsboys are or Jana Kramer, so I don't like the entertainment this year. I might even demand they refund the full price of my ticket.
Agnus

Bristol, TN

#14 May 5, 2013
I've never heard of the Newsboys or Jana Kramer either are they popular and have any hits ? regardless of who they are I'm looking forward to hearing them and welcoming them here to rogersville .
Bring Em

Knoxville, TN

#15 May 7, 2013
Were ready for the crowd brig em on .
I know

Bridgeport, AL

#16 May 7, 2013
Elbow To Elbow wrote:
In recent memory I can't remember when the Rogersville 4th of july celebration hasn't had to compete with the johnson city 4th of july event alot of the crowd goes to the johnson city show every year still leaving the rogersville show with nearly 60.000 people this year that number could swell to well over 100.000 this year alot of dedicated die hard folks that go to the johnson city show each year may have never been to the rogersville show so they may be curious to how good of a show we have here each year so they will likely journey this way since the johnson city and morristown shows are being done on july 4th the rogersville show will be on saturday july 6th so this year the rogersville event should have very little to no competion at all possibly making it the biggest show ever hopefully the EMS,Police,and other public safety agencies will be prepared for this with alot more personel crowd control will be a major issue this year but I say bring em on hope all our visitors have a good time in Rogersville Tennessee.
Do you think that next time you might could add some punctuation in that paragraph somewhere? I had to take a breath trying to read it. Not to mention you said "year" about five times. Sorry, it just gave me a headache.
Dorito

Kingsport, TN

#17 May 13, 2013
Barf wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that one of the board members had lined up Florida Georgia Line but was overruled by the chairman so that he could get Newsboys. I'm a christian but I would like to enjoy myself on the 4th and not feel like I'm being preached to.
PartyCrasher

United States

#18 May 13, 2013
As far as I'm concerned, it's not worth enduring the crowd.
mayor

Kingsport, TN

#19 May 13, 2013
the contributions collection committy and some city officials "sells" are getting kick back on outragous prices they claim to be paying for some of this stuff from electrical upgrades and elaborate stage to vending and security .i know for a fact that sells rejected a 6,500$ electric bid for total job and elected to draw more than 10,000$ from budget and claimed thats what it would cost..claimed 30,000$ for a specail stage that could have been built by locals for 15,000$. someone is looking to retire and take all he can with him.
Wrong Info

Savannah, TN

#20 May 13, 2013
mayor wrote:
the contributions collection committy and some city officials "sells" are getting kick back on outragous prices they claim to be paying for some of this stuff from electrical upgrades and elaborate stage to vending and security .i know for a fact that sells rejected a 6,500$ electric bid for total job and elected to draw more than 10,000$ from budget and claimed thats what it would cost..claimed 30,000$ for a specail stage that could have been built by locals for 15,000$. someone is looking to retire and take all he can with him.
You're bringing your crazy idea into yet another forum. THE CITY DOES NOT PAY FOR THE STAGE. The electric work was done as an upgrade to the park and to help the vendors have better power. Geeze, get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary Simpson 31 min tina j 15
Inept County Government 37 min Old TImer 68
Excavating Services 4 hr info 10
This is why Trump won 5 hr Lol 24
Stephanie Harmon 5 hr josbro 12
Creekside apartments on broadway 5 hr 12345Wow 1
Brianna S 6 hr Freimd 1

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance