Since: Oct 08

somewhere over the rainbow

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

I haven't been back there since it took 45 minutes to get a sub and when i complained (part of the order was missing also)the owner looked me right in the eye and said this isn't McDonalds. I was so pissed, i refuse to go back there again. I mean seriously, how long does it take to make a sub and fries and there are only 3 other customers?
Pressmens Home Guy

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

you are too funny wrote:
I was so pissed, i refuse to go back there again. I mean seriously, how long does it take to make a sub and fries and there are only 3 other customers?
Now You know who to blame for the P taste.
Max

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

you are too funny wrote:
I haven't been back there since it took 45 minutes to get a sub and when i complained (part of the order was missing also)the owner looked me right in the eye and said this isn't McDonalds. I was so pissed, i refuse to go back there again. I mean seriously, how long does it take to make a sub and fries and there are only 3 other customers?
You posted this same complaint under a different screen name about a week ago. Why do you find it necesary to post here under different names?
Max

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

They got the best pizza in town!

“we're screwed!”

Since: Sep 08

Surgoinsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

they're sloooooow, but man the food is good!
Sam Pilton

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Judged:

I really like Romas a lot. It's a great Italian restaurant and the prices are not crazy like they are at Olive Garden.

I agree though sometimes the drinks have issues. Not piss as you mention, but being watered down. It's sort of variable on the drinks.

Aside from that, we are lucky to have any decent restaurants in this small town and I am surprised that people will come here and slam the good ones.

I believe the crazy things that were said on Topix were part of the reason we lost El Pueblitos and then El Pueblos, which had the best Mexican food in all of East Tennessee.

Maybe if we keep up the work on this board, we can work to drive all of the good restaurants out of this town so people would have to drive to Morristown to get something decent.

“You know they all....pretend”

Since: Nov 08

Flush 'em out, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Judged:

Max wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted this same complaint under a different screen name about a week ago. Why do you find it necesary to post here under different names?
No, that would have been me.
Please try to know what you're talking about before you accuse folks of things.

“i agree to disagree ”

Since: Oct 08

somewhere over the rainbow

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Max wrote:
<quoted text>
I most certainly did not, i use one name only and this is it. Barking up the wrong tree buddy. Maybe someone else has had the same experience i have had.

“Leave it to me. ”

Since: Dec 08

Rogersville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

i found an unknown species of bug in my pasta TOGO. Haven't been back since.
Homesick

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

I don't blame you Missus...I wanna know what kind of bug I'm eating :-)
Possum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Sam Pilton wrote:
I really like Romas a lot. It's a great Italian restaurant and the prices are not crazy like they are at Olive Garden.
I agree though sometimes the drinks have issues. Not piss as you mention, but being watered down. It's sort of variable on the drinks.
Aside from that, we are lucky to have any decent restaurants in this small town and I am surprised that people will come here and slam the good ones.
I believe the crazy things that were said on Topix were part of the reason we lost El Pueblitos and then El Pueblos, which had the best Mexican food in all of East Tennessee.
Maybe if we keep up the work on this board, we can work to drive all of the good restaurants out of this town so people would have to drive to Morristown to get something decent.
Well said!
girly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2008

That was my first job, last january!! I loved the food, it may take a lil bit of time to make, but its not fast food you idiots, its all HOME MADE so its not going to be quick to make! I ate like a whole breadstick with cheese everytime i worked... yuuum

Flush 'em out, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

girly wrote:
That was my first job, last january!! I loved the food, it may take a lil bit of time to make, but its not fast food you idiots, its all HOME MADE so its not going to be quick to make! I ate like a whole breadstick with cheese everytime i worked... yuuum
Young lady, it may come as news to you, but most of what that restaurant sells comes right off the food service truck bearing the same name; they're a "franchise" of sorts.

Strictly heat and eat type fare, nothing more, nothing tricky about preparation...and the lack of prompt and courteous service (that would, apparently, have included YOU) didn't help the food get to the table hot, either.

Another shocker to your sensitivities might be that some of us have lived in other parts of the country, wherein we've experienced the pleasure of dining at REAL Italian restaurants, where the proprietors actually DO make the dishes from scratch - and can, therefore, tell the difference.

No, no one of us "idiots" expect McDonalds' speed in such a restaurant.
On the other hand, we know how long it takes to prepare such food, especially pre-packaged varieties of it...and we know when a teenybopper waitress is doing a piss-poor slackers' job of service. as well.

You're obviously at that age where you think you know it all and everyone else is an "idiot".
I hope, as you mature/age, you'll find with time that neither could be further from the truth.

“we're screwed!”

Since: Sep 08

Surgoinsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

Judged:

someone forget their meds?
John Lawson

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

Judged:

moparedtn wrote:
<quoted text>Strictly heat and eat type fare, nothing more
Wow dude, you think they serve reheated frozen pizza. That is amazing. Have you ever even been to the restaurant? Well it doesn't matter whether you have been or not, you know that what you just said is a bald faced lie, that's right I am calling you a liar.
was the manger for yrs

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

Judged:

People don't have much of anything on here good to say about no one! if it isn't about the gang stuff it is a restaurant! Now let me let everyone in on something about ROMAS " it is all homemade!" if it is the sauce that goes into speg. or lasonia, then it is homemade, their dressin some of that is homemade! I have worked for Terry & Mohomide for years and i have to say they are the BEST Mangers i have ever had! They love people! And they do their best, and it is the best! Ya, it may take a while for your food to get ready, but like the other lady said, if you go to a kitchen and start making food then it takes a while, hu? Well that is what they do! Now, some people talking about the soda, well did you tell your waitress? Maybe the soda was about out! they have the best tea in town! And coffee also! You say you found a bug~ Well not at ROMAS i don't think you did! For these people are super clean people! The owners are Nice Good Clean People! Some times you have a bad waitress, that is too lazy to do their job, and won't to sit around and text people on their cell phones, but let the Mang. see it! They will be fired! Now, i worked there for years i was the front end mang. for years and like i said they were the best people i could work for! And their food is GREAT! So why don't you all find another topix to talk about instead of putting people down, and trying to get a real descent rest. shut down? For you are barking up the wrong tree here, there is too many of the people who are big time people comes there to eat, and they are comp. satisfied! So if you don't like it and you don't wont' to let your waitress know the drink is bad then go some where else! Or maybe it is that you didn't have enough money to pay for your food, and you just wonted to say that something was wrong, so they would give you a discount on it, so you could afford it! It is already cheap, the cheapest place in town, and like someone said go to Olive Garden or go to Morst. to eat if you like , but keep your mouth shut off of ROMAS!!!!! GOD BLESS YOU FOR TALKING ABOUT THESE GOOD FOLKS! What goes around comes around! They are good people!

Flush 'em out, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

John Lawson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow dude, you think they serve reheated frozen pizza. That is amazing.
Reading comprehend much? Frozen pizza was not mentioned in my post.

[QUOTE}Have you ever even been to the restaurant?[/QUOTE]
Again, comprehend what you read much?
If you had, you'll have noticed my other posts in this thread indicating that I have eaten there, several times in fact.
Well it doesn't matter whether you have been or not, you know that what you just said is a bald faced lie, that's right I am calling you a liar.
What are you, 12 years old?
No, I'm not lying and, unlike you, I actually know of what I speak; the family has owned restaurants before, after all.
Fire up Google sometime, educate yourself.
These restaurants are all over the country, supplied by a division of Vistar Food Service called.....wait for it.....Roma.
They supply everything, including the packaging (pizza boxes, napkins, anything with the logo on it).
You'd know this if you'd been in other parts of the country or if you'd ever been in the business, which I have.
The logos, food, and packaging don't change from location to location.
They train you just like any other franchise does.
You buy all their stuff, prepare it like you were trained to do, get it to the table, supposedly pronto.

Now, THOSE are facts, "dude".
in awe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

It takes a long time to get the food there? I have never noticed. Most of the time I just leave after waiting 30 minutes and never seeing a waitress. I know of at least two other families that have had the same experience. Yeah, they have speed issues and it's not limited to how long it takes to cook. Maybe someone will read/hear about this thread and wake up.
was manger for yrs

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

The napkins yes they are orderd, for you can't make them out of a kitchen! And if you had been sitting there for 30 min. and a waitress had not come to you and let you know about your food, or to check on you to see if you needed something else to drink , i think i would have went then and ask to speak with a mang. Ask for Terry or Mohomiade! They are the only 2 that is the mang. they are the owners! and if you have a table full of people then they wont bring the food out 1 by 1, they wait til all of the table food is ready, and no it doesn't sit there getting cold, they put it under a heat lamp! If you don't like the waitress you had ask for another one! I guess the best ones are gone, they got a better job. or something, not that that's a bad job. I quite because of i took cancer! And as you know you don't make min. wages in a rest. and if you don't leave a tip then they don't make good, and they have to suport their familys you know? So if you get good service from the waitress you should leave 20% of the bill as a tip! I wish they would make that on the bill! Any where i go i leave 20% of what my bill is, no matter if it is me or my family! if it is just me eating out i leave at least $3.00, so think about that if you take a group of people and you don't leave a good tip, not 1 or 2 dollars then that is prob. why you get bad service, but i always took care of my people wheither they left me a tip or not, i take care of people like i won't to be took care of! so pray that the lord heal's me and i can go back and take care of the people at Roma's, Thank you and again Stop Talking Bad about them and start askin for mang. and let them know if your food isn't good then as soon as you get it, and find you don't like it, and the soda thing let the waitress know and get something else to drink!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Rogersville Forum right now

Search the Rogersville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
chs lock down 33 min misinformed 16
Reno St 1 hr oolala 2
Debate: Ferguson - Rogersville, TN 1 hr Willy 11
Cassandra Jones 2 hr wow 2
Alma Miller abusing Ashley Weems 2 hr Thomas Miller 5
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr thoughtful 9,246
stolen bicycle 4 hr ghost 30
Mayor SELLS 13 hr Old TImer 38
Hawkins County Live Police Scanner 21 hr Thanks 2
accident 23 hr Catlover 52
•••
•••
•••
Rogersville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rogersville Jobs