lawsuit of topix by clerk

lawsuit of topix by clerk

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

UPDATE

Strawberry Plains, TN

#1 Dec 2, 2013
What was the result...just a breeze or an effort to stop topix? funny i think if you post the truth they cannot win....remb the names mentioned? whatever. but boy some got there drawers in a wad. next election should be fun.
Helen

Kingsport, TN

#2 Dec 2, 2013
UPDATE wrote:
What was the result...just a breeze or an effort to stop topix? funny i think if you post the truth they cannot win....remb the names mentioned? whatever. but boy some got there drawers in a wad. next election should be fun.
Yeah,it sure did fizzle out fast after the big production that they made with newspaper articles and such about the whole thing.

The lawsuit was not against TOPIX though. They were going to get a judge to supeona TOPIX for the identifying info on who posted it and the when they found out that person was supposedly going to be sued for liable...
UPDATE

Knoxville, TN

#3 Dec 2, 2013
Helen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,it sure did fizzle out fast after the big production that they made with newspaper articles and such about the whole thing.
The lawsuit was not against TOPIX though. They were going to get a judge to supeona TOPIX for the identifying info on who posted it and the when they found out that person was supposedly going to be sued for liable...
I thought that was going to be the crowing of young phillips because of his dad but then i suspected it was an effort to quiet topix comments which it may have accomplished...then they won. but i am sure the local political hacks are grateful... remember opionions and and the truth cannoat cost you. when you think they are crooks just say it and when it is the truth THEY CANNOT WIN.
Courthouse People

Johnson City, TN

#4 Dec 2, 2013
According to courthouse people in-the-know, they got the I.P. address from Topix, but Charter isn't getting into a hurry as far as identifying who the I.P. address belongs to. Apparently they've filed a few motions and they're waiting for a hearing date. The lawsuit is still pending and they haven't given up.
two cents

Kingsport, TN

#6 Dec 3, 2013
the whole thing was really silly. she should just get over it! she is a big girl and if you're in politics you can expect such. might not have even been politics.
opinion

Ringgold, GA

#7 Dec 3, 2013
She's too comical a character to even be concerned about.
I eat diapers

Kingsport, TN

#8 Dec 3, 2013
opinion wrote:
Smart move. Now you're going to get sued.
not your BRAND of justice

Maryville, TN

#9 Dec 5, 2013
opinion wrote:
I eat diapers wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart move. Now you're going to get sued.
Oooh hoo hoo, bring it. Its the truth so there's no case, period.

I know where the line is and exactly where to toe it, so they can huff and puff and get mad all they want but they can't touch me. What was said above is in no way legally damaging. Lean the law and keep up with them and you can toe the line the same. How many time have you seen an officer have to resort to his TCA book to tell you what a particular law is? Stay out of trouble, and KNOW THE LAWS. Study and understand them thoroughly beforehand, and don't wait until you have to. Many mistakes are made that can justifiably get cases thrown completely out. Your lawyer may or may not tell you this info, due to their back-room kickback and fees they get from you. I am telling the truth; "If what is said can be proven, there will be NO internet libel case".......... Seriously they should stay low key and make the least amount of noise possible, with their holy man of the hill taken out in a ball of legal fire, it can happen to any of them.
dropkikmejesus

Brevard, NC

#10 Dec 7, 2013
The prob they face, if indeed they do have the I.P., is proven who was behind the screen at the time of the post. This is impossible to do. Thus no proof of identity.
Resident

Ringgold, GA

#11 Dec 8, 2013
Maybe it was done with no intention to prosecute, just in hopes of keeping down personal character attacks for the next election. Around here, that won't happen. Politics in this county is a vicious business. That's why we have so many people of poor character running our county and towns. And the viler they are, the worse they attack their opponents.
Yum

Arcadia, SC

#12 Dec 12, 2013
It is as how mean people can be

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nra 1 hr NRA Life Member 7
Pit Bull Dogs 1 hr Kingfish 63
Megan herron 2 hr MsBitch 3
Trump Calls MS-19 Members ANIMALS Again! 3 hr Kingfish 11
Ware in Surgoinsville 3 hr Kingfish 22
Rogersville City Street Department 4 hr Good for him 5
Fair Warning 8 hr Old TImer 1

Rogersville Jobs

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages