Roger Hawkins Murdered
Shelia

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jul 30, 2013
Can anyone tell me what is happening with this case. Roger Hawkins was respected and loved. What has happened with the two thugs that robbed, beat... and murdered Him? Looking for Justice. And no... this is not Sheila His Sister... Just looking for some answers. What a Terrible way to the End of a Wonderful Life.
Yepp

Kingsport, TN

#2 Jul 30, 2013
Shelia wrote:
Can anyone tell me what is happening with this case. Roger Hawkins was respected and loved. What has happened with the two thugs that robbed, beat... and murdered Him? Looking for Justice. And no... this is not Sheila His Sister... Just looking for some answers. What a Terrible way to the End of a Wonderful Life.
Yes, this was a VERY tragic thing that happened to say the least.

Since they arrested the two who did it I don't think there has been any news other than shortly after their bond was set at a million dollars apiece. Both of them supposedly confessed to what they did and even if they hadn't from what I understand it is a pretty open and shut case with the physical evidence and all.

Here is what I think will happen with this..... They will most likely take a plea bargain to avoid the death penalty if it goes to trial and will receive life without parole for what they did. Both are pretty young so they will have probably 50-60 years to rot away in a maximum security prison thinking about what they did with no hope of ever being released.
rotting dogs

Kingsport, TN

#3 Jul 31, 2013
i heard that a few weeks ago one of the dogs took someone hostage with a razor blade in jail . they missed thier chance to beat that trash to death with clubs .
justice

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jul 31, 2013
I am a firm believer in an eye for an eye.
I only wish the system worked that way!
Shelia

United States

#5 Jul 31, 2013
Just hope Justice is served. Hate that my tax dollars are keeping these thugs up. Roger was a hero. I think a law needs to be pasted that when a war hero is treated in such a way that the death penalty needed to be in place. Tennessee is way too soft on inmates.... more needed to be placed on the death penalty... and then inforced. Just like the Newsome/Christian crime in Knoxville.
Knew Roger

Rutherfordton, NC

#6 Aug 2, 2013
Very sad this happened. I knew Roger and he was a good man. If the death penalty was given and carried out for more of these crimes I think there would be less crime. Just my thoughts on it. I think these killers should realize yes the death penalty is real and you go kill someone then you will be executed. Plain and simple. Maybe some of these crimes like this would stop or atleast slow down in this country. Such a shame.
guy

Concord, NC

#7 Aug 2, 2013
Yepp wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, this was a VERY tragic thing that happened to say the least.
Since they arrested the two who did it I don't think there has been any news other than shortly after their bond was set at a million dollars apiece. Both of them supposedly confessed to what they did and even if they hadn't from what I understand it is a pretty open and shut case with the physical evidence and all.
Here is what I think will happen with this..... They will most likely take a plea bargain to avoid the death penalty if it goes to trial and will receive life without parole for what they did. Both are pretty young so they will have probably 50-60 years to rot away in a maximum security prison thinking about what they did with no hope of ever being released.
..someone had told me the price kid was trying to claim insanity because of the way he was raised, it's probally just what his uncle told him to say, he has pleaded that to so many charges it should be charged as worthless and stupid...
Jim Bob Joe Bob

Taylors, SC

#8 Aug 2, 2013
What we need now is to bring back public hangings!
grand jury

Winchester, KY

#9 Aug 2, 2013
They go before the grand jury at the end of this month! Hope justice is served!
well

Johnson City, TN

#10 Aug 5, 2013
grand jury wrote:
They go before the grand jury at the end of this month! Hope justice is served!
I hope when they go to trial the entire jury is made up of soldiers. I guarantee those punks will get what they deserve then.
Justice

Charlotte, NC

#11 Aug 6, 2013
What justice ? There is none .Roger is gone .
This should never have happened .If the Laws were being enforced.If the thugs and the uncle ,who were let off without time for prior crimes were in Jail, Roger would be with here now. Senseless and useless justice system.
sooo

United States

#12 Aug 11, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope when they go to trial the entire jury is made up of soldiers. I guarantee those punks will get what they deserve then.
hope u get what u is deserved but i wouldnt hing my hopes on people just because they are "soldiers". I did my time and my tours and there are as many scum sucker soldiers as there were honorable soldiers
but

United States

#13 Aug 12, 2013
Roger was not one of those. He served honorably both in and out of uniform. Guys made up of his threads aren't too common.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First 100 Days 3 hr jan michael vincent 27
Stacie Ann 3 hr Pos 32
Down with property tax increase 7 hr A Local 8
Review: Amis Mill Eatery (Nov '10) 7 hr Dissapointed 62
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder 7 hr SgtFury87 25
Jim Greene Wed Amanda 1
Bruce Hurley arrested again Wed Well 2

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance