East TN couple sentenced in scam clai...

East TN couple sentenced in scam claiming babies died

There are 8 comments on the The Tennessean story from Aug 27, 2013, titled East TN couple sentenced in scam claiming babies died. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

<![CDATA[ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- A Rogersville couple have pleaded guilty and been sentenced on charges they lied about dead newborns to get donations. Investigators said 27-year-old Courtney Ladawn Murrell did not have twins who were stillborn, although she collected money for bogus funeral expenses. The Kingsport Times-News (http://bit.ly/1caCd5u ) reported Murrell was sentenced to a month in jail, two years' probation, 192 hours of community service and a $100 fine. Her husband, Irvin Henry "Trey" Murrell, was given a year of probation and a fine. Assistant Attorney General Alex Pearson said Courtney Murrell said she made up the story and her husband didn't know she faked the pregnancy until Aug. 19, when the couple were sentenced. ------ Information from: Kingsport Times-News, http://www.timesnews.net

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

“"One page at a time"”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#1 Sep 1, 2013
Bout Time!

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#2 Sep 2, 2013
Wow....messed up
IT IS SAD

Strawberry Plains, TN

#3 Sep 3, 2013
when kids suffer
Duh duh duh

Kingsport, TN

#4 Sep 4, 2013
IT IS SAD wrote:
when kids suffer
What the hell are you saying, THERE WERE NO KIDS!!!
carl edwards

Knoxville, TN

#6 Sep 5, 2013
Shoot them.
jack of all trades

United States

#8 Sep 12, 2013
I was in the courtroom that day and that is completely wrong. they got a lot wrong in those articles. i wonder how it could ever be straightened out? it was made to sound worse than it was... there is even a quote by a da that wasn't even THERE? it is just weird..
Amanda

Whitesburg, TN

#10 Jan 22, 2016
jack of all trades wrote:
I was in the courtroom that day and that is completely wrong. they got a lot wrong in those articles. i wonder how it could ever be straightened out? it was made to sound worse than it was... there is even a quote by a da that wasn't even THERE? it is just weird..
She is hiding on Facebook as La'dawn Murrell & she's running a scam asking for donations for an animal rescue. I plan on reporting and shutting her down ASAP! I'm
Zzzzzzz

United States

#11 Jan 22, 2016
Amanda wrote:
<quoted text>
She is hiding on Facebook as La'dawn Murrell & she's running a scam asking for donations for an animal rescue. I plan on reporting and shutting her down ASAP! I'm
Theres a topix post on her about her animal rescue & the name on it etc etc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rogersville Hookers (Sep '11) 1 hr Disgusted 28
Did Erika not want that known? 1 hr Yuck 17
First 100 Days 1 hr Reality Check 2
greedy Henards 2 hr You Know 15
Highway Department Mr. Bean 2 hr Concerned 41
Donna Young 2 hr jim 1
places hiring Sun Hmm 4

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance