Pregnent and on drugs in Rogersville

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anna

Church Hill, VA

#1 Oct 17, 2011
Here's a perfect symptom of what's wrong with today's society. Two girls, and these are just two out of many in this region, getting high on Oxycodone and other pills while pregnannt. Their newborn babies' are born with narcotics in their system. SOOOO SAD!!!!

http://www.timesnews.net/article/9037123/two-...
jgsdghdoh

Seymour, TN

#2 Oct 17, 2011
and one of them actually gets some jail time, which is deserved, but Megan Feagins tries to blame it on somebody else (like he forced her take pills while she was pregnant, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard) and then basically just gets a slap on the wrist. Thats the thanks she gives to him and his family for taking care of her baby, since she don't care enough to.
whaaaat

Johnson City, TN

#3 Oct 18, 2011
"Feagins’ attorney Doug Godbee told the court..."

Doug Godbee is defending a 21 yo, recently pregnant, drug-addicted woman?
More of the same

Johnson City, TN

#4 Oct 18, 2011
He's the most qualified, he has much experience representing these sorts of cases.

Don't forget that Taylor appointed him to be the attorney for these sorts of women in need as part of their special arrangement.
More of the same

Johnson City, TN

#5 Oct 18, 2011
From the article.

“It was the baby’s daddy who actually gave her the pills (during Feagins’ pregnancy),” Godbee stated to the judge.“He is a member of a prominent family and never was charged with anything.” The child is in the custody of the father’s parents.

Anyone know who the father is that forcibly drugged this girl, and what family it is that he is from?

This is very interesting. On one hand, Dugger believes the mother's testimony that she was forcibly drugged by the father. On the other hand, he has no interest in following up to question Godbee WHO the father is and WHAT "prominent local family" he comes from. Yet the judge, believing that this father forced the mother to take drugs, has no problem with custody of the baby being given to this same family that he believes forced the mother to take drugs.

Anything wrong with this picture?
blahblahblah

Knoxville, TN

#6 Oct 18, 2011
Yes, everything is wrong with the entire picture! He didn't force her to take anything and his family isn't that prominent, she's in trouble and he's not because he didn't do anything to get in trouble, no matter who his family is. She's the one who knowingly took drugs while she was pregnant. Its just her way of trying to blame her drug problem on somebody else, I guess its all the other guys' fault who she's been with and used for drugs before she was pregnant that she took pills then too. Its just a pathetic attempt to redirect the blame towards anybody but her, and its ridiculous that she didn't get into anymore trouble than she did.
More of the same

Johnson City, TN

#7 Oct 18, 2011
So basically you are saying that he got her hooked on the drugs, bought them, and supplied them to her while she was pregnant with his child, but it was entirely her own personal decision to take them and he should have no responsibility in the matter, criminal or otherwise.
blahblahblah

Knoxville, TN

#8 Oct 18, 2011
Basically I am saying that she was on drugs long before he ever came into the picture. The only reason that she probably even got with him is because she's the type of girl who bounces around using people for money and drugs. She'll do ANYTHING for either and she only sticks around until they aren't benefitting her anymore. The baby's father DID NOT get her hooked, and she would have found somebody else to supply her if he hadn't have (if he even did). I'm really not trying to defend him, I actually don't really even care for him as a person, I'm just trying to make the point that its nobody's fault but Megan's, and she has taken no accountability for her actions.
BS again

Rocky Face, GA

#9 Oct 18, 2011
What criminal doesn't go into court and try to blame their drug problem on somebody else? She "hired" Doug Godbey to represent her. Wonder how he got payed? I can tell you- in SEX! The reason the father wasn't charges with anything is because there was NO PROOF! If people on welfare take their checks and spend it on crack should the government be charged with supplying them with drugs? Not gonna happen. The child is in a loving home now where she is very loved and cared for. But for the record-the birth mother has been on drugs for years. Long before the baby daddy came along. There was a long list of possible fathers in the picture at the time. The whole thing is ridiculous and boils down to a mother giving drugs to her unborn baby and getting away scott free! Doug Godbey is still on our payroll and still getting his crack head ho's out of trouble. How in the hell does he still have strings to pull in Rogersville? Are our judges that stupid??
blahblahblah

Knoxville, TN

#10 Oct 18, 2011
BS again wrote:
What criminal doesn't go into court and try to blame their drug problem on somebody else? She "hired" Doug Godbey to represent her. Wonder how he got payed? I can tell you- in SEX! The reason the father wasn't charges with anything is because there was NO PROOF! If people on welfare take their checks and spend it on crack should the government be charged with supplying them with drugs? Not gonna happen. The child is in a loving home now where she is very loved and cared for. But for the record-the birth mother has been on drugs for years. Long before the baby daddy came along. There was a long list of possible fathers in the picture at the time. The whole thing is ridiculous and boils down to a mother giving drugs to her unborn baby and getting away scott free! Doug Godbey is still on our payroll and still getting his crack head ho's out of trouble. How in the hell does he still have strings to pull in Rogersville? Are our judges that stupid??
I totally agree. Finally somebody who gets what I'm saying. I just think its so messed up that she would even have the nerve to try to point finger when his family is taking care of that baby and she don't even care.
More of the same

Johnson City, TN

#11 Oct 18, 2011
You guys have convinced me. The father being a drug addict and dealer that supplies drugs to others is not a problem. He is a fine upstanding member of the public just like the Jailer who got a slap on the wrist for his own drug dealing. Why there is not a single thing wrong with being a dealer that supplies drugs to other people including pregnant women, how could I have been so stupid to think that. You folks are so right, what we need is more of these fine young drug dealers that are related to prominent families. They are the backbone of our community. At least according to you all.
BS again

Rocky Face, GA

#12 Oct 18, 2011
Nobody said he was fine, drugs are fine or any of the above! His problems are his, his choices are his. When you are a mother carrying an innocent baby, it is ABUSE to do drugs. Period. And the fact is if the father held her down and gave her drugs, he should be charged. He was investigated and aquited. If a father gives his ex wife money for child-support and she buys drugs with it and does them, should she be innocent and he be blamed for it? Think and get the facts before you talk.
More of the same

Johnson City, TN

#13 Oct 18, 2011
Who said it wasn't abuse? She should get the electric chair as far as I am concerned. Along with the father because giving drugs to a pregnant woman is ALSO child abuse, OK?

The insanity here is the judge agrees with her that it's the father's fault, but doesn't do anything about that. He is trying to play both sides, make all the local prominent families happy. It's not consistent or impartial justice. Believe me, if these two child abusers weren't related to the local prominent folks with important connections in the judicial system, we would be reading a very different story.

Putting the kid with the father's family given that he gives drugs to others, which makes him a dealer, is also a form of child abuse. So now the mother, the father and the judge are all involved in child abuse.

But everybody wants to blame only the mother, and then advocate that she get off easy.

This sort of family and born addicted to drugs, this kid is going to be another loser like his two child abusing parents, their idiot families, and the judge that just don't give a cr-p.

Put the kid in foster care and stick the whole dang family in prison.
BS again

Rocky Face, GA

#14 Oct 18, 2011
Ok now I understand. You are an idiot.
family member

United States

#16 Oct 19, 2011
Shanna Major moved in August and has already lost Aden. Poor thing doesnt have a daddy and now his mom is in NY probably strung out on hereoin. Who lets their only kid go 11 hrs to TN right before his birthday "to visit", then misses his birthday?
yuck

Knoxville, TN

#17 Oct 19, 2011
Shanna is a useless, snitching, dirty, junkie anyways. To me, she's not even worth mentioning. But that truly is awful, I feel so bad for Aden. Its almost like he simply never had a chance from the very beginning. I just truly hope that you and the rest of the family give him the love and attention that he deserves, and I'm sure you do.
Blah

Kingsport, TN

#18 Nov 2, 2011
Megan may have suprisingly passed her drug screens for court & DCS but they must not be supervising those tests because this girl is far from clean. She told it herself that she uses her boyfriends urine & puts it inside a condom & then puts the condom inside herself to keep the urine at the right temperature. So someone needs to be supervising her tests & I'm sure she would fail then. She knew good & well what she was doing taking those pills during her pregnancy, she just didn't care enough to quit. The father to the child may have had a problme to, but he couldn't have forced her to snort a pill, could he? Godbee is defintely the best one to get for her case, she knows she can sleep with him & get off the hook! She's a theif & so is her mother, she only knows what she was taught!
Again

Knoxville, TN

#19 Nov 3, 2011
I find it funny that Jessica Whitaker just had another baby. She just had a child a year ago and had it taken from her because of the drugs in the childs system. They put her in jail and then guess what? As soon as she gets out shes pregnant again. They should make these girls get there tubes tied. I wonder if she got to take this baby home with her? I sure hope not. Lord knows Brandon and Jessica cant take care of no child. They havent taken care of the first what.. 2 or 3 kids? I just cant believe this girl keeps having children.
in the court room

Kingsport, TN

#21 Nov 4, 2011
More of the same wrote:
From the article.
“It was the baby’s daddy who actually gave her the pills (during Feagins’ pregnancy),”On the other hand, he has no interest in following up to question Godbee WHO the father is and WHAT "prominent local family" he comes from.
Anything wrong with this picture?
I was waiting to hear another case and she actually did name the family and Good ole Doug told her to not name names. Doug even brought on the tears in his passionate plea for her to have mercy from the court. She really appeared to be trying to change and is passing her drug test, so I wish her the best; but Doug still makes me sick to my stomach. She is to young and to pretty to be at the mercy of Doug! Why he is still doing anything in the courtroom besides pleading guilty himself is beyond me!
somemore

AOL

#24 Nov 5, 2011
nothing ever happened to good ole doug and never will

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cherokee Basketball Coach 1 hr Dr Spek 4
Hilltop or D and M 1 hr Dr Spek 23
Ugly Chick 1 hr Dr Spek 10
Haley Ferrell 4 hr Still 9
Hilltop Automotive 7 hr Lmao 37
Items sold or gave away by Misty Davis 9 hr Carl 4
Bathroom law 12 hr truths 53
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages