Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#107567 Nov 10, 2013
grimy the fox wrote:
Sassy...i just love the way you wright.i hope to wright ass well as you someday.keep up the good work.if i was you, i bet my life wood work. thank you for all you do. Grimy Fox
Well Thank You, that is so sweet! I just write the same way I talk. Same emotions...minus the facial expressions for emphasis, Lol...same words, everything.

I remember some Teacher of mine in my early school years...don't ask me who or when, because I don't remember...but I remember what she/he said as though it were yesterday...and that was, to always write, informally, just like you spoke. I've always done that, since I was told to, in private letters (before the Internet), and now ON the Internet. I'm not sure I'd know how to get my point across any other way. Now, if my typing could just keep up with my thinking, I'd have it made. Lol!

So, I would suggest that you do the same, and pretty soon, it'll be as natural to you as taking a drink of water.
Thank you for posting that, it was a very nice thing for you to do.:)
grimy the fox

Oak Ridge, TN

#107568 Nov 10, 2013
thank you Sassy have a nice day..

Location hidden

#107569 Nov 10, 2013
grimy the fox wrote:
thank you Sassy have a nice day..
You too, gtf.:)

Location hidden

#107570 Nov 10, 2013
What is it about Fall that makes One really, REALLY miss People that they cared a lot about, but are no longer in their lives, even on Topix?
grimy the fox

Oak Ridge, TN

#107571 Nov 10, 2013
i miss jd hatmaker he gave me work all yere long.i never ran out of food.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#107572 Nov 10, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure that this is the Article that I read before, but the information is basically the same. I decided to Google it myself , since so many TEAbagger Posters on here don't seem to know how to Google anything, or they're just too lazy!
ANYway, this is nothing more than a Big Corporation Dirty Trick and an excuse for them to get out of doing what they have been trying to get out of doing, for years, when Unbridled Greed became the "NORM"! Unbridled Greed/Capitalism at it's finest and most devastating best, right here, Folks! THIS type of thing is what the TEApublicans are fighting for...their own Self-Destruction, and they have no clue what they are actually dooming themselves to, in their old age, by their own actions, NOW!
If we had a Congress worth a "pot", they'd put a stop to this kind of assault and Breach of Trust toward Former Workers!
If they get by with this, Pensions will be the next thing, just wait and see! Read it and WEEP, or STAY IN DENIAL, the choice is yours! Personally, I think you owe it to your Parents and Grandparents, to stop helping Big Corporations betray them, but that's just me!
----------
"GE, IBM Ending Retiree Health Plans In Historic Shift."
Click here:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-09/ge-t...
Thank you Linda, you don't know it but you just answered a question that I have been asking ol' Timbuck. Being from the Tea Party ol' Timbuck thought the Democrats and ObamaCare was responsiable for IBM dumping the retirees. But as this article points out it is a "Business Move" to save money.
Thank goodness those employees at least have ObamaCare to fall back on, instead of just dumping them with no other option.
Ol' Timbuck and many other people in the Tea Party will blame any negative thing on ObamaCare.

Location hidden

#107573 Nov 10, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Linda, you don't know it but you just answered a question that I have been asking ol' Timbuck. Being from the Tea Party ol' Timbuck thought the Democrats and ObamaCare was responsiable for IBM dumping the retirees. But as this article points out it is a "Business Move" to save money.
Thank goodness those employees at least have ObamaCare to fall back on, instead of just dumping them with no other option.
Ol' Timbuck and many other people in the Tea Party will blame any negative thing on ObamaCare.
Yep! And I suspect they know the truth because each Person it affects would get written notification, with a possible explanation in it, just to avoid some of the many phone calls they would surely get. Yet, when they tell it on Topix, they will blame it on Obama, no matter what it is.
Obama has done some things that I don't like, but I would never "pile on" because of all the erroneous things they blame Obama for...and because they stay in enough of a feeding frenzy about Obama, I don't want to add to it and make them act any worse than they already do. It's nerve-wracking to me.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#107574 Nov 10, 2013
here now wrote:
<quoted text>
OA - please note the subtle call of being gay. See, it is not just a conservative thing.
Let's see, there's "mancrush," and then there's...
She-male Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Waynesboro and Mt. Pleasant is basically just one hind tit next to the other, so why don't the drones "Rocco" and "George" meet and pull the love beads through their Gore materials?

Location hidden

#107575 Nov 10, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I didn't quite understand that Post, but I wasn't about to ask anybody to explain it to me. LOL!

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#107576 Nov 10, 2013
MadScientist wrote:
<quoted text>
You did notice that the article you linked to, was written by a 19 year old student from a conservative university, didn't you. The primary point people like you are missing, is that polluting the earth is bad whether it causes climate change or not.
Then get off the internet and stop contributing to the pollution of earth.
here now

Johnson City, TN

#107577 Nov 10, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Still a gay slur. Not as vulgar, but still a slur. But you excuse anything one of your cohorts do.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#107578 Nov 10, 2013
Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, you can guide children in the right direction, but you cannot prevent them from making mistakes. My daughter married a louse from TN and got caught up in drugs.
There is good news however. The two youngest are now in my custody and as such cannot get food stamps any longer. My 8 year old grandson still reminds me when we go past the “soda” man’s house. He, unlike the TN hillbillies here calls it soda instead of pop. He also no longer drinks soda.
My son at least has a job, but he works for an employer like you - one that doesn’t offer medical insurance. Odd that you would make fun of something that you don’t offer at your palatial cow farm, formerly a tobacco plantation.
As for him applying for assistance for his surgery, I suggested that he do that since they seem to take care of everyone else. But he found that white, young males need not apply. Had he been an illegal immigrant, he’d have been a shoe-in. We paid for the surgery out of pocket. Still cost less than a year’s worth of Obamacare.
“Timbuck's mother has Medicare and collects Social Security benefits.” Just like everyone else who is over 65. But my dad, who died at 61, didn’t get to collect a dime.
But why would you make fun of the fact that an 84 year old will now have to pay over $400 per month because of Obamacare? Strange sense of humor.
Oh....it's the "louse from TN" ....and us "hillbillies" who don't know what "soda" is, who are causing you problems !
Then there is that employer who doesn't provide health insurance coverage that is causing your son problems, and the corporation that provided your mom with insurance coverage long after she left their employ causing her, and you a problem.....I see ! And all of these problems are the result of "government" right "Timbuck" ?

You neglect to point out that you despise the food stamp program which you, yourself admitted was feeding your grandchildren.
You neglect to point out that you despise the labor unions which were the driving force behind the employer based health insurance model which protected workers for generations, or that you support the outsourcing of jobs that helped to destroy that model.
You neglect to point out that you stand against the ACA which will provide your kid with insurance coverage on a sliding scale because his employer doesn't offer it to employees.

My parents had Medicare, and their employers provided nothing for them from the day they retired forward. They paid for additional coverage out of pocket and the costs increased each and every year. They were both dead long before Medicare part "D" became law, so they paid a substantial portion of their Social Security checks for prescriptions. Do not lecture me about the plight of seniors.

Farming has become an expensive hobby for me and nothing more thanks to some of the folks you support with your votes, and the only people I hire for farm work are a couple of high school kids to help in hay. When I meet my maker, the land I farm will be sold for other purposes. The same thing has happened to most other farms around here since tobacco has been outsourced to cheap labor countries.
I have no intention of discussing the employee benefits I provide for those who work for me, but I can tell you two things, most have been with me for years, and none have ever found themselves in the position your son was in.

Location hidden

#107579 Nov 10, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Oh....it's the "louse from TN" ....and us "hillbillies" who don't know what "soda" is, who are causing you problems !
Then there is that employer who doesn't provide health insurance coverage that is causing your son problems, and the corporation that provided your mom with insurance coverage long after she left their employ causing her, and you a problem.....I see ! And all of these problems are the result of "government" right "Timbuck" ?
You neglect to point out that you despise the food stamp program which you, yourself admitted was feeding your grandchildren.
You neglect to point out that you despise the labor unions which were the driving force behind the employer based health insurance model which protected workers for generations, or that you support the outsourcing of jobs that helped to destroy that model.
You neglect to point out that you stand against the ACA which will provide your kid with insurance coverage on a sliding scale because his employer doesn't offer it to employees.
My parents had Medicare, and their employers provided nothing for them from the day they retired forward. They paid for additional coverage out of pocket and the costs increased each and every year. They were both dead long before Medicare part "D" became law, so they paid a substantial portion of their Social Security checks for prescriptions. Do not lecture me about the plight of seniors.
Farming has become an expensive hobby for me and nothing more thanks to some of the folks you support with your votes, and the only people I hire for farm work are a couple of high school kids to help in hay. When I meet my maker, the land I farm will be sold for other purposes. The same thing has happened to most other farms around here since tobacco has been outsourced to cheap labor countries.
I have no intention of discussing the employee benefits I provide for those who work for me, but I can tell you two things, most have been with me for years, and none have ever found themselves in the position your son was in.
Unfortunately, they just don't make 'em anymore, like OT. Most of the ones on this Forum could learn a lot just by being in his presence and listening to the wisdom he has to offer.
But sadly, I doubt that most of you have the ability to understand that, either.
Mary

Huntsville, TN

#107580 Nov 10, 2013
I think our Governor is the most corrupt Tn has ever had, He is giving every tax dollar he can to out of state companies , Example hiring the Illinois company to manage state office rental and lease property. Who say that all space will increase in cost by 60%. Paying all his out of state friends and getting away with it. Protected by his Repub buddies.
Pete

Bristol, TN

#107581 Nov 10, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Thank You, that is so sweet! I just write the same way I talk. Same emotions...minus the facial expressions for emphasis, Lol...same words, everything.
I remember some Teacher of mine in my early school years...don't ask me who or when, because I don't remember...but I remember what she/he said as though it were yesterday...and that was, to always write, informally, just like you spoke. I've always done that, since I was told to, in private letters (before the Internet), and now ON the Internet. I'm not sure I'd know how to get my point across any other way. Now, if my typing could just keep up with my thinking, I'd have it made. Lol!
So, I would suggest that you do the same, and pretty soon, it'll be as natural to you as taking a drink of water.
Thank you for posting that, it was a very nice thing for you to do.:)
Good grief Sassy, the poster was being facetious. Use some common sense.

Location hidden

#107582 Nov 10, 2013
Hey, you "Tough Guys" that like to call everybody a Communist that disagrees with you...bet there's not even one of you that's tough enough to do this!
----------
"Protester Nails Testicles To Red Square Cobblestone."

Click here:

http://news.yahoo.com/protester-nails-testicl...

Location hidden

#107583 Nov 10, 2013
Mary wrote:
I think our Governor is the most corrupt Tn has ever had, He is giving every tax dollar he can to out of state companies , Example hiring the Illinois company to manage state office rental and lease property. Who say that all space will increase in cost by 60%. Paying all his out of state friends and getting away with it. Protected by his Repub buddies.
I agree and, I just read last night that our State Revenues came up shorter than expected. So, you know what that means...there'll be cuts to Working and Poor Tennesseans of some kind. You can bet your bottom dollar that Nothing will be cut that benefits the Wealthy in this State.

Location hidden

#107584 Nov 10, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief Sassy, the poster was being facetious. Use some common sense.
Hey, at least he/she didn't call me a filthy Name, so that's so unusual that I'll gladly play the game with him/her!

All things considered, facetious or not, it's one of the nicer posts that I've had in a long time.
That's sad but true, and you know it is!
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#107585 Nov 10, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and, I just read last night that our State Revenues came up shorter than expected. So, you know what that means...there'll be cuts to Working and Poor Tennesseans of some kind. You can bet your bottom dollar that Nothing will be cut that benefits the Wealthy in this State.
What exactly would you cut in Tennessee that benefits the wealthy?

Location hidden

#107586 Nov 10, 2013
Frankly, I don't think this is enough, but it's probably all they can get, if they can get THAT much.
----------
"U.S. Seeks $864 Million From Bank Of America After Fraud Verdict."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/u-seeks-864-million-ban...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Surgoinsville Roads (Nov '13) 12 min openingtheclosetf... 20
Obama has been a great president 22 min Willy 32
pregnant highschoolers 23 min a product of roge... 46
Linda 5 hr Aunt B 11
Volunteer football players with concussions 5 hr Ruprect of Bebbin... 1
Decoding Republican B.S. words & phrases 5 hr Calhoun 5
Auto work 8 hr Sunshine 8
Rogersville Dating
Find my Match

Rogersville Jobs