Sam

Livingston, TN

#48389 Sep 26, 2012
Romney will screw ALL Working people in the USA with help from paul ryan..

Sam Stein
huffingtonpost.com

Romney To Middle Class Ohioans: Don't Expect Too Much Tax Relief From Me

WESTERVILLE, Ohio --...Romney's comment on Wednesday left some in the crowd believing that their deductions and exemptions -- be they on home mortgage interest payments, charitable donations or employer-provided health insurance -- would be targeted if he became president. And it wasn't a top-income-bracket type of crowd. In 2009, the estimated median household income in Westerville was $76,154. Census data from 2011 shows that the mean household income in Franklin County, which contains part of Westerville, is $65,607. For Delaware County, which contains another part of Westerville, that number is $107,231.

"I'm curious what he meant by that," Westerville resident Phil Bentley said of Romney's comment. "I don't know if I have seen those details."

Still, Bentley said, he supported Romney's overall tax plan, which calls for a 20 tax cut across the board for all income brackets, and which Romney insists will remain deficit neutral In fact, none of the half-dozen attendees interviewed after the event expressed concern about the remarks, offering up lines of explanation that one wouldn't often expect at a Republican presidential candidate's rally.

"We need the taxes to stay the way they are because we have to get the debt down," said Margo Belkofer, of Powell, Ohio.

"He's not promoting a tax cut, he is preventing a tax increase," said Jim Bachelder, of Westerville.

Cynthia Beitman, of Westerville, said she was fine with Romney eliminating deductions and exemptions for people like her, so long as he lowered the rates overall for small businesses. "People run small businesses," she exclaimed.

"I thought that line was really good," said Patty Karst of Gahanna, Ohio. "You have to realize as a society that we have to have the funds for infrastructure, the protection of the country and the social programs we support."

__._,_.___
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Nolensville, TN

#48390 Sep 26, 2012
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your post to me about the jobs in China, and I get your point about what our government is doing to send jobs overseas, but I don't understand the people who say we could not afford it if it was made in America when Apple is having it made in China for $8 and selling it for $500. That is a huge markup and still sounds like corporate greed to me.
Apple may have $8 labor in it, no one knows the actual cost unless they are in Apple upper management. If someone claims to know the cost, they're lying. Apple doesn't even disclose who most of their suppliers are. Their competition reverse engineers the Apple products to see who the suppliers are. The materials, i.e. extreme micro chips, pcb, case, software, camera, etc is expensive. Consider that most if not all of Apples' suppliers are in China, so getting the parts to the factory costs very little. If it was made here there would be increased transportation costs. Bottom line, Apple can charge whatever the market dictates. As long as people buy a $500 phone, Apple will charge it.....supply & demand. By the way, Apple does not own any factories....EVERYTHING is contracted out.
sam

United States

#48391 Sep 26, 2012
Barry Obama Is a Failure wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the tax cuts that Romney is proposing is across the board 20% cut - rich, middle, poor, lefty, righty.... everybody. When you say just the rich, your ignorance shows. The cuts are designed to actually generate more revenue through more consumer spending.
LOL.....if you believe that it shows your ignorance. Shake the etch-a-sketch again !!!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#48392 Sep 26, 2012
<quoted text>
Once again, the tax cuts that Romney is proposing is across the board 20% cut - rich, middle, poor, lefty, righty.... everybody. When you say just the rich, your ignorance shows. The cuts are designed to actually generate more revenue through more consumer spending.
If tax cuts fuel consumer spending, and TWO rounds of the Bush tax cuts plus the payroll tax cuts are currently in effect, why is the economy not booming ? Why are tax collections down in Washington ?? The utopia of tax cuts is VASTLY overrated.
I do not care if he is proposing across the board tax cuts or not. An income tax cut of 20% for an AVERAGE American will in no way replace a 6000 dollar increase in Medicare costs per year once they retire. An income tax cut of 20% for a millionaire will cover that MANY times over. You may wish to further enrich the wealthy at the expense of average Americans but I do not, and I suspect most American workers agree with me. There are none so blind....
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Nolensville, TN

#48393 Sep 26, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.....if you believe that it shows your ignorance. Shake the etch-a-sketch again !!!
Keep watching the Obama commercials lemming.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Nolensville, TN

#48394 Sep 26, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> If tax cuts fuel consumer spending, and TWO rounds of the Bush tax cuts plus the payroll tax cuts are currently in effect, why is the economy not booming ? Why are tax collections down in Washington ?? The utopia of tax cuts is VASTLY overrated.
I do not care if he is proposing across the board tax cuts or not. An income tax cut of 20% for an AVERAGE American will in no way replace a 6000 dollar increase in Medicare costs per year once they retire. An income tax cut of 20% for a millionaire will cover that MANY times over. You may wish to further enrich the wealthy at the expense of average Americans but I do not, and I suspect most American workers agree with me. There are none so blind....
Ok, yank out the billions from Medicare that Obama is transferring to Obamacare, then see where Medicare stands 3 years from now. In a way, I'd like to see Obama get re-elected just to illustrate that he can't do what he says once again.

And by the way, did you happen to read over Mitt's proposals to penalize "the rich" when it comes to receiving Social Security and Medicare benefits? Of course you didn't, lemming. "The rich" would receive reduced amounts of SS and Medicare benefits coinciding with their income level and net worth. Some benefits for the rich would be cut in half. I really didn't expect you to know anything about it.
sam

United States

#48395 Sep 26, 2012
<quoted text>
I'd like to see Obama get re-elected just to illustrate that he can't do what he says once again.
Keep watching......you will see him re-elected.
stich

La Follette, TN

#48396 Sep 26, 2012
no one
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#48397 Sep 26, 2012
<quoted text>
Ok, yank out the billions from Medicare that Obama is transferring to Obamacare, then see where Medicare stands 3 years from now. In a way, I'd like to see Obama get re-elected just to illustrate that he can't do what he says once again.
And by the way, did you happen to read over Mitt's proposals to penalize "the rich" when it comes to receiving Social Security and Medicare benefits? Of course you didn't, lemming. "The rich" would receive reduced amounts of SS and Medicare benefits coinciding with their income level and net worth. Some benefits for the rich would be cut in half. I really didn't expect you to know anything about it.
That transfer out of Medicare was ALSO included in the Ryan budget that Mitt had espoused and that passed out of the House. That transfer would have already taken place IF there was not a Democratic majority in the Senate blocking the Ryan budget from being enacted. Do not try to make Mitt and Paul the saviors of Medicare they are FAR from it.
I am not in favor of taking Medicare and Social Security benefits from the rich either. They paid for them just like I did. What I want to see is them pay more in taxes to place these programs on a more stable footing. There is no reason for people making millions to pay a lesser percentage of taxes on their income than I do as a small business owner on my earnings, and certainly not a lesser percentage than those who work for me pay on their earnings from honest labor. Yet they do.
Now if you want to see a lemming .... take a look in the mirror.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#48398 Sep 26, 2012
<quoted text>
Keep watching the Obama commercials lemming.
Hello, "Vet"! I wondered what User Name "123pictures" was referring to when he/she accused me of insulting "Vet" because I knew the "Vet" we used to know had not posted in a long time. So, now I know what Name "Vet" switched to and is currently using because "Vet" is the only poster who referred to others as a "lemming".

I guess your Buddy, the owner of Chick-A-Fil, caused you to embarrass yourself so badly that you didn't have the courage to keep posting under the Name, "Vet". That's not very courageous of you, Vet, to scare that easily. If you can't stand your ground any better than that, I would have to wonder if you were ever a real Military Veteran.
But, you've made Leroy happy, at least.

Now, I wonder which one of these fairly new Posters is really "timbuk2"? I'll bet one of them is...it may even be the same one that used to be "Vet" ahd is now this One that I'm talking to.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Nolensville, TN

#48399 Sep 26, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> That transfer out of Medicare was ALSO included in the Ryan budget that Mitt had espoused and that passed out of the House. That transfer would have already taken place IF there was not a Democratic majority in the Senate blocking the Ryan budget from being enacted. Do not try to make Mitt and Paul the saviors of Medicare they are FAR from it.
I am not in favor of taking Medicare and Social Security benefits from the rich either. They paid for them just like I did. What I want to see is them pay more in taxes to place these programs on a more stable footing. There is no reason for people making millions to pay a lesser percentage of taxes on their income than I do as a small business owner on my earnings, and certainly not a lesser percentage than those who work for me pay on their earnings from honest labor. Yet they do.
Now if you want to see a lemming .... take a look in the mirror.

Reducing their benefits Vs raising their taxes....either way they pay, lemming, LOL. Does it matter if you take the money out of your left pocket or right pocket when you pay for something at the store? I guess it matters to you.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#48400 Sep 26, 2012
<quoted text>
In a way, I'd like to see Obama get re-elected just to illustrate that he can't do what he says once again.
There are days when I feel that way about the tea party Republicans. I am old enough that I would be exempt from the changes they are proposing and while I do not like to boast, I have been pretty careful with my money and have been very fortunate so I would be okay. Then I think about the folks who were not so fortunate....you know that 47% that Mitt and Paul have no use for. Many of them are my friends neighbors, and customers. I KNOW how some have struggled just to survive and I think I should redouble my efforts to see to it that they have the meager safety net government currently provides. AND I think about that old saying that goes "There but for the Grace of God, go I"
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Nolensville, TN

#48401 Sep 26, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, "Vet"! I wondered what User Name "123pictures" was referring to when he/she accused me of insulting "Vet" because I knew the "Vet" we used to know had not posted in a long time. So, now I know what Name "Vet" switched to and is currently using because "Vet" is the only poster who referred to others as a "lemming".
I guess your Buddy, the owner of Chick-A-Fil, caused you to embarrass yourself so badly that you didn't have the courage to keep posting under the Name, "Vet". That's not very courageous of you, Vet, to scare that easily. If you can't stand your ground any better than that, I would have to wonder if you were ever a real Military Veteran.
Now, I wonder which one of these fairly new Posters is really "timbuk2"? I'll bet one of them is...it may even be the same one that used to be "Vet" ahd is now this One that I'm talking to.
I don't use aliases. Check my location.....lemming LOL.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Nolensville, TN

#48402 Sep 26, 2012
79% of GM's sales last month were government purchased.

Remember how obama keeps telling us how he saved GM, and how our economy is getting better, it seems the car company he bought is being saved by Govt employees using our tax money to buy new cars. 79% of GM’s sales last month was government purchased.
GM’s sales figures for last month were the best since 2008 , up 16% for the month of June. YIPPEE! Well, wait just a minute. It seems that those rosey sales figures are due primarily to a 79% increase in fleet sales to the U.S.gov ernment in June. That’s right. Our tax dollars are being used to pump up GM’s sales figures ahead of next month’s quarterly report so that Dear Leader can point to Government Motors as a huge success. The incestuous relationship between GM, the UAW and the Regime has never been more glaringly apparent. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. GM is unsustainable without government subsidies and will ultimately go bust again, taking billions of taxpayer dollars down with it.
We bailed out General Motors to the tune of $50 billion.$30 billion of this is effectively a loss, mostly sunk into fattening the United Auto Workers union—fierce Obama supporters—while the actual bondholders were shown the elevator shaft.

Meanwhile, as NewsBusters reports,“We the Taxpayers are still stuck holding 500+ million shares of GM stock. Which we need to sell at $53 per. Which debuted post-bankruptcy at $33 per. And which is currently trading at just over $20 per. Meaning we’ll lose about $15 billion.”
But it gets better. Despite the overwhelming negatives, the tiny bright spot of positive June sales numbers is being heralded by Obama and the leftist press as proof the auto bailout was a “success.”
Obama is now campaigning on the “success” of – the government buying cars from…the government’s car company. With our money.
Americanvision says That’s like you setting up a lemonade stand for your kids. You buy them the lemons, sugar, cups and pitchers – and then buy most of the lemonade yourself.
The pressure is on Government Motors to appear financially strong as this may be the last earnings report before November elections and sets the stage for how “successful” GM is. One of GM’s past tricks to help fudge earnings numbers has been to stuff truck inventory channels. Old habits die hard at GM. According to a Bloomberg report,“GM said inventory of its full-size pickups, which will be refreshed next year, climbed to 238,194 at the end of June, a 135 days supply, up from 116 days at the end of May.” 135 days supply is huge, the accepted norm is a 60 day supply. The trick here is that GM records revenue when vehicles go into dealership inventories, not when actually sold to consumers.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Nolensville, TN

#48403 Sep 26, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't use aliases. Check my location.....lemming.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#48404 Sep 26, 2012
<quoted text>.
Reducing their benefits Vs raising their taxes....either way they pay, lemming, LOL. Does it matter if you take the money out of your left pocket or right pocket when you pay for something at the store? I guess it matters to you.
I see ! So when there was a huge surplus in tax collections in 2000, were the Social Security and Medicare trust funds suddenly solvent ? NOPE. In fact Gore was proposing taking those taxes and placing them in a lock box to shore up those trust funds. Instead "W" passed along TWO tax cuts and then not only were those trust funds still heading toward insolvency but so was the entire Federal Government. They are all the same when YOU say they are and all different when YOU say they are ! Now I get it ! Have you looked in that mirror yet ?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#48405 Sep 26, 2012
Remember how obama keeps telling us how he saved GM, and how our economy is getting better, it seems the car company he bought is being saved by Govt employees using our tax money to buy new cars. 79% of GM’s sales last month was government purchased..
Good. I am happy that we have an American car company that our government can buy cars from. I suppose you want Washington to buy KIAs or maybe Hondas...
misty

Graysville, TN

#48406 Sep 26, 2012
You sick people running this thread need a job.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#48407 Sep 26, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sassy" I don't think this poster is our AWOL friend "Vet". After all the conversations and debates we have had, I think I could pick "Vet" out pretty easily. This poster has a much different style of debating. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
You don't listen to talk radio and Rush as much as I do, but lemming used to be one of his favorite things to call liberals and others who are conservatives on the radio and their listeners picked the term up. Rush doesn't use it much anymore but it slips in occasionally !
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#48408 Sep 26, 2012
Remember how obama keeps telling us how he saved GM, and how our economy is getting better, it seems the car company he bought is being saved by Govt employees using our tax money to buy new cars. 79% of GM’s sales last month was government purchased.
GM’s sales figures for last month were the best since 2008 , up 16% for the month of June. YIPPEE! Well, wait just a minute. It seems that those rosey sales figures are due primarily to a 79% increase in fleet sales to the U.S.gov ernment in June. That’s right. Our tax dollars are being used to pump up GM’s sales figures ahead of next month’s quarterly report so that Dear Leader can point to Government Motors as a huge success. The incestuous relationship between GM, the UAW and the Regime has never been more glaringly apparent. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. GM is unsustainable without government subsidies and will ultimately go bust again, taking billions of taxpayer dollars down with it.
We bailed out General Motors to the tune of $50 billion.$30 billion of this is effectively a loss, mostly sunk into fattening the United Auto Workers union—fierce Obama supporters—while the actual bondholders were shown the elevator shaft.
Meanwhile, as NewsBusters reports,“We the Taxpayers are still stuck holding 500+ million shares of GM stock. Which we need to sell at $53 per. Which debuted post-bankruptcy at $33 per. And which is currently trading at just over $20 per. Meaning we’ll lose about $15 billion.”
But it gets better. Despite the overwhelming negatives, the tiny bright spot of positive June sales numbers is being heralded by Obama and the leftist press as proof the auto bailout was a “success.”
Obama is now campaigning on the “success” of – the government buying cars from…the government’s car company. With our money.
Americanvision says That’s like you setting up a lemonade stand for your kids. You buy them the lemons, sugar, cups and pitchers – and then buy most of the lemonade yourself.
The pressure is on Government Motors to appear financially strong as this may be the last earnings report before November elections and sets the stage for how “successful” GM is. One of GM’s past tricks to help fudge earnings numbers has been to stuff truck inventory channels. Old habits die hard at GM. According to a Bloomberg report,“GM said inventory of its full-size pickups, which will be refreshed next year, climbed to 238,194 at the end of June, a 135 days supply, up from 116 days at the end of May.” 135 days supply is huge, the accepted norm is a 60 day supply. The trick here is that GM records revenue when vehicles go into dealership inventories, not when actually sold to consumers.
......and the Government is pumping that money right back into good old U.S.A., AMERICANS........not stashing it in the Cayman's, Bermuda or Swiss Banks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nation Of Islam 7 min Bonjour 37
Rachel Wallace DUI and wrecked car with Boyfri... 46 min ex friend 4
Amy Jeffers 2 hr Old TImer 18
angie the snitch catron 3 hr so true 2
Charter Cable $$$ 3 hr Larry the cable Guy 13
Blood on their hands 5 hr billyG 5
Swingers in Hawkins County (Dec '09) 6 hr come on 58
Dentist and daughter accused of TennCare fraud 21 hr Really?? 21
Rogersville Dating
Find my Match