teen age girls dressing slutty

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mamaw

Knoxville, TN

#1 Aug 18, 2009
Why do parents allow their daughters to dress in way to revealing clothing. They dress so that nothing is left to the imagination. Do you parents really want these young men with ragging hormones lusting after them. Undressing them with there eyes. Making sexual comments to them. I want my daughter to be recognized for her inner beauty not just her body. We wonder why we have such a high teen pregnancy rate in Hawkins County. Why don't the parents teach their sons to look for the inner beauty of a young girl instead of just looking for a girl friend with a hot body. Then maybe they would respect females better. But then again they can't have a since of respect for a young girl who bares all and flaunts her treats and teases young men with their style of dressing. It's so sad at what we as parents allow our children to do. Knowing that it could cause them heart ache them making wrong decisions because of lust.
fist city

United States

#2 Aug 18, 2009
Amen to that Mamaw!

“Stuck in the Middle”

Since: Jul 09

Rogersville, Tn

#3 Aug 18, 2009
I agree but I've always said that if you wear the uniform then the assumption is you work there...If they dress this way, assumptions are made..It works both ways, though...A boy that is raised right will have respect for girls and tend to not seek out these types of young lady's..This is just in theory, however..In the real world its a little different because they are human...You just need to raise children with morals and values that reflect better judgement...This would help...
Spiked

Franklin, NC

#4 Aug 18, 2009
Those who think girls are somehow different from boys are living in a long gone past. Most young girls of today have the same raging hormones that the boys have. Girls dress that way cause they want it just as bad. Teach our sons to look at the inner beauty of girls? Yeah right, when the girls stop going from one good looking but otherwise worthless guy to the next maybe we will.
I agree

AOL

#5 Aug 18, 2009
I was at walmart the other day and a young girl, maybe 13 or 14 had a pair of shorts on that were so short, every time she took a step, her butt cheek was exposed! I have two daughters myself and I assure you, they will be sorry if I ever catch them in clothing like that! Thankfully, they are still in the Dora and Carebear stages, lol. I was raised by my father and he made sure I was decent before I left the house. I knew better than to test him, and I respect him for the way he raised me. There are perverts in this town and how long is it gonna be before they start preying on these half dressed children?

“all about me”

Since: Feb 09

small town

#6 Aug 18, 2009
omg... stop bein jealous.... you know if you had a body like that you would show it off too.

Location hidden

#7 Aug 18, 2009
Society promotes this. Look at the clothes they have to choose from. I was in Wendys and low and behold there was a beautiful girl that was sitting down and everyone could see her crack. Jealous I don't think so, ashamed for her, yes.
They make short & tight shirts, low wasted jeans, almost crouch less shorts and low cut tops. Most girls this age are looking for attention they just don't relize it's the wrong kind. As long as they continue to buy this type of clothing our stores will be full of it. I just don't understand what parent allows them to wear it.
mamaw

Knoxville, TN

#8 Aug 18, 2009
Spiked wrote:
Those who think girls are somehow different from boys are living in a long gone past. Most young girls of today have the same raging hormones that the boys have. Girls dress that way cause they want it just as bad. Teach our sons to look at the inner beauty of girls? Yeah right, when the girls stop going from one good looking but otherwise worthless guy to the next maybe we will.
Girls dress that way because there parents allow them too. Yes I will agree that girls know exactly what they are doing when they dress the way they do. But 99% of the time the parents are the ones paying for the clothing. Most guys around here were blue jeans and tee shirts un less they are gay or into the gay or not gay trend. They are not the ones with cleavage. and low cut jeans and thongs showing when they bend over. The mess going on with this is 99.9% the parents fault they are the ones paying for the style clothes the children wear. Just so NO to SLUT wear. Why don't parents teach their children to be more selective with whom they choose to date. I think our sons and daughters are worth teaching them to be very picky about whom they run with. The old saying says you are who you run with.
mamaw

Knoxville, TN

#9 Aug 18, 2009
I agree wrote:
I was at walmart the other day and a young girl, maybe 13 or 14 had a pair of shorts on that were so short, every time she took a step, her butt cheek was exposed! I have two daughters myself and I assure you, they will be sorry if I ever catch them in clothing like that! Thankfully, they are still in the Dora and Carebear stages, lol. I was raised by my father and he made sure I was decent before I left the house. I knew better than to test him, and I respect him for the way he raised me. There are perverts in this town and how long is it gonna be before they start preying on these half dressed children?
They all ready are. It's scary
mamaw

Knoxville, TN

#10 Aug 18, 2009
centerfold wrote:
omg... stop bein jealous.... you know if you had a body like that you would show it off too.
young ladies who respect their body's are a lot classier. You can look just a beautiful in less revealing clothing. When is comes to my daughters classy wins over slutty any day. It teaches them to be confident and sure of them selves. They don't have to dress trashy and slutty to be noticed.
jody

Knoxville, TN

#11 Aug 18, 2009
Its as if certian girls love tempting the guys. Its like they are on a mission. they want to draw as much attention to their private parts as they can. But we all need to realize some of the most well to do families allow their daughters to dress revealing and slutty. it going on in all walks of life its as if they are saying look at my body and not my heart and mind. Then they wonder why their boyfriend loves them and leaves them. Boy beware a lot of girls are out to get as many of you before they get out of college and high school as they can. They want bragging rights. Dressing slutty 9 times out of 10 results in sex before marriage. Any female can dress slutty but it takes a real classy lady to look beautiful naturally and pleasantly.

“Let us Prey”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#12 Aug 18, 2009
I have never needed any emotional validation based on my wardrobe.
Young girls have no self esteem. They think they are only as good as their bodies look. Parents letting MTV raise their daughters are to blame.

Location hidden

#13 Aug 18, 2009
When girls start to place their worth on their appearance, how are they going to feel about themselves when they get older and loose their youthful beauty?
whatabout

Maryville, TN

#14 Aug 18, 2009
I agree with everything you guys are saying.What I can't stand to see that is happening is the forty year old mothers that are sharing clothes with their teenage daughters and also dressing like this. That's another reason we have more girls dressing this way. We as mothers are supposed to be setting examples for our children. I would be ashamed.
Right

AOL

#15 Aug 18, 2009
centerfold wrote:
It depends on who you are showing it off too. To the person who can admire your body and walk away that's not a problem but what about the disturbed individual your attire will also attract. Bait can attract the fish you want as well as the piranha you don't want. Believe me the piranha are increasing in numbers, they don't care how hot you are they just want to control you, like a toy. So next time you walk out that door in your killer attire that would make a dead man salute, ask yourself this. "Can I survive being repeatedly raped and held in an underground basement for 4 years? If the answer is yes, you can dress as slutty as you like.
Psychoanalyze This

United States

#16 Aug 18, 2009
Right wrote:
<quoted text>It depends on who you are showing it off too. To the person who can admire your body and walk away that's not a problem but what about the disturbed individual your attire will also attract. Bait can attract the fish you want as well as the piranha you don't want. Believe me the piranha are increasing in numbers, they don't care how hot you are they just want to control you, like a toy. So next time you walk out that door in your killer attire that would make a dead man salute, ask yourself this. "Can I survive being repeatedly raped and held in an underground basement for 4 years? If the answer is yes, you can dress as slutty as you like.
In a word, no to your statement. No matter how "slutty" someone may or may not dress, a rape is not about sex, it is about control. What you said somehow justifies rape, as if the girl "asks for it." Again, no matter how "slutty" (define that as you want) a woman dresses, that will not make a normal man rape her. A perverted, sick freak rapist, however, would rape a nun dressed in full habit.
WRONG

United States

#17 Aug 18, 2009
Right wrote:
<quoted text>It depends on who you are showing it off too. To the person who can admire your body and walk away that's not a problem but what about the disturbed individual your attire will also attract. Bait can attract the fish you want as well as the piranha you don't want. Believe me the piranha are increasing in numbers, they don't care how hot you are they just want to control you, like a toy. So next time you walk out that door in your killer attire that would make a dead man salute, ask yourself this. "Can I survive being repeatedly raped and held in an underground basement for 4 years? If the answer is yes, you can dress as slutty as you like.
sEEK HELP RIGHT AWAY, YOU AIN'T RIGHT INTHE HEAD. yOU NEED TO BE WATCHED REAL CLOSE
Observer

Whitwell, TN

#18 Aug 19, 2009
mamaw wrote:
Why do parents allow their daughters to dress in way to revealing clothing. They dress so that nothing is left to the imagination.
Well I agree with you. It starts with child beauty pagents where they glam up their little girls, and continues.

Been to any of our local churches? You can tell which 45 yr old women have just divorced their husbands. They are the ones with the exposed belly button, the tall boots, tight jeans, dyed hair, etc. Women with teenagers at home are dressing like whores and the pastor won't say a word to them about it.
Observer

Whitwell, TN

#19 Aug 19, 2009
Don't get me started about all the tramp stamps on aging wrinkled flesh and muffin tops. Gag!

Since: May 09

Rogersville, TN

#20 Aug 19, 2009
My daughter is 13 and I can tell you there are good clothes out there for girls and we buy them. No skimpy stuff, no low cut stuff, no booty shorts. She doesn't want them either! Thank goodness!(Couldn't have them anyway even if she did! LOL).

Part of the problem is the parents allowing 9-11 year old girls to wear makeup! My 9 year old has several girls in her class that wear it on a regular basis! That's CRAZY! What message is that sending to the girls first of all (that you have to wear makeup to be pretty)? Not to mention the teachers (I don't care if my 9 year old looks like a tart)! That's where the clothing issues start too I think cause if they can get away with that, why not go one farther? Good grief! I wasn't allowed to wear any makeup until I was 13 (though I remember asking from about 11 on!) and even then it was just pale lipstick and a little eyeshadow. Where have the morals of our PARENTS gone? They need to say NO the kids are KIDS not our best buds! Good grief!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The judge 1 hr Janine Fetis Smythe 18
Pig and chick 1 hr Eat out 4
Sam Dong Supervision lol 3 hr hmmmmm 27
ashley wunderlich 7 hr G_Strang 7
News Woman's Body Found In Holding Pond Identified 9 hr I care 9
Heritage Days 9 hr Nuttinbut a g str... 61
Jarred courtney 10 hr deffo 7
What's up with our Juvenile Judges 12 hr Anonymous Smith 43

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web