Needng help with Christmas can anyone help even a little?

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 17, 2012
I am a single mother of 5 children and needing a little help with christmas.. I know its a little late to be asking for help but I had someone offer to help from VA but when I txted to find out if they was still meeting me on the 21st they said that something came up and they couldnt help us anymore pretty silly they could of told me I would of been sitting here on christmas with my kids and them not call or show up.:( there is 1 thing they want i cant afford it if anyone could help at all get that one thing for them or something at all it would be very gretful pls email me butterfligrl29@yahoo.com God bless everyone and Merry Christmas.
wondering

Lawndale, NC

#2 Dec 17, 2012
butterfligrl29 wrote:
I am a single mother of 5 children and needing a little help with christmas.. I know its a little late to be asking for help but I had someone offer to help from VA but when I txted to find out if they was still meeting me on the 21st they said that something came up and they couldnt help us anymore pretty silly they could of told me I would of been sitting here on christmas with my kids and them not call or show up.:( there is 1 thing they want i cant afford it if anyone could help at all get that one thing for them or something at all it would be very gretful pls email me butterfligrl29@yahoo.com God bless everyone and Merry Christmas.
if I knew this wasn't a joke and someone just trying to make quick cash I would help. What's the one thing they want.
yea

United States

#3 Dec 17, 2012
i feel same way id help if i knew it was real.
yeah

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 17, 2012
Alot of people would help a child but i have a question...why does this mother not go to the shepards center cause they do christmas for the children for kids but instead waits until one week from christmas to ask for help.
OMG

Kingsport, TN

#5 Dec 18, 2012
Places like the Shepherd Center have the means to determine need. Maybe she went and was denied. Maybe she didn't know about them. God calls for us to love one another, but He also doesn't want us to be dumb and foolish. Makes me wonder how she has the electronic and Internet means to get on here and post, but no means to buy what else her kids need.
Maybe

Knoxville, TN

#6 Dec 18, 2012
Maybe she posted from the library. She may have posted from a friends computer.

Typical Hawkins Co... always dump it on the Shepherds Center to ease your conscience.
concerned citizen

United States

#7 Dec 18, 2012
can you please just say what you need maybe between all of us we can help
OMG

Kingsport, TN

#8 Dec 18, 2012
If the library knows what they're doing, they have this site blocked and locked down.
Maybe

Knoxville, TN

#9 Dec 18, 2012
OMG wrote:
If the library knows what they're doing, they have this site blocked and locked down.
Read the second part of my sentence then. You just post and post with no debate whatsoever.
duh

Johnson City, TN

#10 Dec 18, 2012
It was posted 22 hrs ago, which would be 530ish. My question is, if they needed help so bad, why haven't they checked back?
duh

Johnson City, TN

#11 Dec 18, 2012
Oops, would have been 930ish.
I have seen it

Kingsport, TN

#12 Dec 18, 2012
yeah wrote:
Alot of people would help a child but i have a question...why does this mother not go to the shepards center cause they do christmas for the children for kids but instead waits until one week from christmas to ask for help.
Probably because you can't get help there, without them needing to know everything about you, and all your business will be told to the rest of the community. This is the last place anyone should go, and the sad thing is there is not any places in Hawkins County... besides Hope Community Church, and they love to pay alms in public also...I don't need to know this persons income or situation. it is not for me to judge them, but for me to meet the need, and God will do the rest...so what can I do to help(to the poster)?
Crazy

Kingsport, TN

#13 Dec 18, 2012
I have seen it wrote:
<quoted text>Probably because you can't get help there, without them needing to know everything about you, and all your business will be told to the rest of the community. This is the last place anyone should go, and the sad thing is there is not any places in Hawkins County... besides Hope Community Church, and they love to pay alms in public also...I don't need to know this persons income or situation. it is not for me to judge them, but for me to meet the need, and God will do the rest...so what can I do to help(to the poster)?
They need to know the same information the Department of Human Services requires. It is their right as a Ministry to ask for that information because it is an EMERGENCY pantry that people use as their personal grocery store. There was ample time for the poster to fill out an application for Christmas for the Children and I can tell you right now, so far not one child within age limits has been turned away, hence the article in the Kingsport Times News about not all the children being adopted. Either the poster makes to much money to qualify, failed to timely put in the application and go through the interview process. But honestly, no one here has any idea who this person is and whether they infact have a need and did not already put in for Christmas for the Children or any other agency and wants a good amount under the tree that will save them money for other things. Oh and one more for the record.. Shepherd Center does not share any information about anyone and their circumstances, there is such thing as the HIPPA law.
criditt

Maryville, TN

#14 Dec 18, 2012
Hate to brust your bubble but the HIPPA law is just like the DUI law. You are not suppose to drink and drive but it happens every day. This town is the worst for talking about someone else, telling on another or making up a lie just to have something to talk about.
No sucker here

United States

#15 Dec 18, 2012
You people offering to help this woman should get facts, details and see these children before you so graciously offer your help. And I have to wonder about someone so desperate that hasn't responded to there own post and was looking for someone to buy her something" specific" there are many organizations handing out free toys. A legit single mother of 5 would have no problem getting stuff for her kids. If she can ask ppl in VA and on topics, then I'm pretty confident signing up at toys for tots or salvation army wouldn't be terribly humiliating for her. I knew a lady and her daughter once, they would cry poor and ppl would help them with there house payment, they would go from church to multiple food pantrys.( most of it went bad bc they rarely used it.often leaving it to rot in there car or discusting rat , roach and dog feci house.They even went to some big charity drive that was giving furniture and clothing away to storm victims.( which they weren't). No one ever checked there story out. They were just good at crying poor. They lived in a house that looked like something from hoarders, even with all the junk everywhere they managed to buy a hot tub and 24 foot pool. They ate out most of the time but yet pleaded for free food and even borrowed someone's kids to get free holiday help. Including toys( the woman was 52 her daughter was 23) never gave those toys to the kids they borrowed. Just hoarded them. They would go on weekend trips to theme parks and would drive all over the place buying new beani babies as they came out. They collected thousands of them! They had cell phones and decent cars, game systems etc. But yet they were fat and dirty and lived like pigs and still do in a house so stuffed with things they bought and free stuff that godly citizens have given them that it seriously could be on that TV show hoarders. They'll buy junk with the money they do have but won't pay a plumber to fix there toilets so they poop in a bucket and throw it in the bushes.( they have semi close neighbors) Usually the people that need the most help won't be the ones asking for it. So watch who your feeling sorry for ppl and don't be so fast to give. It doesn't make you a good person or better liked by god. It just makes you stupid BC if you really want to help. Then take your time and find some one that could desperately use it.
OMG

Kingsport, TN

#16 Dec 18, 2012
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the second part of my sentence then. You just post and post with no debate whatsoever.
Get a life. I just made a comment about the library needing to lock down computers. Yes, she could have posted from a friend's computer. She could have also replied to my email asking what she needed from that same computer, but absolutely no reply. Guess she really needs help huh? Now take up for her again. I'm not gonna beg her to let me buy something for her kids.
I have seen it

Kingsport, TN

#17 Dec 18, 2012
Crazy wrote:
<quoted text>They need to know the same information the Department of Human Services requires. It is their right as a Ministry to ask for that information because it is an EMERGENCY pantry that people use as their personal grocery store. There was ample time for the poster to fill out an application for Christmas for the Children and I can tell you right now, so far not one child within age limits has been turned away, hence the article in the Kingsport Times News about not all the children being adopted. Either the poster makes to much money to qualify, failed to timely put in the application and go through the interview process. But honestly, no one here has any idea who this person is and whether they infact have a need and did not already put in for Christmas for the Children or any other agency and wants a good amount under the tree that will save them money for other things. Oh and one more for the record.. Shepherd Center does not share any information about anyone and their circumstances, there is such thing as the HIPPA law.
Just like I said...Shepherds Center is a "business"..., and that is it. I have never read anywhere in the bible where Jesus ask "anyone" what there income was, and how many children where in the household, and are you seeking employment, before he met the need. When Jesus fed the multiiudes... did he ask any of these questions? No he did not! It's not your job as a Christian to worry about what they may, or may not be spending their money on. If you are a Christian, don't further humiliate the needy or, "anyone" that is "any" unfortunate situation, more than what they are already going through. I guess in today's soociety, most proffesive Christian organizations, that are "NON PROFIT" are mostly a cover for other things....but whatever is done on secret...will be brought into the light.
curious

United States

#18 Dec 18, 2012
There.are so many scams going on its hard to just trust a stranger.if she has 5 kids then where is the dad(s, or other relatives?i am a single mom and i save every extra penny i can through the year for christmas

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#19 Dec 18, 2012
i feel same way id help if i knew it was real. well I am not a joke I have no way or didnt know of any way to ask anyone. or where to go. sorry if that is how you guys feel I can show you my kids pics and me and I can introduce you to them if you help us we are real my children ages are daughter age 9 daughter will be 1 dec 23rd son age 8 son age 6 and son age 3 but thats ok if everybody thinks this is a joke. sorry to post here the real ppl are actually emailing me asking me i wouldnt care what they was get as long as they got something its the thought that counts and it is christmas time but god bless you all and hope you have a very merry christmas to you and your families.
omg

United States

#20 Dec 19, 2012
When r these women gonna start using birth control instead of having.kids they cant afford and you wait until 2am to post a comment...we know she isnt.using a library computer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandon trent 33 min ino 3
Cherokee Football 42 min Yo Mama 27
Jason Fisher 45 min ajspicer67 6
up coming holston electric election 1 hr lol 1
Reno St 4 hr ShAnk 8
who's narcing in rogersville? 4 hr unpacked 14
local "EMS" being threatened? Outsiders making ... 5 hr And that is the p... 28
Tearing down the old exon? 12 hr its a fact 29
•••
•••