unknown

Columbia, TN

#1 Jun 5, 2009
Why isn't swap shop up-dated? Nothing new added in a while now.
hello

Kingsport, TN

#2 Jun 5, 2009
http://www.wrgsradio.com/

Hm, well it has listings put up on June 1. Maybe nobody's sent anything in since then.
hello

Kingsport, TN

#3 Jun 5, 2009
Oh I know what it is. The Shakespeare festival is on and Debbie is busy with that right now, I think she said here that she is the one that updates the swap shop listings. This is probably the one week where things get delayed a bit.
Just Maybe

Maryville, TN

#4 Jun 6, 2009
hello wrote:
Oh I know what it is. The Shakespeare festival is on and Debbie is busy with that right now, I think she said here that she is the one that updates the swap shop listings. This is probably the one week where things get delayed a bit.
Then Debbie need's to hire her some help, either at "The Shakespeare festival" or The WRGS Swap Shop or give one up.
Well Swap Shop has been around for many years and it's the most listen and used program they have (I think), just think it would only be fair for the one's that have listen, use, sell and buy from Swap Shop, and now up to date use the site for more than you would think. Their item's, ect. all stay listed for two weeks.
SO many people have been lost not having the ( Updated Daily Listings )
on the WRGS Swap Shop Website.
Surely someone else could update this for this woman who for some reason can't for now.
Lot's of people make money for food on the table and some bills by using Swap Shop.
The Website helps sale out because everyone can't listen to the 1370 AM station every morning.
This is Really Hurting Swap Shop sale and ect.
Remember this is the "World's Famous Swap Shop"
Let's Keep it that way.
hello

Kingsport, TN

#5 Jun 6, 2009
I'm sure they would hire help if they had enough money coming in at the station to do so. But it's a community station so probably the income from the occasional ad just barely covers the electric bill. I doubt she draws a salary herself. Why don't you call her up and volunteer to help with things? Another possibility is they could start to charge $20 for swap shop listings. That would be a pretty reasonable cost as it's how much it costs to run a classified ad in most papers, but for the price of a classified you get radio coverage too well that is quite a good deal.
Jackie Desciple

Pigeon Forge, TN

#6 Jan 15, 2010
What's the difference in selling items out of your house to make a little money than selling hay from your barn. Why can one lady advertise green beans and corn, when rogersville produce has to pay. Because if I automaticly wouldn't buy from that little old lady anyway, I'm gonna want to know what the proffessional produce people has to offer. Professional Buisnesses have the ability to pay for advertising, plus it's a tax write off.
Nuckin futts

Kingsport, TN

#7 Jan 15, 2010
Just started another topic pertaining to this.
New rules are really poor judgement on their part.
All it gonna do is hurt their station and hopefully piss the sponsors off.
I know I wouldnt pay to sponsor it now. Not because the Dj's, its the management, think prolly Debbie
Nuckin futts

Kingsport, TN

#8 Jan 15, 2010
the poor people now thats struggling might need to sell some canned goods, extra hay do some odd jobs, all just to survive the winter.

They cant afford to pay to advertise. Much and lots different from a business
I need a car please HELP

Rogersville, TN

#10 Jan 24, 2014
,,,,,IN ROGERSVILLE area

please help
60 second rule

Dalton, GA

#11 Jan 24, 2014
I understand alot of people call in to Swap Shop, and some of them can be lengthy in describing their items, but Tom just carries the enforcement of their 'rules' too far.

Case in point..while listening to the program this morning a lady called in with several items. When she finished he made the comment "59 seconds right on the button, almost 60 seconds but she got it in in 59", and he continued to rant about the 60 second rule and people calling in and having lots of items, etc. on and on and on.

Ok, we get it, and proud she beat the clock, but why even mention it if she didn't violate their 'rule'. Just go on with the program and you'll have even more time for others to call while you are on a rant..

I was so aggravated I just turned the station.
Doh

Savannah, TN

#12 Jan 24, 2014
Agree. He wastes more time explaining that going over 60 seconds wastes time than it would take letting some go a little over. Very condescending as well.
turned off too

Bennettsville, SC

#13 Jan 24, 2014
I heard that, too. HAD to roll my eyes. I miss Fuzz!
luckiest

Maryville, TN

#14 Jan 24, 2014
I miss Steve Waller. Now he was funny. Crazy things always happened when he was on.
turned off too

Bennettsville, SC

#15 Jan 25, 2014
Thank you ! I was trying to remember his name.
steve

United States

#16 Apr 7, 2016
turned off too wrote:
Thank you ! I was trying to remember his name.
Who is the lady on in the mornings..that laugh.s all time..and her voice is very annoying
Dr Spek

United States

#17 Apr 7, 2016
steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the lady on in the mornings..that laugh.s all time..and her voice is very annoying
Charlotte
Clyde

United States

#18 Apr 7, 2016
steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughs all the time and has a very annoying voice? Are you sure you weren't listening to Hillary?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy Seal passed away 3 hr jls 6
Danielle stubblefield 3 hr katerina 1
arron buttry (Mar '12) 4 hr B stubble 18
Salaries of gov employees, school, clearks, judges 7 hr Good lord 6
jade henry (May '13) 12 hr Willing 11
Trump tax plan another con job 15 hr Trump is President 10
brandon crabtree (Oct '09) 15 hr life 13

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance