who would like a semi-pro football te...

who would like a semi-pro football team in Hawkins County

Created by BUDDY on Aug 1, 2012

9 votes

Click on an option to vote

YES

NO

Big Fan

Cookeville, TN

#1 Aug 1, 2012
We could really use a world class stadium. It would be a good investment too because of all the tourism it would bring in. Right now people in the area have to drive to Knoxville.
Peyton Manning

United States

#2 Aug 1, 2012
I'll lend my name to the stadium. But the county commission will have to sale bonds to finance the project. My people estimate the cost at one-hundred and thirty-seven million dollars of course it will be considerably higher cost if we add a roof and go with a dome. My accountants estimate with the 88 million the county already owes property taxes would only have to be raised by about 347%. Commissioner Metz thinks liquor by the drink should raise enough money to finance this stadium without a property tax increase however for this to work it will require that liquor be sold at all county school sporting events and fall festivals.
Townsman

United States

#3 Aug 1, 2012
Here at Rogersville City School we will do our part however instead of selling liquor at school events we will sell only the best champagne.
moseley

Martin, TN

#4 Aug 2, 2012
i plan on starting a semi pro team keep an eye out for any signs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calhoun 11 min Calhoun 23
News Suspect named in murder of 74-year-old Rogersvi... (Jan '11) 52 min glass houses 45
Tell the Truth Republicans 3 hr duhhhhh 4
Idiots at walmart 5 hr yippie 20
doc and alicia 6 hr aliciabDocm 9
Cherokee Lake Beach (May '13) 7 hr Lake Owner 27
Transgendered 8 hr Calhoun 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages