Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
I just can't go there for lunch as I don't have the time. Dinner is no problem and I always look forward to going.
Well to start with, lunch is dinner, and dinner is supper around here. I just got tired of getting confused so now I call it breakfast, breakfast and breakfast to confuse them back. but anyhow, an area that calls their meals something different than the rest of the country - what hint does that give you about them? yea, the food here is different, to be nice.
BB Yankee

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

Roma's is the best and the calzones are awesome, and so are the strombolis
Italian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

I Love Pizza. Nuzzo's is the only place in town where I can get a beer w/ my pizza, a cold beer w/ all fresh ingredients pizza is....yummm. I have had this @ Nuzzo's, where the people are fine. Nuzzo's is a very good place to dine. Thank You
the plan

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

Spiked wrote:
<quoted text>
Well to start with, lunch is dinner, and dinner is supper around here. I just got tired of getting confused so now I call it breakfast, breakfast and breakfast to confuse them back. but anyhow, an area that calls their meals something different than the rest of the country - what hint does that give you about them? yea, the food here is different, to be nice.
The plan was to confuse you. To drive you nuts, so you and the rest of the country would leave us the h3ll alone. You know, like, go back to the wonderful place you came from.
Italian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

Cold Italian Beer w/ my pizza which is made by an Italian, If you haven't been, you don't know what your missin'. Nuzzo's gets my vote. GGF.
T-Turner

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

the plan wrote:
<quoted text>
The plan was to confuse you. To drive you nuts, so you and the rest of the country would leave us the h3ll alone. You know, like, go back to the wonderful place you came from.
This is why Rog-Vegas is still in the early 1900's!
A Local

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

In Italy from Rome and going north, that is really how they make pizza. The most popular one is the Margarita. It's very thin, about 12" in diameter, and will have some olive oil and a small amount of tomato paste, and a basil leaf or two, then cooked in the pizza oven briefly. There's not even cheese on it by default. If you choose other toppings, say olive and garlic, there's again tomato paste, olive oil, and maybe 1 olive sliced into two halfs, and a couple of fragments of garlic.

When you go south of Rome you start to find pizzas more like what we are used to with cheese and lots of toppings and thicker crust.

The Rome and northern style is considered more metropolitan and fancy, the southern style is considered for peasants and mafia types.

I like the southern style myself!
A Local

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

Pizza Lover wrote:
If u want good pizza at an unbeatable price,just go 2 Pizza Plus.There is no good authentic Italian pizza place around here.
Obviously you work there, pizza plus is not bad, but it's the basic buffet style chain restaurant pizza you find all over the midwest like in Ohio and Oklahoma. Nobody that loves pizza is going to say that's a great pizza.

Of the chains, I personally think Papa John's is really excellent, they have fresh vegetable toppings, not the pre diced frozen toppings most chains use. But the closest PJ's is in Greeneville.

Locally, Roma's is pretty good. Nuzzos is actually good and fresh, but you have to like that particular style or you'll be in for a surprise. It is more "authentic" in the sense of being italian than the american style pizza places we are used to.
helga

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

Rush Street in Kingsport is the best in my book. Fontina Cheese, yum!
A Local

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

Oh, you are right, I forgot about them since I don't get to Kingsport often. Rush Street is actually one of the best pizzas I have had anywhere in the world, it's really fantastic.
Seriously

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

The best pizza in the Tri-Cities is actually in Hawkins County.

Pasta Palace in Allendale inthe McDonald's shopping plaza where Winn-Dixie used to be. It's New York style pizza, but they really stack on the ingredients if you get a delux. Rush Street is skimpy with ingredients, and I've had more than one pizza that had burnt crust from there.

Pasta Palace is also a great place for lasagna. Can't vouch for the rest of the menu. I either get pizza or lasagna.
Blessed

Rogersville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

I tried them once, and the food and service sucked. I gave em another chance, and they still sucked. No 3rd times a charm for me!!! Blah!
Out of towner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Judged:

Thanks for all the info...I have come to believe it's all about the style/taste of pizza one likes...by going to Nuzzos I learned it wasn't my taste..but there are many who like that style..So sorry for bashing it..we are all entitled to our own taste...I truly love coming here to Rogersville...it's always my choice place to come to for rest and relaxing. peace And for the many who think I work at another pizza joint in town...Far from it...I'm from the wild wild west... :)
thats a pizza

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Judged:

Out of towner wrote:
I'm in from out of state....was craving pizza for dinner...a few people had mentioned a new place in town called Nuzzos. Well I went with their suggestion and OMG that was thebiggest mistake...blah.
If this is authentic Italian Pizza..I'm not going to Italy anytime soon.. I'm American through and through not even enough topping to call a veggie pizza veggie...hardley if any sauce...And the price was OUTRAGEOUS!
Good old fashion frozen would have been way better....unless someone out there knows a better place? How's that Roma's place...that was another suggested place but man I'm hesitant.
Roma's is good,hope that Nuzzo's didn't scare you away.I like the Dominos in Rogersville,plenty of sauce, their not pricy,they have different specials during the week.depends on what ya like,and how ya lie it.ood luck
thats a pizza

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Judged:

Italian wrote:
I Love Pizza. Nuzzo's is the only place in town where I can get a beer w/ my pizza, a cold beer w/ all fresh ingredients pizza is....yummm. I have had this @ Nuzzo's, where the people are fine. Nuzzo's is a very good place to dine. Thank You
aw...you just go for that beer.ha,ha.
thats a pizza

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Seriously wrote:
The best pizza in the Tri-Cities is actually in Hawkins County.
Pasta Palace in Allendale inthe McDonald's shopping plaza where Winn-Dixie used to be. It's New York style pizza, but they really stack on the ingredients if you get a delux. Rush Street is skimpy with ingredients, and I've had more than one pizza that had burnt crust from there.
Pasta Palace is also a great place for lasagna. Can't vouch for the rest of the menu. I either get pizza or lasagna.
OH yea,you also have excelent taste "seriously" Rush Street is skimpy with ingredients but not on the bill.Pasta Palace is well worth the bucks.is there a pizza place witin the city limits of Rogersville that's good?
New Yorker here

Altoona, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Judged:

I from Brooklyn, and you aint got good pizza here. taste like cardboard with paste on it. eventhe biscuts and gravy taste like crap.
Picture this

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Judged:

New Yorker here wrote:
I from Brooklyn, and you aint got good pizza here. taste like cardboard with paste on it. eventhe biscuts and gravy taste like crap.
Now you leave our Biscuts and Gravy out of this :)
fine with me

Rogersville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Judged:

I've had Nuzzo's pizza, some of the best I have eaten. Nuzzo, think they are just trying to get a rise out of you. Ignore...
BB Yankee

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Judged:

New Yorker here wrote:
I have never heard a new yorker speak or spell like you.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Rogersville Forum right now

Search the Rogersville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
alesia weems (child abuse) 1 hr Its really pathetic 30
what do u do??? 1 hr fill r up 12
AlumniFootball 2 hr Peyton Manning 9
Dude in silver 3rd gen cummins that sits at wal... 3 hr No it aint 10
private probation 4 hr question of the year 47
roger stewart trial (Feb '13) 4 hr Roger 18
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr Zeke 8,959
Ross or Raines For Sessions Court Judge 5 hr Doctor Globule 101
Seth Ewing embezzlement 7 hr Hal 62