First Prev
of 3
Next Last
job

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jul 20, 2009
Anyone know if they are hireing? Is it a decent place to work?
nope

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jul 20, 2009
nope if you cant meet their expectations which is high they axe you. they are nit picky bad
2wrngsdonmakrite

Cleveland, TN

#4 Jul 21, 2009
i heard from a friend that works there that it is pure hell. u gotta walk on eggshells 2 keep ur job. Bullshit if u ask me no job is worth walkin around in fear!!!
roflmao

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jul 21, 2009
thats what everyone thinks when you mention the name, I have had some serious looks
whatever

Knoxville, TN

#6 Jul 21, 2009
my husband works there and he loves it...they make u work..you can't be lazy but that is a good thing...they r a great company...

“Stuck in the Middle”

Since: Jul 09

Rogersville, Tn

#7 Jul 21, 2009
whatever wrote:
my husband works there and he loves it...they make u work..you can't be lazy but that is a good thing...they r a great company...
This backs what I was thinking...The ones on here talking about Sam Dong being slave drivers are probably ones that don't want to work for a living..Many have came through where I work with this mentality...When they are made to do what they are being paid to do, they complain and feel like they are being treated unfairly...People that take pride in their work and want to do a good job usually have no issues with management such as Sam's...
BottomLine

Kingsport, TN

#8 Jul 21, 2009
How dare an employer place high expectations on an employee in exchange for money. Personally I frown upon high expectations. I kinda like paying for poor quality, pathetic service, and certainly love to unwillingly support lazy people with the money stolen from my check.
Source

Louisville, TN

#9 Jul 21, 2009
I heard that you couldn't be afraid of heights. Other than that I have heard you have to work long hours. Maybe some of you that work there could tell us if this is true.
2wrngsdonmakrite

Ringgold, GA

#10 Jul 22, 2009
i just kno 4 fact its extremely hard 2 keep ur job and men get hit on by other men. my bud that worx there said so himself. like i said just going by wat he said!!!!!!!!!! people tend 2 get very defensive on here
2wrngsdonmakrite

Ringgold, GA

#11 Jul 22, 2009
but jobs r scarce so take wat u can get!!! thats my motto now days
Easy

Sweetwater, TN

#12 Jul 22, 2009
Wasn't there some swort of incident there awhile back where the cops got called in because of deal where a man had touched another guy in a come on?
2wrngsdonmakrite

Ringgold, GA

#15 Jul 22, 2009
lol that sounds like a plan!!
The Real Deal

Cosby, TN

#16 Jul 22, 2009
Sam Dong is an OK place to work if you have any pride in what you do for a living. The work is not easy in certain areas and you need a strong background in reading gauges and be able to do machine change overs.
As for the other rumors of "men hitting on men" is just that...... rumors started by someone that don't work there, or has an attitude about being fired......... Sam Dong is Korean owned and has many Korean trainers there. In their culture, touching (not sexually) is a show of respect and friendship. The majority of them are really nice people and have great families here with them.
How do I know all of this? I work there and am thankful for the opportunity after being laid off by Cooper Standard after 5 years of hard work and dedication.
For all of you that don't know what is manufactured at Sam Dong - we process copper wire for electrical transformers and are building a very strong customer base that keeps us working 7 days a week, around the clock. Not bad for a new company.

job

Knoxville, TN

#17 Jul 22, 2009
The Real Deal wrote:
Sam Dong is an OK place to work if you have any pride in what you do for a living. The work is not easy in certain areas and you need a strong background in reading gauges and be able to do machine change overs.
As for the other rumors of "men hitting on men" is just that...... rumors started by someone that don't work there, or has an attitude about being fired......... Sam Dong is Korean owned and has many Korean trainers there. In their culture, touching (not sexually) is a show of respect and friendship. The majority of them are really nice people and have great families here with them.
How do I know all of this? I work there and am thankful for the opportunity after being laid off by Cooper Standard after 5 years of hard work and dedication.
For all of you that don't know what is manufactured at Sam Dong - we process copper wire for electrical transformers and are building a very strong customer base that keeps us working 7 days a week, around the clock. Not bad for a new company.
Are they hireing?
wellumm

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jul 22, 2009
where is this "plant" at? Ive never heard of it.
The Real Deal wrote:
Curious

Kingsport, TN

#19 Jul 22, 2009
BottomLine wrote:
How dare an employer place high expectations on an employee in exchange for money. Personally I frown upon high expectations. I kinda like paying for poor quality, pathetic service, and certainly love to unwillingly support lazy people with the money stolen from my check.
What kind of drug's you on? u crazy.
hey dude

Johnson City, TN

#20 Jul 22, 2009
The Real Deal wrote:
roflmao whats happenin DUDE! ha ha ha ha oh um sorry Jeff I mean.
yes

Knoxville, TN

#21 Jul 23, 2009
Sam Dong is hiring..you need to put in your application at staff pro in greeneville or the unemployment office here in Rogersville. Sam Dong is located where assured castings here in rogersville used to be...
sigh

Hastings, MI

#22 Jul 23, 2009
yes wrote:
Sam Dong is hiring..you need to put in your application at staff pro in greeneville or the unemployment office here in Rogersville. Sam Dong is located where assured castings here in rogersville used to be...
damn i sure do miss the people that i worked with at assured castings.i hope that every one from there is doing okay!
hmm

United States

#24 Aug 24, 2009
WOW

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawkins County Budget 16 min sad fact 19
40.00 wheel tax increase 1 hr Have at it 33
Wheel Tax - About Time 3 hr Bully 39
Thieves red fiesta white car red dodge 3 hr Boo 2
Ashley thacker 4 hr dhs 9
dog catcher 4 hr question 7
News Woman Trapped Under Dump Truck 7 hr Detail Man 10

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance