Zorro

Columbia, TN

#1 May 29, 2011
Dear Holston Electric I know you all stay covered up and you do a good job and this request may already be on your schedule of things to do but I just thought i'd ask . When you turn off colonial road onto broadway heading west towards the city school the first three lightpoles on the right on broadway have been a pain for motorist for years their to close to the roadway and many people have lost mirrors through the years by hitting them when meeting another vehicle at that location there just isn't enough room and no where to go but to smack the lightpoles especially when your in high profile vehicles such as pickup trucks I know ambulances and firetrucks have had problems hitting their mirrors through the years so what I am asking on behalf of everyone else is can the three lightpoles be moved a little further off the roadway and with all the improvements going on on broadway and possible future paving you may already have that in your plans and if so thank you very much and if it's not on your agenda could you please consider adding it . Thanks very much .
Observer

Knoxville, TN

#2 May 29, 2011
Zorro wrote:
Dear Holston Electric I know you all stay covered up and you do a good job and this request may already be on your schedule of things to do but I just thought i'd ask . When you turn off colonial road onto broadway heading west towards the city school the first three lightpoles on the right on broadway have been a pain for motorist for years their to close to the roadway and many people have lost mirrors through the years by hitting them when meeting another vehicle at that location there just isn't enough room and no where to go but to smack the lightpoles especially when your in high profile vehicles such as pickup trucks I know ambulances and firetrucks have had problems hitting their mirrors through the years so what I am asking on behalf of everyone else is can the three lightpoles be moved a little further off the roadway and with all the improvements going on on broadway and possible future paving you may already have that in your plans and if so thank you very much and if it's not on your agenda could you please consider adding it . Thanks very much .
Also please consider the pole at the corner of Washington and Rogers. And several poles on Mckinney between Depot and Colonial Road.
Monroe, NC

#3 May 29, 2011
They are willing to move them but the property owners won't allow it. The same property owner that jesus told to fire sherry terry. I guess jesus doesn't care about motorists like he does teachers?
Zorro

Maryville, TN

#4 May 29, 2011
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Also please consider the pole at the corner of Washington and Rogers. And several poles on Mckinney between Depot and Colonial Road.
Mckinney avenue has two sidewalks one on each side of the road what could be done in the future if the city would look into it is to take the north side sidewalk out and do away with it and widen mckinney avenue and leave the south side sidewalk in place that way you would still have one sidewalk on mckinney and no lightpoles would have to be moved because their all on the southside of mckinney avenue so you would have the lightpoles and sidewalk stay in place and you would have a wider mckinney avenue by doing away with the north side sidewalk you'd then have the best of both worlds .
1970 grad

AOL

#5 May 29, 2011
Go back to a horse and buggy, that's what the old strrets were made for.
Zorro

Maryville, TN

#6 May 29, 2011
karma wrote:
They are willing to move them but the property owners won't allow it. The same property owner that jesus told to fire sherry terry. I guess jesus doesn't care about motorists like he does teachers?
Maybe putting the wiring underground would be an option ? anything to get rid of those three lightpoles that cause so much havoc on broadway , the remaining poles are alright it's just those first three on the right on broadway going westbound .
Two Cents

Kingsport, TN

#7 May 29, 2011
Also, there is plenty of room available to move poles at the red light on Main and Parkway where traffic backs up once the turn arrow changes to green. Allow a third lane going East and allow people to continue onwards and around/past a left turn lane there.
martha

United States

#8 May 29, 2011
Zorro wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe putting the wiring underground would be an option ? anything to get rid of those three lightpoles that cause so much havoc on broadway , the remaining poles are alright it's just those first three on the right on broadway going westbound .
YES.
Thinking

Monterey, TN

#9 May 29, 2011
That McKinney is one of our nicest streets in town for walking and running. The two sidewalks look really nice and that's what makes it so appealing. Would hate to see that changed.
Phase 2

Sevierville, TN

#10 May 31, 2011
It would be good if Holston Electric could move those 3 lightpoles on the right on broadway coming off colonial road if anyone happens to get by there and see's what the pole numbers are can you please post them on here but i'm sure holston electric is aware of the poles they probably get complaints on them all the time ???
I THINK THEY

Knoxville, TN

#11 May 31, 2011
Could use the old railway right of way to move those poles...really broadway should have expanded at least ten feet north after the railroad pulled out. That still left part for the homeowners..may be too late for all of it but sure they can work it out. Under ground would be great..lot of cold reagon towns have it...remb lewisburg, pa main street look great yrs ago...sure it costs a lot.
Phase 2

Maryville, TN

#12 May 31, 2011
I THINK THEY wrote:
Could use the old railway right of way to move those poles...really broadway should have expanded at least ten feet north after the railroad pulled out. That still left part for the homeowners..may be too late for all of it but sure they can work it out. Under ground would be great..lot of cold reagon towns have it...remb lewisburg, pa main street look great yrs ago...sure it costs a lot.
Good Post . Thanks .
Sharkanizer

Sevierville, TN

#13 May 31, 2011
I wish those 3 poles could be moved also , maybe those beavers down on crokett creek will come up and have a good meal with those poles . lol . Seriously all joking aside they do need to be moved before someone gets hurt and all the lawsuits start to flying they are a danger .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawkins county Sargent shown drinking on Facebook? 6 min Told ya 2
Call for help! 1 hr hmmmm 1
Rebecca roberts 3 hr hmmmm 4
Trump tax plan another con job 4 hr Pastor Bubba 5
Narc 5 hr Making America GREAT 28
News Crime 44 mins ago 12:22 p.m.Rogersville pediatr... 7 hr Yep 71
becky roberts that did live in carters valy wit... (Jul '11) 7 hr Pissed off employee 14
Rogersville water Department (Apr '13) Tue Think 100

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages