Rogersville Police Department

Rogersville Police Department

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

an ordinary mother

United States

#1 Mar 30, 2007
I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on them. Do they have a good or bad reputation? Do they keep the streets clean of criminals? How do they conduct their business? I know there are good cops and bad cops everywhere. We just got a new Police Chief in my city-there was some wrong doing in their Force. I was just wondering if the same thing has happened there. Some of the police here has been caught for doing some illegal things. Just wondering what your thoughts were. I am actually trying to do a research paper in different cities and towns on the police force.
sweetpea

United States

#2 Apr 1, 2007
an ordinary mother wrote:
I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on them. Do they have a good or bad reputation? Do they keep the streets clean of criminals? How do they conduct their business? I know there are good cops and bad cops everywhere. We just got a new Police Chief in my city-there was some wrong doing in their Force. I was just wondering if the same thing has happened there. Some of the police here has been caught for doing some illegal things. Just wondering what your thoughts were. I am actually trying to do a research paper in different cities and towns on the police force.
I think Rogersville has a pretty good force. Now, it is the fire department that has me worried!
andrea

Alba, MO

#3 Apr 6, 2007
sweetpea wrote:
<quoted text> I think Rogersville has a pretty good force. Now, it is the fire department that has me worried!
why are you worried about the fire department? fill me in
sweetpea

United States

#4 Apr 7, 2007
andrea wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you worried about the fire department? fill me in
Well, I see the trucks running around town all hours of the day. There is no fire. They just have a big time at the taxpayers expense. Like a bunch of kids playing. There is something strange going on with the whole bunch. Does anyone realize how much gas they are burning? Does anyone realize how much money they take in? Green County alone is unreal. Something smells and it isn't smoke.
David

AOL

#5 Dec 6, 2008
sweetpea wrote:
<quoted text> Well, I see the trucks running around town all hours of the day. There is no fire. They just have a big time at the taxpayers expense. Like a bunch of kids playing. There is something strange going on with the whole bunch. Does anyone realize how much gas they are burning? Does anyone realize how much money they take in? Green County alone is unreal. Something smells and it isn't smoke.
I understand what you are saying about seeing the fire trucks going up and down the streets but there is a reason. Most people don't realize that fire departments run sixty to seventy percent medical calls with the ambulance service on priority calls. Examples, heart attacks, strokes, uncontrollable bleeding, etc. Not only do they run medical calls, they have to do building inspections to make sure commercial buildings follow the NFPA building codes, hydrant testing, and stay active in the community with fire prevention and education.

So before one goes and saying they are burning tax payers money, probably should research what your fire department is involved in. I know for a fact that LRFD is HUGE on public relations and helping in the community. Not many fire departments are as active as LR is and people should be greatful that their department is willing to help when ever and where ever it's needed. Strongly recommend anyone that is interested in their fire department should visit a local station and look around. For people in the Rogersville area, visit www.lrfire.org .
re rogersville pd

Humble, TX

#6 Dec 7, 2008
i used to be a cop in that area and know several of the rogersville officers. it is a great department and a real asset to the community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mom on drugs charged with rolling onto, suffoca... 6 hr Honesty 2
fordland ag teacher scribner Tue Simp 2
Larry Luna, a bad judge (Feb '15) Dec 5 Kristen 24
Judge Luna Lifetime Judge (May '15) Nov 29 Broken System 17
POS Company !! (Feb '15) Nov 28 Lonelyguy 11
Review: Best Friends Animal Hospital - Jack Ger... (Feb '09) Nov 27 Yoman 94
Look at that!!! Nov 27 Yoman 1

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance