Deadly Motorcycle Accident in Benton ...

Deadly Motorcycle Accident in Benton County

There are 33 comments on the 5News KFSM story from Aug 23, 2010, titled Deadly Motorcycle Accident in Benton County. In it, 5News KFSM reports that:

One man is dead after a motorcycle accident in Benton County. According to Arkansas State Police, the accident occurred Saturday morning on State Highway 127 in Benton County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 5News KFSM.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bill Kneebone

Ozark, AR

#1 Aug 23, 2010
I havelived in this area for over twenty years and I find that most people drive to fast for our very crooked roads. Jack was a friend of mine and he will be missed by all. I feel sorry for the mans family too. We just have to remember that a car is just like a weapon and should be treated as such.
Junky

Van Buren, AR

#2 Aug 23, 2010
I wish that law was in affect when I was a kid... Mom killed in a headon with a drunk driver who got 6 tickets...
8 years old, watched her die, suffocating because the steering wheel had crushed her chest.

Those that drink and drive... even if they don't have an accident, should be arrested for attempted murder.
robert g

Pleasant Hill, CA

#3 Aug 24, 2010
this drunk should get life.jack and his wife were good people.the killer knew he was drunk when he got in his vehicle and more than likely has been drunk many times before but our judical system lets them have many chances before there put in the pen on a felony..... the other drunks or bar owners that the killer was drinking with should also be responsable for letting him behind the wheel..your family is next....more dwi roadblocks sheriff!......
C Noe

United States

#4 Aug 24, 2010
I work with kyle on a daily basis. Kyle is no murderer. Unfortunately, someone died in this horrible accident. You may or may not know, but wittness from behind the truck and boat recall the cycle clearly in rogers lane and kyle was forced outside, where the trailer tire run off the road resulted in a blowout and too much overcorrection. Again, unfortunately, someone died in this Accident, And the fact that you call him a killer after being to pin him with having literally a couple of drinks...
Junky

Van Buren, AR

#5 Aug 24, 2010
Couple of drinks... why was he charged with DUI then?
How big were the drinks?
only god knows

Tahlequah, OK

#6 Aug 25, 2010
C Noe wrote:
I work with kyle on a daily basis. Kyle is no murderer. Unfortunately, someone died in this horrible accident. You may or may not know, but wittness from behind the truck and boat recall the cycle clearly in rogers lane and kyle was forced outside, where the trailer tire run off the road resulted in a blowout and too much overcorrection. Again, unfortunately, someone died in this Accident, And the fact that you call him a killer after being to pin him with having literally a couple of drinks...
Only god knows but putting all aside he was already drinking and the accident happend in the a.m. what on earth was he doing drinking that early and driving. Anybody that starts that early must have a habit of only just a couple of drinks
Sean Franklin

United States

#7 Aug 30, 2010
People need to realize that "a couple of drinks" equals impairment. Even if you are not "legally drunk" (BAC of 0.8 or higher), you will have reduced reaction times and degraded judgement. Certainly Kyle Rogers' judgement was degraded enough to have been drinking, then not only get behind the wheel - but put two small children in the vehicle and a boat behind it.
Kyle Rogers is not a murderer, murder implies intent and I'm sure he intended nothing more than to go home after a day on the lake. However his actions resulted in the death of one person and the injury of another. His family may be without a husband and father for quite a while, but not as long as Jack Hefner's family.
If Kyle is fortunate enough to return to his life, I hope he shares with anyone who will listen that "a couple of drinks" is TOO MANY for driving, PARTICULARLY on our twisty Ozark roads and when towing. The fact is, if he'd not had alcohol in his system, the accident >might< have occurred exactly the same way, but Doug would not have been arrested for DUI and he would be facing a lot less heartache.
And, of course, if he'd not been drinking the accident >might< not have happened at all.
Hogfan

Bentonville, AR

#8 Sep 25, 2010
only god knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Only god knows but putting all aside he was already drinking and the accident happend in the a.m. what on earth was he doing drinking that early and driving. Anybody that starts that early must have a habit of only just a couple of drinks
The wreck was in the late afternoon. Get your facts.
Brenda

Bentonville, AR

#9 Sep 25, 2010
robert g wrote:
this drunk should get life.jack and his wife were good people.the killer knew he was drunk when he got in his vehicle and more than likely has been drunk many times before but our judical system lets them have many chances before there put in the pen on a felony..... the other drunks or bar owners that the killer was drinking with should also be responsable for letting him behind the wheel..your family is next....more dwi roadblocks sheriff!......
This accident was clearly nothing BUT a very tragic accident. Maybe you don't have your information correct. Read the Holy Bible please.
Heath

Bentonville, AR

#10 Sep 25, 2010
C Noe wrote:
I work with kyle on a daily basis. Kyle is no murderer. Unfortunately, someone died in this horrible accident. You may or may not know, but wittness from behind the truck and boat recall the cycle clearly in rogers lane and kyle was forced outside, where the trailer tire run off the road resulted in a blowout and too much overcorrection. Again, unfortunately, someone died in this Accident, And the fact that you call him a killer after being to pin him with having literally a couple of drinks...
I totally agree. Whoever says they have had a drink and has not driven is in denial. amen to you.
stink bait

Springdale, AR

#11 Oct 11, 2010
i'm gonna have me a "couple of drinks" tonight. prolly get shit faced after that couple turns into 20. aint going no where though. stayin at da house and playin strip poker with myself
Freedom

Van Buren, AR

#12 Oct 11, 2010
I think D.U.I. laws should be a lot stiffer than what they are. Maybe it would cut back on the number of people who choose to get behind the wheel after drinking. The sad part is, if this is his first offense, he'll probably get a slap on the wrist. Remember that Muldrow girl, Alyssa Mcpeak, who killed a woman while driving drunk? All she got was 5 yrs. probation, and she's still drinking...
Joy

Van Buren, AR

#13 Oct 17, 2010
Freedom wrote:
I think D.U.I. laws should be a lot stiffer than what they are. Maybe it would cut back on the number of people who choose to get behind the wheel after drinking. The sad part is, if this is his first offense, he'll probably get a slap on the wrist. Remember that Muldrow girl, Alyssa Mcpeak, who killed a woman while driving drunk? All she got was 5 yrs. probation, and she's still drinking...
How do you know Alyssa is still drinking?
The Truth

Fayetteville, AR

#14 Oct 17, 2010
They should make DUI a felony on the first offense. Not only that, but they should make refusal to submit to a chemical test have the identical penalty of a DUI, and make refusals count toward the total DUIs in terms of sentencing.

For example, if a criminal has one conviction for DUI and two convictions for refusal to submit to chemical test, his next DUI would be #4 for him regardless.
stink bait

Springdale, AR

#15 Oct 18, 2010
you people suck, its rediculous to listen to your bs. its alwyas it should be this way it should be that way, laws should read this way. well, go out and petition to change them. all you do is blow hot air and spew your dumb ass remarks and never do a thing to change things to happen the way "you" think they should be. kiss off sucka's
The Wise Old Man

Fayetteville, AR

#16 Oct 18, 2010
stink bait wrote:
you people suck, its rediculous to listen to your bs. its alwyas it should be this way it should be that way, laws should read this way. well, go out and petition to change them. all you do is blow hot air and spew your dumb **** remarks and never do a thing to change things to happen the way "you" think they should be. kiss off sucka's
It sounds like you're one of the maggots who likes to drink and drive. Loser.
been there

Fayetteville, AR

#17 Oct 25, 2010
The fact is that someone is dead after this horrible crash and someone was drinking and driving a deadly weapon. Vehicles are weapons and we should remember that each time we get behind the wheel, we are sharing the road with others who may not take the responsibility seriously. I feel sorry for both families, but not the drunk driver--he had a choice and the others didn't. I'm sure the drunk is sorry it happened, but it's too late now.
Adolf Caldera

Rogers, AR

#18 Dec 17, 2010
I have worked with and worked for Kyle. Kyle is no killer, accidents happen dont know the all the facts.
It is a tragedy that some one lost a life but kyle is no killer
My prayers for all families involved
Sherlock

Springdale, AR

#19 Jun 14, 2011
Hogfan wrote:
<quoted text>
The wreck was in the late afternoon. Get your facts.
Yeah and breathalyzer was failed hours after!!!
Remembering

Rogers, AR

#20 Oct 6, 2011
Why does Kyle continue to walk free while Jack Hefner never walked again on this earth. He might not be identified as a killer however Hefner's family suffers thru a year anniversary of his death while Kyle goes home to his family every night his big fine home. So sad this is over a year and nothing done for this families suffering. NO JUSTICE HERE!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is it that the Duggers don't have any black... (Sep '09) Apr 24 Bull Cuckman 102
News Clothing brand Rue21 closing Rogers, Springdale... Apr 24 Bull Cuckman 1
Angie and Craig Stevens Apr 20 You cant hide 1
News AR restaurant focused on fighting hunger expands Apr 18 @Real Kelly 1
Bambudda Buffet 2701 W Walnut (May '16) Apr 16 guest 8
Rogers Music Selection (Aug '12) Apr 12 Musikologist 18
News Immigration Officers Raid Six Arkansas Restaurants (Dec '07) Feb '17 Mr Escobar 12

Rogers Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogers Mortgages