Fairview Park Woman Seriously Hurt in...

Fairview Park Woman Seriously Hurt in Pitbull Attack

There are 79 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Sep 23, 2010, titled Fairview Park Woman Seriously Hurt in Pitbull Attack. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

A woman was seriously injured after a pitbull attacked her while she was taking an afternoon stroll through her neighborhood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ExWestsider

Elyria, OH

#1 Sep 23, 2010
Westpark and Lakewood have gone to hell, now Fairview and Rocky River. Next up Westlake and Bay Village. The woman needs to sue for $100,000.00. It's the only way to deal with these people!
proud pitbull owner

Willoughby, OH

#2 Sep 23, 2010
for one if this dog was so vischious how come it didnt bite the neighbors that helped her fight off the dog??? IF SHE WAS THAT HURT SHE WOULD HAVE SHOWED THE PIC OF IT OVISLEY THEY ARE MAKING MORE OUT OF WHAT IT REALLY IS! this lady that was so called attacked MUST have been walking a dog with her because pitbulls love people and children sometimes they are animal aggressive but they just dont go up to people and attack them for no reason im a dog trainer myself and also a pit rescuer i have 4 rescued pitbulls of my own they are the best loyal most friendly loving dogs i have ever owner i have never came accross a mean one yet in my 15 years of being a dog trainer i have trained many THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THE PITBULL TERRIER BREED IS THAT THEY ARE VERY LOVING FAMILY DOGS THAT OFTEN GET MISTAKEN AND MISLED BY DAMGING MYTHS PERPETUATED BY FALSE INCOMPLETE AND DECPTIVE MEDIA REPORTING AND UNEDUCATED PUBLIC ALL PITBULLS WANT IS TO BE LOVED NOT FAUGT! THIS POOR DOG LOOKS VERY SAD AND SCARED IN THE PICTURE.IT DOES NOT LOOK MEAN AT ALL.

Judged:

11

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
proud PITBULL owner

Willoughby, OH

#3 Sep 23, 2010
if the lady was this hurt she would be showing the pics of her arm??? PITBULLS DONT ATTACK PEOPLE THEY ARE MORE DOG AND ANIMAL AGGRESSIVWE THEY LOVE PEOPLE AND CHILDREN and if this dog was so viscious why didt it attack the nieghbors that were fighting off the dog from her??? exactly because pitbulls dont go around attacking humans for no reason!! the owner is a human it dont attack it i am a proud owner of 4 rescued pitbulls and i am a full time dog trainer and have been for 15 years and i have never met or seen a mean pitbull even ones that were raised wrong they are still very loving and gentle they just want to be loved this poor dog in the picture looks very scared and sad THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT PITBULL TERRIERS IS THAT THEY ARE VERY LOVING FAMILY DOGS THAT OFTEN GET MISTAKEN BY DAMAGING MYTHS PERPETUATED BY FALSE INCOMPLETE AND DECPTIVE MEDIA REPORTING AND REPORTS AND UNEDUCATED PEOPLE LIKE MOST OF THE PUBLIC ALL PITBULLS WANT IS LOVE AND ATTENTION ITS REALLY A TRUE SHAME THAT THE PUBLIC IS RACIST AGINST PITBULLS WE NEVER TOLD CHINESE, ARABS OR AFRICAN AMERICANS NO TO COME TO OUR COUNTRY SO WHY SHOULD PITBULLS BE LOOKED DOWN UPON VERSES A CHIHUAHUA AND IN MY 15 YEARS OF BEING A DOG TRAINER CHIHUAHUAS ARE ONE OF THE MEANEST MOST BITERS I HAVE ONLY MET 1 NICE CHIHUAHUA OUT OF 80 THAT I HAVE BEEN AROUND!! I HOPE THIS FAMILY GETS THEIR FAMILY MEMBER BACK!
Cleveland-West_S ide

Mansfield, OH

#4 Sep 23, 2010
Hopefully the owner of this dog is sued out of the wazzoo and spends 10 years in prison.
There are at least 10 houses on my street with Pitt Bulls, you can't go outside without a weapon because the kids walking them weigh less than the dogs and they're never muzzled, ever.
Treat pitt bulls like a CCW, you gotta pass a background check and training before getting one.
educated pitbull owner

Willoughby, OH

#5 Sep 23, 2010
Cleveland-West_Side wrote:
Hopefully the owner of this dog is sued out of the wazzoo and spends 10 years in prison.
There are at least 10 houses on my street with Pitt Bulls, you can't go outside without a weapon because the kids walking them weigh less than the dogs and they're never muzzled, ever.
Treat pitt bulls like a CCW, you gotta pass a background check and training before getting one.
you are a uneducated person chihuahuas will bite your lef or hand off before a pit will i hate people that listewn to the stupid media get your brain!!! this is why pits are given a bad name because of idiots like yourself!!!
PPP

Cleveland, OH

#6 Sep 23, 2010
My wonderful Mother in law ..owned a dachshund for several years and he was the meaniest damm dog..I have even seen..great watch dog he was..maybe he just didn't like me because I sat on him once..he was ok but he really watched out for his owner..I miss them both but they are together again and happy...I would think that any anmial can turn vicious just as people can
here we go again

Cleveland, OH

#7 Sep 23, 2010
proud PITBULL owner wrote:
if the lady was this hurt she would be showing the pics of her arm??? PITBULLS DONT ATTACK PEOPLE THEY ARE MORE DOG AND ANIMAL AGGRESSIVWE THEY LOVE PEOPLE AND CHILDREN and if this dog was so viscious why didt it attack the nieghbors that were fighting off the dog from her??? exactly because pitbulls dont go around attacking humans for no reason!! the owner is a human it dont attack it i am a proud owner of 4 rescued pitbulls and i am a full time dog trainer and have been for 15 years and i have never met or seen a mean pitbull even ones that were raised wrong they are still very loving and gentle they just want to be loved this poor dog in the picture looks very scared and sad THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT PITBULL TERRIERS IS THAT THEY ARE VERY LOVING FAMILY DOGS THAT OFTEN GET MISTAKEN BY DAMAGING MYTHS PERPETUATED BY FALSE INCOMPLETE AND DECPTIVE MEDIA REPORTING AND REPORTS AND UNEDUCATED PEOPLE LIKE MOST OF THE PUBLIC ALL PITBULLS WANT IS LOVE AND ATTENTION ITS REALLY A TRUE SHAME THAT THE PUBLIC IS RACIST AGINST PITBULLS WE NEVER TOLD CHINESE, ARABS OR AFRICAN AMERICANS NO TO COME TO OUR COUNTRY SO WHY SHOULD PITBULLS BE LOOKED DOWN UPON VERSES A CHIHUAHUA AND IN MY 15 YEARS OF BEING A DOG TRAINER CHIHUAHUAS ARE ONE OF THE MEANEST MOST BITERS I HAVE ONLY MET 1 NICE CHIHUAHUA OUT OF 80 THAT I HAVE BEEN AROUND!! I HOPE THIS FAMILY GETS THEIR FAMILY MEMBER BACK!
geezus! why are you screaming and rambling when you have totally lost your mind? go calm down somewhere..."racist against pitbulls" what the hell? so call the aclu...or plead your moronic details to those and the families of those who have been seriously mauled or even lost their lives to these creatures. To choose a beast over a human life is appauling.
Cleveland-West_S ide

Mansfield, OH

#8 Sep 23, 2010
educated pitbull owner wrote:
<quoted text>you are a uneducated person chihuahuas will bite your lef or hand off before a pit will i hate people that listewn to the stupid media get your brain!!! this is why pits are given a bad name because of idiots like yourself!!!
You live on Fantasy Island, the kids aren't walking chihuahuas down the street all day long you inbred idiot.
Seriously, you live in a neighborhood where a chihuahuas are status symbols?
Freakin moron.
here we go again

Cleveland, OH

#9 Sep 23, 2010
proud pitbull owner wrote:
for one if this dog was so vischious how come it didnt bite the neighbors that helped her fight off the dog??? IF SHE WAS THAT HURT SHE WOULD HAVE SHOWED THE PIC OF IT OVISLEY THEY ARE MAKING MORE OUT OF WHAT IT REALLY IS! this lady that was so called attacked MUST have been walking a dog with her because pitbulls love people and children sometimes they are animal aggressive but they just dont go up to people and attack them for no reason im a dog trainer myself and also a pit rescuer i have 4 rescued pitbulls of my own they are the best loyal most friendly loving dogs i have ever owner i have never came accross a mean one yet in my 15 years of being a dog trainer i have trained many THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THE PITBULL TERRIER BREED IS THAT THEY ARE VERY LOVING FAMILY DOGS THAT OFTEN GET MISTAKEN AND MISLED BY DAMGING MYTHS PERPETUATED BY FALSE INCOMPLETE AND DECPTIVE MEDIA REPORTING AND UNEDUCATED PUBLIC ALL PITBULLS WANT IS TO BE LOVED NOT FAUGT! THIS POOR DOG LOOKS VERY SAD AND SCARED IN THE PICTURE.IT DOES NOT LOOK MEAN AT ALL.
Do you even realize how nuts you sound? you say: "this lady that was so called attacked MUST have been walking a dog with her because pitbulls love people and children sometimes they are animal aggressive" how dare you call her a liar...you want us to believe it was HER fault she was ATTACKED because she was must have been walking a dog?? What, she's not allowed to walk a dog, if indeed she was? Lady your town has a village idiot I see. Blame her for her being attacked so viciously..you really shouldn't be on the computer..
Pitbull advocate

Harrisburg, PA

#10 Sep 23, 2010
It's a terrible thing that this woman was attacked and THIS particular dog may be one that needs to be quarantined. But thanks to the media these Pitbulls are criminalized once again. It's always the same predjudice only with different breeds of dogs. It used to be the German Shepard, then Rottweilers or Doberman Pinchers. I'm a RESPONSIBLE pitbull owner, and the fact of the matter is that ANY dog can be a threat. If you breed or raise ANY dog to be aggressive then it has the potential to attack. Pitbulls in general as a breed are very loving, gentle dogs, even after they have been cruely abused and saved by rescue groups.
I too have been bitten by a little yappy dog and threatened by a COCKER SPANIEL which is supposed to be a good FAMILY dog. THE PROBLEM IS THE IGNORANCE ON THE PART OF THESE PEOPLE WHO OWN THESE DOGS JUST TO OWN THEM, BREED AND MAKE MONEY OFF OF THEM. JUST AS IGNORANT ARE THE PEOPLE WHO JUDGE ALL OF THESE DOGS AS BAD, YET DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE THEY AREN'T EDUCATED ENOUGH TO KNOW OR THEY HAVE NEVER OWNED A PITBULL. YOU CAN'T JUDGE WITH A STEREOTYPE OUT OF IGNORANCE. THAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH THIS WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!

“Not Perfect, Just Forgiven”

Since: May 10

Bloom Where You're Planted!

#11 Sep 23, 2010
proud pitbull owner wrote:
for one if this dog was so vischious how come it didnt bite the neighbors that helped her fight off the dog??? IF SHE WAS THAT HURT SHE WOULD HAVE SHOWED THE PIC OF IT OVISLEY THEY ARE MAKING MORE OUT OF WHAT IT REALLY IS! this lady that was so called attacked MUST have been walking a dog with her because pitbulls love people and children sometimes they are animal aggressive but they just dont go up to people and attack them for no reason im a dog trainer myself and also a pit rescuer i have 4 rescued pitbulls of my own they are the best loyal most friendly loving dogs i have ever owner i have never came accross a mean one yet in my 15 years of being a dog trainer i have trained many THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THE PITBULL TERRIER BREED IS THAT THEY ARE VERY LOVING FAMILY DOGS THAT OFTEN GET MISTAKEN AND MISLED BY DAMGING MYTHS PERPETUATED BY FALSE INCOMPLETE AND DECPTIVE MEDIA REPORTING AND UNEDUCATED PUBLIC ALL PITBULLS WANT IS TO BE LOVED NOT FAUGT! THIS POOR DOG LOOKS VERY SAD AND SCARED IN THE PICTURE.IT DOES NOT LOOK MEAN AT ALL.
Pit bulls ARE vicious. And they DO attack, unprovoked. And they HAVE attacked people of all ages -- infants to old people -- mauling and killing them. I don't need the media -- I've done the research on my own, after our dog was attacked by a loose pit. Go to www.dogbitelaw.com and see for yourself. I don't care how well-taken care of they are, in a loving home environment -- there is something inherently wrong in their makeup that makes them attack unprovoked. This breed needs to go, and I'm going to fight to ban them from my city, and then my county. I'll take it all the way to the state, if I can.
What I'd like to know is, with your obvious lack of education, what kind of job do you have where you can afford $400,000 of insurance for your 4 pits??
MNM

Omaha, NE

#12 Sep 23, 2010
this argument is lame
Pitbull advocate

Harrisburg, PA

#13 Sep 23, 2010
ANY breed of dog can be vicious and attack. You just don't hear about the Shih tzus, Cocker Spaniels and beagles because it doesn't make good news. You are ignorant if you think that no other breed of dog can be equally as dangerous if it is left to run free and unattended. Do you have the same prejudice about some races of people who are predominately the ones in our prison systems? Should all people of those races be judged the same way as the the criminals in prison because they are the same race? You're doing the same thing generalizing with dogs! Call the rescue groups in your area if you want to do "research" and ask them how many Pitbulls are victimized by stupid, clueless humans who don't value life. If certain dogs are going to be required to be insured, then make it the same for ANY AND ALL dogs. And send these IRRESPONSIBLE owners who let these dogs run loose go to JAIL!
Who is really at fault

Columbus, OH

#14 Sep 23, 2010
Our loving 4 legged friends are only what the owner (human) brings them up to be. 1/2 of Michael Vicks dogs are now in nursing homes as therapy dogs. I wish us humans would understand that it is our responsibility to raise these animals in a good nature and not make them "the bad guy". Think about it. If you were tortured all the time how would you react?
Pitbull advocate

Harrisburg, PA

#15 Sep 23, 2010
Finally, someone who gets it.
PROUD pitbull owner

Willoughby, OH

#16 Sep 23, 2010
7th Heaven wrote:
<quoted text>Pit bulls ARE vicious. And they DO attack, unprovoked. And they HAVE attacked people of all ages -- infants to old people -- mauling and killing them. I don't need the media -- I've done the research on my own, after our dog was attacked by a loose pit. Go to www.dogbitelaw.com and see for yourself. I don't care how well-taken care of they are, in a loving home environment -- there is something inherently wrong in their makeup that makes them attack unprovoked. This breed needs to go, and I'm going to fight to ban them from my city, and then my county. I'll take it all the way to the state, if I can.
What I'd like to know is, with your obvious lack of education, what kind of job do you have where you can afford $400,000 of insurance for your 4 pits??
they are not vischous any dog can be mean!!!! get some education you are a complete retard with no sense dingbat! the liability is 100,000 per dog thats not what you pay genius!!! i have a very good job thanks for your nosy concern and i own my own home which it is included (insurance) do reSEARCH THEN TALK I CAN TELL YOU NEVER OWNED SUCH A LOVING ANIMAL!!!
PROUD pitbull owner

Willoughby, OH

#17 Sep 23, 2010
Pitbull advocate wrote:
It's a terrible thing that this woman was attacked and THIS particular dog may be one that needs to be quarantined. But thanks to the media these Pitbulls are criminalized once again. It's always the same predjudice only with different breeds of dogs. It used to be the German Shepard, then Rottweilers or Doberman Pinchers. I'm a RESPONSIBLE pitbull owner, and the fact of the matter is that ANY dog can be a threat. If you breed or raise ANY dog to be aggressive then it has the potential to attack. Pitbulls in general as a breed are very loving, gentle dogs, even after they have been cruely abused and saved by rescue groups.
I too have been bitten by a little yappy dog and threatened by a COCKER SPANIEL which is supposed to be a good FAMILY dog. THE PROBLEM IS THE IGNORANCE ON THE PART OF THESE PEOPLE WHO OWN THESE DOGS JUST TO OWN THEM, BREED AND MAKE MONEY OFF OF THEM. JUST AS IGNORANT ARE THE PEOPLE WHO JUDGE ALL OF THESE DOGS AS BAD, YET DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE THEY AREN'T EDUCATED ENOUGH TO KNOW OR THEY HAVE NEVER OWNED A PITBULL. YOU CAN'T JUDGE WITH A STEREOTYPE OUT OF IGNORANCE. THAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH THIS WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!
wonderful well said and done reply i feel the same way!! these people on here all listen to each other and the media they are the ones that are making these dogs out to be something they are not im deathly scared of chihuahuas and other littel dogs they have bit me so many times!! but im still not going to sterotype because thats what they did to these poor pits! i dont believe this ladys scar was that bad or she would have showed a pic of it. i dont believe either that the dog just ran up to her and attacked her pits dont attack humans they are usally other dog aggressive.
Paul

Nanaimo, Canada

#18 Sep 24, 2010
They really are not called "pitbulls"; rather, "pit bulls."

Anyway, if you are attacked, may the injured party be the aggressive dog rather than yourself, your child, or your pet. Learn how to kill them here: http://looseassociations.wordpress.com/2010/0...

No matter whether this ugly Staffordshire terrier was fenced. These genetic mutants eat through fences, walls, and cars. "If I had a pound" for every time I hear that the attacking pit bull "escaped from his fence"!

Pray the injured woman, if possible, becomes a spokesperson for this (if uncommon) simple problem to fix, saving lives, once people ditch the politically correct agenda of the rescue and adoption agents.

Paul
Paul

Nanaimo, Canada

#19 Sep 24, 2010
All we EVER hear about from pit-nutters is how aggressive "Shih tzus, Cocker Spaniels, beagles" and Golden Retrievers are, and how motherly the frankenmaulers are. I know the media can be sensational, but pit-apologists demonstrate the epitome of propaganda, lies, and scientifically-noted ignorance and tendencies toward criminality.

Cocker Spaniels aren't ripping children's faces off.

There are other strong breeds, like rottweilers, but they don't give you loving signals and then potentially deceptively and unpredictably turn into hell-demons.
Pit lover

Warren, OH

#20 Sep 24, 2010
Why is it that the WHOLE story is never told on the news? This story could have several turns to it. What i dont understand, why would the dog just break of its chain to go attack this women for no reason, it wouldnt? Did she have a dog with her, was she holding something, was she taunting the dog, etc.

Also was this dog chained all the time or not properly trained and treated?

I hate how people always put the blame on the "PIT". EDUCATE YOURSELF PEOPLE, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, NOT THE BREED.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Friend needed! Aug 11 WestVee 1
News Maple Heights drug dealer sold fatal heroin dos... (Jan '17) Aug 10 WestVee 7
Shooting range? Aug 1 mobile99 1
News Rattlesnake Island Revealed (Sep '08) Jul '17 Cock Hero 22
the music thread (Mar '12) Jul '17 Musikologist 22
News Islam's not so subtle onslaught into America Jun '17 No honor only shame 2
River Edge Jun '17 Middie 1

Rocky River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rocky River Mortgages