racial profiling in Rocky River

racial profiling in Rocky River

Posted in the Rocky River Forum

martingrl74

Cleveland, OH

#1 Mar 7, 2006
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the fact that Rocky River Police will literally do U-turns in the middle of the road when they see a black either driving a vehicle or a black in a vehicle? I've noticed this THREE times with THREE different officers involving THREE separate vehicles in the past month. This a day and age where we should be experiencing freedom at its finest and just because someone is black that makes them some sort of "suspect". Highly disappointed at our men in blue.
Ohio Bound Tampa FL

Sarasota, FL

#2 Sep 24, 2006
There are any one of a hundred reasons for this. Most common could be they have a BOLO (be on the lookout for) for such a person or car. Being a former police officer I can say with certainty that if they were going to profile, a black person wouldn't be at the top of the list. they have a hard enough job to do and until one does it, you'll never understand. if they take their job seriously in RR then god bless them it is obviously working. Rocky river is one of the best places tio live in all of Ohio. In fact, it is good enough to make my family and I leave the sun and fun of Florida.
Wake up you tool

Cleveland, OH

#3 Jun 8, 2007
I must have missed the part of your scientific experiment where in all three of those instances the Officer was turning around on a minority. But that's not important right? Of course not. Because in your tiny , constantly victimized, liberal mind those Officers are racist. You have no idea how silly you sound when you complain about things like this. It's become nothing but background noise when people like you, Sharpton, or Jesse Jackson tell minorities how they're supposed to feel. All you observed is 3 different Policemen doing what they should be doing, earning their money, not a corrupt practice. It's a little amazing that minorites never complain that when they're stopped by a Black or Hispanic cop. Oh, wait... my fault... I forgot the first rule of racism. Only WHITES CAN BE RACIST!!!
Wrong

Middlesboro, KY

#4 Feb 20, 2008
martingrl74 wrote:
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the fact that Rocky River Police will literally do U-turns in the middle of the road when they see a black either driving a vehicle or a black in a vehicle? I've noticed this THREE times with THREE different officers involving THREE separate vehicles in the past month. This a day and age where we should be experiencing freedom at its finest and just because someone is black that makes them some sort of "suspect". Highly disappointed at our men in blue.
Do you know why I don't believe this? Because although Rocky River is very white, it's population through the day is VERY multi-racial. I'd say at any given time, the city is atleast 10-20% multiracial. I have been there and lived there, not one day went buy without me seeing multiple elasticities. I've driven in cars with multiple black people and never been pulled over. My good friend is black lives in Rocky River for his whole life and doesn't have ONE ticket. Most people they pull over are for expired licenses, etc.
ms sullivan

Cleveland, OH

#5 Sep 20, 2011
lol ok it is 2011 and yes there is racism in rocky river ohio i lived there for many years have sued lanlords by recording there racial slurs and also had a cop tell my sister that he doesnt understand why n>blacks yes the n word lol move out here.Since obama has became president i hear all type of hateful racial slurs when i shop in rocky river ohio. GOD IS GREAT AND GOD IS GO0D WE WILL ALL BE JUDGED SO YOUR CHOICES AND ACTIONS REFLECT YOU
Chris

Costa Mesa, CA

#6 Apr 7, 2017
I'm not saying it's ok, but yeah it is going to happen a lot to them in Rocky River. It's a rich white suburb. Try being white and living on E 75th, what do you think is going to happen to you there? If you are black and choose to live in Rocky River you're going to have to conform to the middle/upper middle class culture. If you don't you're going to face profiling, and people not wanting you there. Same with Bay Village etc. I feel bad for blacks who get a bad reputation due to the example of blacks who break the law and cause problems. I know landlords who won't rent to blacks in Rocky River due to experiences they have had. They don't want to be responsible for bringing in the wrong kind of person here. The schools don't want them either; I think most people in River are fair minded and don't mind people who fit in and follow the law.
Chris

Costa Mesa, CA

#7 Apr 7, 2017
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you know why I don't believe this? Because although Rocky River is very white, it's population through the day is VERY multi-racial. I'd say at any given time, the city is atleast 10-20% multiracial. I have been there and lived there, not one day went buy without me seeing multiple elasticities. I've driven in cars with multiple black people and never been pulled over. My good friend is black lives in Rocky River for his whole life and doesn't have ONE ticket. Most people they pull over are for expired licenses, etc.
I think that is a huge problem. During the day people who are ghetto are coming in to do shopping in Rocky River/Westlake. They have loud ghetto music in their cars, and they look like they don't belong here. Of course the cops are going to target them, not the normal black person who is simply minding his or her own business. People don't want whatever that bus depot in Fairview is bringing in, it's a problem. They don't want the city to end up like Lakewood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Patient First - John Kavlich MD (May '09) Sep 12 anon2 69
Friend needed! Aug '17 WestVee 1
News Maple Heights drug dealer sold fatal heroin dos... (Jan '17) Aug '17 WestVee 7
Shooting range? Aug '17 mobile99 1
News Rattlesnake Island Revealed (Sep '08) Jul '17 Cock Hero 22
the music thread (Mar '12) Jul '17 Musikologist 22
News Islam's not so subtle onslaught into America Jun '17 No honor only shame 2

Rocky River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rocky River Mortgages