Parents grapple with teen daughter's ...

Parents grapple with teen daughter's heroin death

There are 246 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 26, 2008, titled Parents grapple with teen daughter's heroin death. In it, Newsday reports that:

Michelle Nardone embraced her work as a slaughterhouse victim at a Halloween haunted house in Wading River, where every fall her bloodcurdling scream echoed through the dark fantasy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
tom capodanno

Lindenhurst, NY

#277 May 31, 2009
Darwin wrote:
Anyone who uses heroin in 2008 irregardless of age gets what they deserve. It is not as if this is a new drug of choice and that there's lack of information about it's dangers. Stop beating a dead horse (pun intended) because there will always be the weak who are compelled to alter their minds inorder to get through the day as opposed to accepting their reality and getting on with their life.
hopefully you don't have to bury your child someday
an old friend

Queensbury, NY

#278 May 30, 2011
obviously everyone knows drugs are a bad thing to get hooked to... do u all really feel the need to pick every piece of this story apart when not even knowing her or her family or friends? YES her parents should have put a stop to things when she was in middle school...maybe them moving to RP was a way of trying to do so. its very sad but there is NO ONE to blame for any of this except misha...her parents,teachers,friends,etc did not put the needle in her arm tht night...she did. she made a bad decision and there is no going back. so to put all the blame on her parents is not right. learn to read the whole story b4 u put u judge on someone u know nothing about!
it is sad that at any time her family and friends can look this up and read as u animals pick her apart piece by piece... MIND UR OWN BUSINESS! and get a new hobby, pointing out someones flaws and mistakes THAT U PROBABLY DONT EVEN KNOW is not a good one.
to mishas family, i went to school with her in RP, if i had known what was going on i would have said something. i am greatly sorry for ur loss. i hope u and ur family are well and making the best of life one day at a time. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

“Life's A Beach”

Since: Jun 07

Pompano Beach

#279 May 31, 2011
an old friend wrote:
obviously everyone knows drugs are a bad thing to get hooked to... do u all really feel the need to pick every piece of this story apart when not even knowing her or her family or friends? YES her parents should have put a stop to things when she was in middle school...maybe them moving to RP was a way of trying to do so. its very sad but there is NO ONE to blame for any of this except misha...her parents,teachers,friends,etc did not put the needle in her arm tht night...she did. she made a bad decision and there is no going back. so to put all the blame on her parents is not right. learn to read the whole story b4 u put u judge on someone u know nothing about!
it is sad that at any time her family and friends can look this up and read as u animals pick her apart piece by piece... MIND UR OWN BUSINESS! and get a new hobby, pointing out someones flaws and mistakes THAT U PROBABLY DONT EVEN KNOW is not a good one.
to mishas family, i went to school with her in RP, if i had known what was going on i would have said something. i am greatly sorry for ur loss. i hope u and ur family are well and making the best of life one day at a time. Your in my thoughts and prayers.
While I have condolences to the family for their loss, the story was carried in the local newspapers along with a comment board making it open to anyones messages about the story. If you don't like them, don't read them.
Haha losers

Plano, TX

#280 Jun 1, 2011
Threatening to sue people over an internet posting lol [email protected] libtards.
Ddc

Baton Rouge, LA

#281 Aug 2, 2016
To be honest, her parents didn't do anything about her problems besides cover it up. I know firsthand; I watched
Truth Teller wrote:
<quoted text>

So when she got home, did the parents check her pockets for drugs? Did they check her purse? Her car?

Did they sit down and talk to her to find out what she had done after she drove away? Not just a quick question, I mean really talk to her?

Did they check in on her an hour later? Two hours later?

Listen, I sympathize with this family. One of my 1st cousins years ago died of a drug overdose (cocaine) after years of struggling to kick the habit.

But what this kid did pulling up to the house and then driving away without answering her cell phone was highly suspicious behavior. The action of a person caving in to the addiction and driving off somewhere looking for drugs and not wanting to be found.

With her history, the parents should have been all over her when she got home, and based on what was written in this story, they weren't.

What the parents of this child need to do right now is come to grips with this tragedy, and that includes recognizing their own role in it. This will lead them to eventually finding peace wihtin themselves--looking to everyone else trying to find fault or blame isn't going to bring them peace.
Very sad

Saint Petersburg, FL

#282 Thursday Feb 16
Its almost like they want young people on LI doing drugs,,

"BUT for his 9-millimeter pistol and leather police jacket, Sgt. Arthur Pendzick of the Suffolk County park police could have been mistaken for a salesman pitching all-terrain vehicles."

"Officer Galvin, 25, learned to ride an A.T.V. when he was growing up in the Ridge area at a time when the machines were still permitted on some lands. Now he rides for the county, concealing his police badge and pistol and trying to look like any other rider.

''We ride undercover,'' he said.''We kind of sneak up on them and take the key out of their bikes so they can't take off. Then you pull out your badge and explain to them that they're sunk.''

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/04/nyregion/ou...

Above is just one example of the "war on fun" they got going. The would rather have the youth doing drugs then riding ATVs like we did back in the day. I remember the days when I was young before LINY turned into a police state craphole . I remember Suffolk before all the parasitic government agencies fenced off all the beaches to line their pockets with money from permits and fees.

Can't go riding, beach closed ... ect ect

I remember when Suffolk rolled out the "Cope" patrols to hassle young people. Hey look young people gathered together in a group, looks like they might be having some fun, lets go generate some revenue and add some DMV misery to their lives. Anyone old enough to remember when that Crap started ? I remember when they did crack down on car stereos in Port Jeff, more war on fun generate revenue... Lets hassle some young people.

The opiate problem is not just cause of drug cartels, the skumbag Suffolk politicians did it with their "quality of life" gestapo like attack on the youth, so now many of them who back in our day would have maybe been drinking beer on the beach around a little campfire with friends laying radios are now shooting dope out of sight.

Very sad this young woman died and even sadder that most of the "solutions" I read about are just more of the same crap gestapo crap that started in the 1990s.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man busted for burgarly spree in Smithtown (Mar '07) 18 hr GOP 33
Farmingville, NY (Jul '10) Wed Chuck 33
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Wed Billy 490
Rocky Point Kohl's shopping Center (Jun '10) Tue sam 10
Bittrolff Feb 20 Diidhedoit 2
News Suffolk police shuffled in wake of sex predator... (May '07) Feb 20 Loose ends 104
News James Burke paid for sex in Oak Beach during Gi... Feb 14 Plottmasteram 6

Rocky Point Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rocky Point Mortgages