Parents grapple with teen daughter's heroin death

Full story: Newsday

Michelle Nardone embraced her work as a slaughterhouse victim at a Halloween haunted house in Wading River, where every fall her bloodcurdling scream echoed through the dark fantasy.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of244
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Darwin

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

Judged:

Anyone who uses heroin in 2008 irregardless of age gets what they deserve. It is not as if this is a new drug of choice and that there's lack of information about it's dangers. Stop beating a dead horse (pun intended) because there will always be the weak who are compelled to alter their minds inorder to get through the day as opposed to accepting their reality and getting on with their life.
ltown4eva

Bronxville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

Judged:

Kudos to the parents for having the courage to tell this aweful tragic story, you may have helped another family...please ignore the bag of chit that posted as Darwin, and any other uneducated moron who has nothing better to do but spew insults. In the arms of the angels...May you find some comfort here...
Michelles Aunt

Springfield Gardens, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

You did not know my niece and she did not deserve what happened to her,you dont know my family and didnt know her so keep your negative opinions to yourself
Michelles Aunt

Springfield Gardens, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

Thank you,hopefully this story about my niece will help some of the others out there that are having similar problems.
ltown4eva wrote:
Kudos to the parents for having the courage to tell this aweful tragic story, you may have helped another family...please ignore the bag of chit that posted as Darwin, and any other uneducated moron who has nothing better to do but spew insults. In the arms of the angels...May you find some comfort here...
dave o

Fuquay Varina, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

Heroin or ground up oxycontin is now the drug of choice for teenagers. I thank the family for speaking up because this is a subject that should be talked about in every home with children. My sympathy to her family with this tragic and painful loss
dave o

Fuquay Varina, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

To The Aunt who is posting, who states she did not deserve what happened to her. I am Sorry for your loss but do not make a statement like that because people who use heroin know there is a chance they could die every time they use it. Again my condolences for your tragic but preventful loss.
TollJob

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

Im sure Michelle didnt go into taking the drug that it would be the last time she is alive. She made a mistake and paid with it with her life. I feel so sorry for the parents and wish the family the best through this tough time.
Bad Man

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

Rocky Point, Selden by the sea or North Mastic Beach.

Smoking weed and drinking in middle school. Where were the parents? Where did she get the time to be unsupervised to do that? Where did she get the idea it was OK to leave after 10 PM and return the following morning? You reap what you sow. Fail to supervise your kid, don't be surprised when this happens. Misha sounds like the same kind of non conformist that died within the last month or so on a couch in Nassau County from a heroin overdose.

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

Bad Man wrote:
Rocky Point, Selden by the sea or North Mastic Beach.
Smoking weed and drinking in middle school. Where were the parents? Where did she get the time to be unsupervised to do that? Where did she get the idea it was OK to leave after 10 PM and return the following morning? You reap what you sow. Fail to supervise your kid, don't be surprised when this happens. Misha sounds like the same kind of non conformist that died within the last month or so on a couch in Nassau County from a heroin overdose.
Unfortunately this is what happens when parents also want to e friends with their kids. They afford them too much leniency and donít go around asking friends, teachers and others involved in their childís life for their observations. some learn and some donít.
Just Wondering

New Canaan, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately this is what happens when parents also want to e friends with their kids. They afford them too much leniency and donít go around asking friends, teachers and others involved in their childís life for their observations. some learn and some donít.
Agreed, though the parents shouldn't have needed anyone else's observations to see that something was wrong. This young woman had crossed hacksaws over her bed - think that might be a red flag?! And according to the article, she had "profane" writings on her bedroom wall and often had a blank stare that her parents couldn't read. I'm sorry for their loss, but they could have done their homework a lot better.
Nicole

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

I think the parents are the ones to blame. They say she was smoking pot in middle school. I was home after school in middle school. I didnt have money to buy pot.
When i was 14 i got a job, and my parents drove me there and picked me up each day.

The parents are to blame, They had no control over the child. Why was she out all night?????? Instead of them trying to blame everyone else, why dont they ask themselves why their child was allowed to go out at 10pm at night and stay out til the wee hours of the morning????

People today need to get sterilized because they obviously have no idea how to be a parent

“KTQ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

Michelles Aunt wrote:
Thank you,hopefully this story about my niece will help some of the others out there that are having similar problems.
<quoted text>
Bless you all.
Spike

Miller Place, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

If your children use drugs take it seriously. If you don't put an end to the drug use it may well kill them. It will certainly ruin their lives. You have to be there every day. You have to change their lives. You have to stop the drug use - do whatever it takes. You cannot leave it to the state to take care of them.
The United States of America currently is allowing the people of afganistan to grow and refine heroin. They are also not stopping them from shipping it to the United States. Do to this mass importation heroin is now cheap and readily available in this country. You can thank the president of the United States for this. We need a zero tolernace policy on drugs across the world. If we are going to invade other countries as a matter of "national security" then we should be destroying their drug infrastructure as part of this policy. It must truly be a war on drugs. Find the people growing, refining and exporting these drugs and KILL them. They are killing our children. To do anything less is UnAmerican. To stand in the way of the war on drugs is treasonous. Remember this every time you read an article about a childdead from drugs. There will be many more...
R U Kidding

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

Veranda wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless you all.
Casual Style? How bout being too laid back and allowing too permissive of a lifestyle leads an adolescent to have the time and ability to become a druggy PO crud. Kids are too young and too inexperienced to make sound decisions regarding limits on friends and social activities, that's why being a "pal" or "friend" to your kid is tantamount to child abuse. They've got plenty of opportunities to have friends, they need a parent to set limits lest their youth and inexperience leads them to a morgue.

Live like a druggy, die like a druggy. I agree with the bleeding heart liberals the government should give them all free needles.........tainted w/ cyanide of course.

Good riddance to another drain on society.
Michael Savage

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

Heroin is a drug. Drugs kill. Duh. What part of this don't people understand? What, the 10,000,000 public service messages in the media didn't get through? Anyone who abuses drugs knows what the outcome will be.
yuck fou

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

people! say hello to the next attack. who do you think produces the heroin? and the object is to get it into our children's hands. last time i checked the number one export of Afghanistan and its neighbors is heroin. every time some one buys this crap not only is it adding to the casualty numbers but funding the taliban . maybe they should explain this angle to the kids so they understand what is actually being created here .
Harold

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

Everyone should stop being so judgemental, this HAPPENS all over the place and sometimes you cannot prevent it no matter how hard you try, you cannot keep a teenager locked in their room 24/7 - their daughter got addicted and hid it from them and thats it, I feel bad for the family but they should stop this shoulda woulda coulda and try to help others
I Love Druga

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Clayton Bigsby
Jack

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

But how do you not know that your child is using drugs?
kevin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
..how can anyone with a picture of one of Hitlers worst lillers be taken seriously ?? in your case,it is better to remain silent and let people think you ar an ass,then to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of244
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rocky Point Discussions

Search the Rocky Point Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
horse post farm; manorville ny (Apr '13) 8 hr HarleyMan 1,529
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 10 hr MacDaddyobama 6,274
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Tue none 6,182
Waverly Train Station (Holtsville) (Nov '11) Tue Jayar 4
Arrest in bank robbery string (Jun '07) Apr 13 steve 3
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Apr 12 Twillner 699
Hidden Meadows C0-ops. (Jan '13) Apr 12 Bob 2
•••

Freeze Warning for Suffolk County was issued at April 16 at 7:26PM EDT

•••
•••

Rocky Point News Video

•••
•••

Rocky Point Jobs

•••
•••
•••