Man arrested in Port Jefferson assaul...

Man arrested in Port Jefferson assault case

There are 91 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 2, 2007, titled Man arrested in Port Jefferson assault case. In it, Newsday reports that:

Suffolk police have made an arrest in a vicious assault on a Port Jefferson Village man who was left bloody and suffering brain damage outside a school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Jackie

Elizabeth, NJ

#44 Jul 4, 2007
that tatoo isntofa unicorn buddy.fix ya eyes
Chef wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know Mike! He wqasn't smirking. He was crying you ass!! This kid was at the wrong place at the wrong time!! If the cops look deeper the WILL find the right guy.
JES

Bronx, NY

#46 Jul 4, 2007
i think he needs to man the hell up and do his time
JES

Bronx, NY

#47 Jul 4, 2007
mike needs to man up and do his time for that horrible crime he commited even if it wasnt him he was there!!!!
JES

Bronx, NY

#48 Jul 4, 2007
thats attempted murder
Al Sharpton

AOL

#49 Jul 5, 2007
Jackie wrote:
i think that suffolk police are a bunch of assholes because they have the wrong guy. mike was in the wrong place at the wrong time and i know mike and he couldnt hurt a fly even if he tried too!!everyone may think what they want to think about him. but it really is sad because who ever did do it is still running around laughing right now. Mike im behind you 100% i Love you and hopefully they find the TRUTH soon.<quoted text>
Yeah, Suffolk cops are a#&holes, and your guy is innocent?? Likely story
FREE MIKE

Elizabeth, NJ

#51 Jul 5, 2007
Mike needs to man up?? lol r u serious.. whould u man up if u didnt commint the crime? the police have no real evidence what so ever.. and they should be looking into Chris Marinus as the suspect!! idiots... everyone out here has your back mike. see you soon buddy...
JES wrote:
mike needs to man up and do his time for that horrible crime he commited even if it wasnt him he was there!!!!
hank

Dover, NJ

#52 Jul 6, 2007
Why didnt he tell the police his version? DRUNK and Guilty..... THATs WHY HE STILL IN JAIL
PJ resident

Greenwich, CT

#53 Jul 6, 2007
Who's Chris Marinus and how do you know he did it? If you know s'thing, tell the cops and get your award (as they called it in the paper).
Trish

AOL

#54 Jul 7, 2007
CHRIS MARINUS IS NOT CAPABLE OF DOING ANYTHING OF THIS NATURE. HE IS WELL LIKED BY ALL, AND MANY PEOPLE WILL ATTEST TO THIS. MIKE PEKRUL DID THE CRIME AND SHOULD DO THE TIME.
Ann

AOL

#55 Jul 7, 2007
CHRIS MARINUS IS 100% INNOCENT. HE IS NOT A SUSPECT. HE IS A KIND, GENTLE PERSON WHO IS NOT CAPABLE OF DOING SUCH A HEINOUS CRIME. YOUR FRIEND IS THE ONE WHO WAS ARRESTED BECAUSE HE IS THE "BAD SEED", AND A HOT HEAD, AND INCRIMINATING EVIDENCE WAS FOUND AGAINST HIM! NOT CHRIS MARINUS. KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE SPREADING RUMORS JERK! AND LEARN HOW TO SPELL.
DeniseWhite

Medford, NY

#56 Jul 7, 2007
Crackers get cracked out and jacked up, then cry. They can't take a beat down like real men.

“Where to buddy?”

Since: Jun 07

Middle Island, NY

#57 Jul 7, 2007
Dr M wrote:
What did the smuck do to provoke the two men into eating him. I say the two men were just defending their honor and the smuckgot what he deserved
Another uneducated, inbred, redneck heard from.

The yanks are coming down to beat you into a coma. After all we're defending our honor of intellects because of your stupidity in your post.

TEE

Dover, NJ

#58 Jul 7, 2007
Common Sense wrote:
Way to go Tommy.... on the way back to the gold tin!!!
TY. 109?104?SCU?40?
Laura

AOL

#59 Jul 7, 2007
Jackie wrote:
My deapest regards to you & your family Peggy. however you shouldnt thank the media yet beacuse they DO HAVE THE WRONG PERSON.and the real guy is roaming around and has got away with beating your nephew scotch free. god bless!<quoted text>
Your friend, Mike, did the crime. He is a hothead. He had an argument with the victim outside the bar. How can you possibly defend him??????? The police have the RIGHT PERSON!!!!
Elaine

AOL

#60 Jul 7, 2007
FREE MIKE wrote:
Mike needs to man up?? lol r u serious.. whould u man up if u didnt commint the crime? the police have no real evidence what so ever.. and they should be looking into Chris Marinus as the suspect!! idiots... everyone out here has your back mike. see you soon buddy...<quoted text>
YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY A VERY IGNORANT PERSON IF YOU THINK YOUR PUNK, HOT HEAD FRIEND DIDN'T DO THIS CRIME. CHRIS MARINUS IS A FANTASTIC PERSON AND WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING VIOLENT. THE POLICE IMPLICATED YOUR FRIEND IN THIS CRIME BASED ON EVIDENCE. THE POLICE KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOBS. CHRIS MARINUS IS NOT A SUSPECT. YOUR FRIEND HAD AN ARGUMENT WITH THE VICTIM. HE DID THE CRIME. FIGURE IT OUT MORON.
Karen

AOL

#61 Jul 7, 2007
John Gulluscio wrote:
I know Mike Pekrul. I know he IS NOT cape able of of this type of violence. Mike is a stand up guy. He would NEVER do anything of this measure. I stand behind Mike all the way. I think he was in the wrong place at wrong time. The police should be arresting and convicting Chris Marinus aka twinkie. He is a bad seed and was seen with Mike. They worked together at the time, that was why the police picked out Mike. I strongly believe Mike is innocent. If anyone has info to help Mike out please contact the police.
John: You are a loser just like your friend, Mike. You should know the facts before accusing anyone of anything. Chris Marinus is innocent. He is not a suspect. He is not a violent person. He is extremely well liked and a good person. Your druggie friend was implicated because he had an argument with the victim. He is a punk and should do the time for his crime.
TO THE OBLIVIOUS PEOPLE

AOL

#62 Jul 8, 2007
TO ALL OF YOU WHO SEEM TO THINK THE POLICE HAV NOTHING ON CHRISTHINK AGAIN!!!! I KNOW FOR A FACT...AND YOU'LL ALSO FIND OUT SOON.YOUR LITTLE PUNK "HOT HEADED" FRIEND CHRIS IS THE BAD SEED AND EVERYONE IN P.J WILL SAY THE SAME, HES A DIRTBAG LOSER
Elaine wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY A VERY IGNORANT PERSON IF YOU THINK YOUR PUNK, HOT HEAD FRIEND DIDN'T DO THIS CRIME. CHRIS MARINUS IS A FANTASTIC PERSON AND WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING VIOLENT. THE POLICE IMPLICATED YOUR FRIEND IN THIS CRIME BASED ON EVIDENCE. THE POLICE KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOBS. CHRIS MARINUS IS NOT A SUSPECT. YOUR FRIEND HAD AN ARGUMENT WITH THE VICTIM. HE DID THE CRIME. FIGURE IT OUT MORON.
TO THE OBLIVIOUS DIRTBAGS

Westminster, CA

#63 Jul 9, 2007
TO THE OBLIVIOUS PEOPLE wrote:
TO ALL OF YOU WHO SEEM TO THINK THE POLICE HAV NOTHING ON CHRISTHINK AGAIN!!!! I KNOW FOR A FACT...AND YOU'LL ALSO FIND OUT SOON.YOUR LITTLE PUNK "HOT HEADED" FRIEND CHRIS IS THE BAD SEED AND EVERYONE IN P.J WILL SAY THE SAME, HES A DIRTBAG LOSER<quoted text>
Let me tell you something, you and your friends John Galluscio and Mike Pekrul are the dirtbag losers, and you're all trying to pin this on Chris Marinus, who is innocent. You're all trying to protect your punk friend Mike Pekrul. First of all, John Galluscio is jealous of Chris Marinus because he's a better chef. That's what John's problem is. John also worked at Danford's with Mike which is a couple of blocks from the crime scene. How do we know that John didn't do the crime? Maybe the police should be arresting and convicting John and yourself. Chris Marinus has won awards for his cooking. He also worked in a nursing home for 5 years caring for the elderly. It takes a very special, kind, caring and patient person to do this type of work. So before you go accusing anyone, know the facts loser. Your friend Mike Pekrul is the culprit. He is scum and so are you and John. There is very strong evidence incriminating him Mike for this crime. Wake up and face the facts!!!!!!!!!!
Junior

Passaic, NJ

#64 Jul 10, 2007
TO THE OBLIVIOUS DIRTBAGS wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you something, you and your friends John Galluscio and Mike Pekrul are the dirtbag losers, and you're all trying to pin this on Chris Marinus, who is innocent. You're all trying to protect your punk friend Mike Pekrul. First of all, John Galluscio is jealous of Chris Marinus because he's a better chef. That's what John's problem is. John also worked at Danford's with Mike which is a couple of blocks from the crime scene. How do we know that John didn't do the crime? Maybe the police should be arresting and convicting John and yourself. Chris Marinus has won awards for his cooking. He also worked in a nursing home for 5 years caring for the elderly. It takes a very special, kind, caring and patient person to do this type of work. So before you go accusing anyone, know the facts loser. Your friend Mike Pekrul is the culprit. He is scum and so are you and John. There is very strong evidence incriminating him Mike for this crime. Wake up and face the facts!!!!!!!!!!
I worked with Mike and was his good friend for 2 years and anyone who has ever met him never had a problem. Mike at about 160, 5'10, couldn't beat up a 31 yr old dude alone besides not having any reason to. If the cops did some actual police work they would take note of things like the fact that Mike has problems with the archs of his feet from kitchen shoes since i've known him. Not to mention the next day at work he didn't have any bruises on his hands or anything. Also, this coke-head Chris was driving that night, SCPD should probably look for the blood stains in his driver seat. I also worked for a short time with Chris Marinus; our relationship as co-workers didn't last long considering he was fired for drinking on the job, and blaming the GMs son for it...thats right, twenty-somethin year old Chris, who is supposed to be such a professional in the work place because of all the "awards" he won for his "excellent cooking," was fired for drinking liquor, and blaming a 17 yr. old buss boy....wow...talk about class. Chris at work was like a crack head without his fix, literally. Always doing things half-assed and being loud and obnoxious...i'm sure once he got a few beers and a couple lines in him, he was ready to be the asshole he truly is.
Sarge

AOL

#65 Jul 13, 2007
So the TRUTH finally did come out!!!! Mike was released and Chris was busted by the cops by changing his story to many times. Who's the dirt bag now? I think ALL of you owe someone an apology!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hpf (Sep '13) Jul 21 Thomas 4
Danny Fred flintstone (Aug '13) Jul 19 JAYTHEMAN 14
News Arrest in bank robbery string (Apr '14) Jul 19 sussie 5
Hidden Meadows C0-ops. (Jan '13) Jul 18 Brigan 7
Giant Garage Sale (Jun '14) Jul 17 Sticky Fingers 22
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) Jul 16 Guilty Dave 15
Bittrolff Jul 5 Mastic Man 4

Rocky Point Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rocky Point Mortgages