The Bridge church in Kernersville NC
His child

Winston Salem, NC

#69 Jul 3, 2013
I would also like to add that just because someone is being called out and rebuked does not mean they are hated and they are not being prayed for. I do pray for him, and everyone sitting at that church and anyone considering going there. You make assumptions that have no basis in fact. Have you not read in Proverbs that, Open rebuke is better than secret love?
Mike

United States

#70 Jul 3, 2013
Let me say this. I am a member of The Bridge. And i see so many outright lies on here. As stated, children are asked to attend classes to be taught on there level. But are allowed to be in the worship service if the parent wants. The debit of your tithes is OFFERED, not DEMANDED! Truth and reality is, it saves the church money... is convenient, but voluntary. Outside accounting firm comes in EVERY year, goes over the books. Clean bill there..and by law, they would have to report anything they found amiss....oh, and who requested that? The very person your ate calling a swindler...that's right, Pastor David McGee
And his home....jealousy is a sin. So is covetousness! And just to let you all know....every time you jerks for Jesus slam my Pastor, He prays for you...and asks others to ad well. God Bless each one of you. You are still loved!
His child

Winston Salem, NC

#71 Jul 4, 2013
Okay, let's get the name-calling out of the way! If you feel good calling me a jerk for Jesus, then so be it! That doesn't hurt my feelings at all. What hurts my feelings is that people are being deceived, lied to, used and robbed. I, for one, did not say that you are forced to tithe, as we never were forced, but gave tithe and above willingly. As I said, I went for eight years and,definitely saw the cross over from a Bible teaching church to each and every service being about tithing and serving. The context of the Scriptures for the day had nothing to do with either, but somehow were twisted to focus on those things.
As far as his house, which is valued at almost 900,000.00, I could not care less to have one, and I consider it sinful when people all around there and even in that church are struggling to eat, buy medicines, necessities and some are even without homes and some are using their charge cards to tithe so pastor won't dislike them. Jesus said be content with daily food and clothing. Again, I challenge anyone on here to meet with me and talk with me. I do not hate this man nor anyone there, but I do hate that he has derailed and gone off track and fame and renown and power has gone to his head. The cameras, the books, the radio, it changes people. I stand by what I have said, this man has been covetous and you should not just take his word on things. If anyone wishes to meet with me, I will respond, else I have spoken all I can here and it is up to you all now to seek God and read His word and test every spirit. Grow in grace and knowledge and I pray each of you will have the scales removed from your eyes. I pray he will repent and go back to where he started.
Lady

Charlotte, NC

#72 Jul 5, 2013
Shocked wrote:
I also attended this "church" on a regular, consistent and faithful basis. At first, I was completely happy that I found a pastor/teacher who taught the Word of God and I enjoyed his teachings. When I decided to go the "meeting" to become involved in the church, they had so many "rules" that I was appalled. They do a criminal background check (which is a good thing in my opinion, especially if, like myself, someone wants to work with the children and youth). What appalled me was that I was asked to sign a "covenant" which in essence was a contact stating that I would "follow the rules" and obey and support the pastor at all times; of course, this meeting was held by his assistant pastor and armour bearers (as the body guards are called and they carry loaded weapons); the pastor himself was not in attendance. It was also stated that I would have to sign a document allowing them to debit my checking account for my 10% tithes and this "rule" was strictly adhered to. Of course, I didn't sign it and decided that maybe the Bridge was not the church for me. It was becoming "all about the money" (just ask him about his $900,000 home). Now, please don't misunderstand me; I am in 100% agreement with tithing and it says so in the Bible. But to have it deducted from my checking account? Really? I also later found out about the "bodyguards" and how not only the pastor has them, but his wife does as well and they accompany them 24 hours a day 7 days a week; even sit outside their home. Now, I realize that there is terrible, horrible things that happen in this world and that schools are not the only places targeted for violence, but is it really necessary for 24/7 guards? I asked to meet with the Pastor and was told that was not "allowed" because they were not going to let discension set in. What? I wasn't cauing discension, certainly not my intention, but I would like to have had some of my nagging questions answered. Not a chance. He would not even give me the time of day. It was only after I was out of that environment that I truly saw how things were there. Yes, the worship is "fun" and very enjoyable; and David's teachings were very informative and I enjoyed listening and learning from him. However, learning more about it after having left (and wishing I had researched more and not allowed myself to get sucked in to all the hoopla), I can say that my eyes have been opened and this is really a cult-like activity and environment. To each his own and I am very happy where I am attending now. I don't mean to sound so critical or judgmental, just sharing my experience and how it didn't go so well.

Where do you attend now? My husband and I are leaving this church and have found another to try. I don't like this church anymore because of their lack of helping its "members" in a time of need. I'm not talking finances either.
Belinda

Winston Salem, NC

#73 Jul 11, 2013
I have been a member of another church since 1986 and I can tell you the Bridge's rules or covents couldn't scratch the surface of the rules and covenants of that church. I can also tell you that I have only been to the Bridge 3 times in the past 3 weeks and I felt the Holy Spirit there more than any church I have ever been in. Plus it was a relief not to have children in the sanctuary for a change. At my church the noise level of the children after a short time is distracting. And what a considerate thing for the church to have a family room so parents can take their children there a listen to the sermon.
I have determined that not everyone is going to be completely satisfied with ever aspect of any church. But know this, if you do not really want to attend church after all, then you will never be happy in any church. Pray before you judge. God will give you the answers rather than you having to put yourself in spiritual jeopardy by spewing apostasy. I am investigating the Bridge myself and hoping to find a new home church. I will do this with an open heart and mined.
Kville Neighbor

Kernersville, NC

#74 Jul 14, 2013
I attended service here several times to try and understand my hostile neighbor who attends there. I took my son with me and was told he could not stay for the service. I was shocked and asked why. The lady that approached us said it was policy. Thankfully, Nora, Pastor Dave's wife could sense my uneasiness and allowed my son to stay the service with me. I went back for a Christmas service. It was uplifting. But dear churches, I believe the churched are doing more to keep the unchurched away more than anything else. Shouldn't our light shine always, rather than being a jerk before and after your church service each week?
John

Kernersville, NC

#75 Jul 15, 2013
Gal 5:19-26

19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives. 26 Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.
Holy Bible, New Living Translation , copyright 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.

Gal 5:19-26

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
NKJV
look out

Charlotte, NC

#76 Jul 19, 2013
Don't drink the cool aid.
Vic

Winston Salem, NC

#77 Aug 12, 2013
I have attended the Bridge (formerly Calvary Chapel) for the past 6 1/2 years--and it is not a cult!--Anyone who says it is a cult--what are you basing your comments on?
Vic

Summerville, SC

#78 Aug 12, 2013
There were times I got tired of hearing about tithing and serving--but I just read my Bible and determined the teaching wasn't for me.--And I had the opportunity to speak with several people who had been attending and they were not serving or giving--and how the teaching touched their heart. We are suppose to give and serve in the house of God.---God will hold the leaders and teachers responsible for what they do---All you people who are speaking against the Pastor--why don't you take that same energy and passion and pray for him--why not be a real Christian and pray for someone you consider an enemy---I have been there as a I stated previously for 6 1/2 years---I check every Bible verse and sometimes I agree with his teachings and sometimes not---but that is not just with PD but any "man"---John MacArthur, Ravi Zacharius/sp--or my Bible College professor--because they are just that--"men"--Body of Christ lets stop tearing each other apart and lift each other up in prayer---as your Father God would have you do--in Jesus Name----amen!
Vic

Winston Salem, NC

#79 Aug 13, 2013
Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you attend now? My husband and I are leaving this church and have found another to try. I don't like this church anymore because of their lack of helping its "members" in a time of need. I'm not talking finances either.
You don't have to have direct deposit for your tithes---some of the statements on this forum are ridiculous and totally not true!
Lynn

Newton Grove, NC

#80 Sep 23, 2013
I also left this church after he started having body guards and I also was not happy about no kids in praise and worship....BY the way he was supposedly successful but he also stated that they were having financial troubles before starting the church.....

This is way over the top I agree that they should be looked into! Also they do treat you like dirt if you say you want your kids to come in with you been there done that before they got to be so high and mighty! There is corruption and it starts with the inner circle....great news!!! He will have to answer to GOD!!!
Watery eyes

Middletown, OH

#81 Sep 23, 2013
I attended this church just this past Sunday. I am not a common person here fighting. I have never posted here, and only just found this site this very night. I have attended a total of 2 churches in the Triad. Having moved here only half a year ago. In attending this church and speaking with some members. I have learned a lot. I will tell this story.
I arrived to this church very late. I found the place to be huge. Were there helpful and nice people? Yes there was plenty of those. I was led to a welcoming desk where I was made to give my personal information. The other church never asked this of me. Why does this church? The walk there was reminding me of a dead head concert. Although brightly painted for the children who attend there as a charter school.
After giving my personal information, wiggling a finger in my ear to repair my hearing, locating a seat, and sitting with out a clue to any other persons opinions of this place. In fact having been brought there on good reports. I quietly listened. The church area was freezing! This is why the elderly do not attend. The noise pollution, and the temperature. I felt as if I were sitting in Alaska during an Alaskan winter!
I endured the entire 2 hours of the "lesson." Where this pastor spoke about having recently having to refuse 2 homeless women who were out on their luck, and needing a home. Then proceeding to ask the congregation for donations of $25 or more. Payable at there website. What church asks only ask for specific priced donations? Oh there is a lot more. That will appall anyone with open eyes. This is all truth and fact as I have witnessed it. Anything of my personal opinion comes with a ? for clarity.
This pastor continued into the sermon. In this he deplored the comments of people on the internet. He spoke of how people are afraid to show their face, and are the lost sinners. Excuse me his followers here? You ask about speaking against Christians, but yet your own pastor did it on stage with me watching?
So the pastor went on. I had to use the bathroom part way through. No big deal right? I was assisted out of this entertainment stage area. Nicely done. I was allowed to go to these very nice and very clean restrooms. Which was nice, but while I was in there. I was shocked. Just shocked. I found little children in rubber gloves washing the bathroom facility for the church! They cleaned the toilets, and the counters around the sink. Hello child labor laws? Hello what about children being taught there? Not what I saw right? I saw the children being made to work and not taught the lessons of the lord didn't I? Yes I think so.
Keeping my mouth shut. I continued back to the sermon. Where soon the pastor tied up his long winded lesson, and the temperature hadn't improved. I witnessed a young girl strolling around in high heels, and she kept making sexual advances on men in the church. Doesn't that run right along with some of these comments? Oh wait there is more.
So while I kept my mouth shut, and honestly tried to keep an open mind to this highly recommended church.*COUGH!* The service moved on. A rather large lady with a beautiful voice proceeded to sing, while the pastor led a prayer. It was alright, until the pastor continued to work his mental magic on those in attendance. It does get better. I watched people attend who I had seen before. People go to the stage to prayer. Their faces had been on this very internet. Where? AH! Well have you looked up the state sex registry lately? I am all for forgiveness, but seriously I had never seen so many children, dressed seductively, making moves on older men, and attending church at all the same time! Can we say child sex abuse ring possible here?

Oh there is more...
Watery eyes

Middletown, OH

#82 Sep 23, 2013
Wait wait there IS MORE! Oh yes. So the service concluded after many notable mental implantation attempts were made. Then upon departure. Though I controlled my words, and facial expressions the entire time. The group of attendees changed. These once great and welcoming people were now staring me down. While holding their mochas, and ushering out their scandalously dressed children who were performing child labor for this church, they were scowling. I felt like a African American in a racist neighborhood. Then today this pastor had the nerve to email me. Why? To ask for more money...

Ignoring the obviously greedy request. I move on with my life. In such I mentioned this church in the streets, and to passer by. In doing so! I did! I found these people! I found the ones the pastor swore to me on stage would not show me their face and tell me their experience! Ah yes I did. Yep, yep, yep. I found a poor young man who had his marriage destroyed by this church. This church that his wife had suddenly become addict to. I saw this woman's baby. This woman of this church. This woman who the church told her to divorce the heretic (In reality christian of another church) husband. I met another man who had told me how he had been attacked by a young woman of the church for sex. How she threw herself on him. How told me how scared he was. How uncomfortable he was. Yet then told me how this was a safe church and he would return. In my expressing my discomfort, concerns, and wish to not return to this place. Finally after so much silence. Yes I was cast away as a non-believer by these same people. Rather than them wish me well, and promote me into finding a church that suited me. This church screamed at me, said I was no believer, and I had no idea what I was talking about.

Of course this church is big. It is dishonest, it is promoting things I witnessed with my own eyes, and if I hadn't been so horribly treated. I wouldn't be writing this here now. I would have continued to keep my silence. So I ask these questions...

If this church is doing the work of god why were their children cleaning the bathrooms? Shall I post the pictures I took?

If this church is so good, why were many girls dressed in very inappropriate clothes? Why were other girls witnessed tossing their bodies and sexuality at other men? Yes sex is addicting isn't it?

If this church is so good. Why was not the church offering protection to the pedophiles and the children? Sure the pedophiles can pray, but what church is above the laws? If this church wished to include those who will take those young girls offers up they should have them in a separate area shouldn't they?

If this church is so good. Then why do they close their website to public word? Why is it all hidden?

If this church was so good why is it I witnessed the pastor preaching exactly what he claims not to?

Shall I post pictures of everything I witnessed last Saturday? You broke my heart the bridge. I am so sad to see such a strong potential of goodness and God's work. Reduced to such a sad and obvious pit of sin. I will remain with another church as a proud Christian with real morals to God's word, and not excuses to why it is correct, oh and I am not alone, and I am not elderly. Though I will be taking those pictures to the authorities. SHAME ON YOU! This wolf is out!
His Child

Winston Salem, NC

#83 Oct 9, 2013
Watery eyes wrote:
I attended this church just this past Sunday. I am not a common person here fighting. I have never posted here, and only just found this site this very night. I have attended a total of 2 churches in the Triad. Having moved here only half a year ago. In attending this church and speaking with some members. I have learned a lot. I will tell this story.
I arrived to this church very late. I found the place to be huge. Were there helpful and nice people? Yes there was plenty of those. I was led to a welcoming desk where I was made to give my personal information. The other church never asked this of me. Why does this church? The walk there was reminding me of a dead head concert. Although brightly painted for the children who attend there as a charter school.
After giving my personal information, wiggling a finger in my ear to repair my hearing, locating a seat, and sitting with out a clue to any other persons opinions of this place. In fact having been brought there on good reports. I quietly listened. The church area was freezing! This is why the elderly do not attend. The noise pollution, and the temperature. I felt as if I were sitting in Alaska during an Alaskan winter!
I endured the entire 2 hours of the "lesson." Where this pastor spoke about having recently having to refuse 2 homeless women who were out on their luck, and needing a home. Then proceeding to ask the congregation for donations of $25 or more. Payable at there website. What church asks only ask for specific priced donations? Oh there is a lot more. That will appall anyone with open eyes. This is all truth and fact as I have witnessed it. Anything of my personal opinion comes with a ? for clarity.
This pastor continued into the sermon. In this he deplored the comments of people on the internet. He spoke of how people are afraid to show their face, and are the lost sinners. Excuse me his followers here? You ask about speaking against Christians, but yet your own pastor did it on stage with me watching?
So the pastor went on. I had to use the bathroom part way through. No big deal right? I was assisted out of this entertainment stage area. Nicely done. I was allowed to go to these very nice and very clean restrooms. Which was nice, but while I was in there. I was shocked. Just shocked. I found little children in rubber gloves washing the bathroom facility for the church! They cleaned the toilets, and the counters around the sink. Hello child labor laws? Hello what about children being taught there? Not what I saw right? I saw the children being made to work and not taught the lessons of the lord didn't I? Yes I think so.
Keeping my mouth shut. I continued back to the sermon. Where soon the pastor tied up his long winded lesson, and the temperature hadn't improved. I witnessed a young girl strolling around in high heels, and she kept making sexual advances on men in the church. Doesn't that run right along with some of these comments? Oh wait there is more.
So while I kept my mouth shut, and honestly tried to keep an open mind to this highly recommended church.*COUGH!* The service moved on. A rather large lady with a beautiful voice proceeded to sing, while the pastor led a prayer. It was alright, until the pastor continued to work his mental magic on those in attendance. It does get better. I watched people attend who I had seen before. People go to the stage to prayer. Their faces had been on this very internet. Where? AH! Well have you looked up the state sex registry lately? I am all for forgiveness, but seriously I had never seen so many children, dressed seductively, making moves on older men, and attending church at all the same time! Can we say child sex abuse ring possible here?
Oh there is more...
I alluded to his gossip and slandering from his self-made pulpit in one of my earlier posts and I have also said I would meet anyone face to face, but no one has taken me up on it. Maybe they are fearful of the truth.
Sarah

Greensboro, NC

#84 Dec 25, 2013
most certainly cultish. God frees, God loves, God has a free spirit, and loves us as we are. I DONT like that church, and felt pressured into giving money, and felt like I was NOT one of them for sure. CULTISH, groupy like, and NOT FOR ME! THE GOD I KNOW I dont have to SHOUT it to the world. I know him personally, and it is none of anyones' business anyway. It is LIKE MOTHER THERESA SAID IT IS between You and GOD!!!!!...bodyguards? ha... Whats the MATTER DAVID, are you scared? If you really LOVED GOD, YOU would walk out praying THANK YOU OOD for protecting me, and your angels surround me. FEAR MAYBE??? crazy stuff ..
Sarah

Greensboro, NC

#85 Dec 25, 2013
thank you GOD, not ood...typo sorry. HOWEVER my point being. God owns me not any church. Especially your cultish one!
Wendi

Mount Airy, NC

#86 Dec 29, 2013
Paul wrote:
1st off, I think it should be up to the parent if he or she wants their children with them in the sanctuary...
2nd, I've visited the church on numerous occasions, over the years and I also have noticed cultist activities!
Bottom line is this, It's only a matter of time before thise house tumbles, my prayer is it happens before the Jim Jones Juice is passed out amongst the congregation.!
How do you know who Jim Jones is? That is a serious statement.
Brit

Burlington, NC

#87 Jan 20, 2014
Wendi wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know who Jim Jones is? That is a serious statement.
Swriously? There have been MANY documentaries in Jim Jones. Read a book.
Vic --

Charlotte, NC

#88 Feb 2, 2014
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to have direct deposit for your tithes---some of the statements on this forum are ridiculous and totally not true!
----I still attend and I am blessed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky Mount Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
can couples play at cupids in greensboro (Aug '14) Wed JoJo 12
Cupid's Corner (Jul '14) Nov 10 Betebe 2
Law enforcement visits Nov 10 Betebe 1
News Funeral Held for President of Hells Angels (Jul '09) Nov 7 Eugene hunt 146
Snitch list (Dec '14) Nov 7 You already know 23
News N Carolina's 2 largest cities poised for big ma... Nov 5 Cath League of Du... 1
strange lights flying over greensboro (Jan '11) Oct 28 Notcrazyinlasvegas 48

Rocky Mount Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rocky Mount Mortgages