Moped Driver Killed in Accident

Moped Driver Killed in Accident

There are 27 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Aug 1, 2010, titled Moped Driver Killed in Accident. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A Greensboro woman faces several charges after police say she hit and killed a man on a moped.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tom Brokenlaw

Milford, PA

#1 Aug 1, 2010
The author forgot - "Hit & Run" and/or "Leaving the Scene of an Accident." Perhaps she'll be cornered by polce and die in a hail of hot lead, or perhaps she'll have to play hide the latex salamis with prison-psycho-bull-dykes. Stay tuned.
smoke the white

Durham, NC

#2 Aug 1, 2010
Well at least she didnt hit any hookers!
observer

Dunn, NC

#3 Aug 1, 2010
i guess everyone will be posting such things as mopeds shouldn't be on the roads and are for punk kids to ride in the park as some posters did on another blog about a man killed while riding a bicycle. then will come the remarks about how he shouldn't be here anyway because of his name & some may even state that that,s one less to deport. i'm saying up front that this was a tragedy for the family of this man, who was a fellow human being. the woman will rue this day for years to come. the cmments on this blog should be about the horrors & tragedy of drunk driving.
Really

Clemmons, NC

#4 Aug 1, 2010
observer wrote:
i guess everyone will be posting such things as mopeds shouldn't be on the roads and are for punk kids to ride in the park as some posters did on another blog about a man killed while riding a bicycle. then will come the remarks about how he shouldn't be here anyway because of his name & some may even state that that,s one less to deport. i'm saying up front that this was a tragedy for the family of this man, who was a fellow human being. the woman will rue this day for years to come. the cmments on this blog should be about the horrors & tragedy of drunk driving.
Well, It looks like you have it nailed observer.....no need for additional comments huh? Oh, wait... Drunk driving is bad, umkay?
2sides

Mount Airy, NC

#5 Aug 1, 2010
Actually, Laree Johnson should have been on a moped also. I do send condolences to the family of this young man. It was senseless and should not have happened. Johnson deserves jail time. I still wonder why people are out wandering around at that time of morning. Witn her record she wasnn't going or coming from work most likely.
2sides

Mount Airy, NC

#6 Aug 1, 2010
observer wrote:
You think you have these posters figured out don't you? I've been watching your posts and you do a good job of digging into a post too. The horrors and tragedy of drunk driving are very real and those who do it continue until they kill someone. I don't know how they can be kept off the road. We have to be aware they are out there and do the best we can to stay out of their way. There aren't as many on the road in day hours as there are at night. That's one clue. Weekends are another.

“Cynical Scumbag”

Since: Jan 10

Lima Peru

#7 Aug 1, 2010
Tom Brokenlaw wrote:
The author forgot - "Hit & Run" and/or "Leaving the Scene of an Accident." Perhaps she'll be cornered by polce and die in a hail of hot lead, or perhaps she'll have to play hide the latex salamis with prison-psycho-bull-dykes. Stay tuned.
LOL!!!
Frank

Mocksville, NC

#8 Aug 1, 2010
funny how the state trooper who killed that little girl wasn't charged with anything.
Kevin

Charlotte, NC

#9 Aug 1, 2010
have a two ;prong thing here, she was ;probably drunk, on other hand why would anyone drive a mo;ped at 2:30 am? either way she's at fault...
Kevin

Charlotte, NC

#10 Aug 1, 2010
observer wrote:
ok I'll play your silly game, in fact a mo;ped shouldn't be on the road at 2:30 am near im;possible to see actually.
Kenny

Prescott Valley, AZ

#11 Aug 1, 2010
Frank wrote:
funny how the state trooper who killed that little girl wasn't charged with anything.
Maybe because the trooper was doing his job and was not drunk at the time. Apples to oranges genius. Way to provide the flame bait though.
Mike

Lexington, NC

#12 Aug 2, 2010
What was he out driving at 2:30 in the morning on a stupid moped anyways for? Those things are so dangerous because they go slow and they basically take up the whole road. It is so hard to pass one. They should be banned. I would muhch rather be behind and pass someone on a bike than a moped!
Anonymous

Montgomery, AL

#13 Aug 2, 2010
What kind of self respecting man rides a moped?? Did he drop his purse when he was hit?
Country Girl

Trinity, NC

#14 Aug 2, 2010
Moped should not be on the road at all. If they want to be on the road then pay for insurance like I have to for my car.
2sides

Mount Airy, NC

#15 Aug 2, 2010
Kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because the trooper was doing his job and was not drunk at the time. Apples to oranges genius. Way to provide the flame bait though.
I'd like to get that one started again. The woman in the Honda didn't stop and look.
think 1st

Bethania, NC

#16 Aug 2, 2010
This reads;
"When Johnson is located, she will be charged with felony death by vehicle, driving without a license and DWI".

So she had not been located at the time of this report, noone observed her condition. But still she will be charged with DWI. Wow, so a person can now be charged with anything without proof. Maybe she was just a bad driver who knows?

Since: Jun 10

Greensboro, NC

#17 Aug 2, 2010
think 1st wrote:
This reads;
"When Johnson is located, she will be charged with felony death by vehicle, driving without a license and DWI".
So she had not been located at the time of this report, noone observed her condition. But still she will be charged with DWI. Wow, so a person can now be charged with anything without proof. Maybe she was just a bad driver who knows?
I thought the same thing when I read it. How do they know she was DWI? Did they let her go after giving her a sobriety test? Did she just "slip away" while they weren't looking after they gave her the test? LOL! I'm hoping this is just another "oops" by Fox8.
Allen

Asheboro, NC

#18 Aug 2, 2010
Kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the trooper was not drunk, just reckless and stupid.
RoadKill

Reidsville, NC

#19 Aug 2, 2010
2sides wrote:
<quoted text> I'd like to get that one started again. The woman in the Honda didn't stop and look.
You have absolutely no problem with NCSHP policy that can put you on the same road with a Trooper driving in excess of 125 MPH for nothing more than a “traffic enforcement response” that has no need to call in with justification, no lights or siren required, and no limits at all on the Trooper’s freedom to fracture any driving law they feel necessary? If not you shouldn’t mind driving around in Bagdad where you are at least told to expect the roadside bombs.

2sides put in the request folks...

Since: Jan 10

Lincolnshire, IL

#20 Aug 2, 2010
Country Girl wrote:
Moped should not be on the road at all. If they want to be on the road then pay for insurance like I have to for my car.
I think I'm going to have to agree with you on this point. While the state has seen fit not to require a driver's license for mopeds (why? I don't know), but since they are using public streets to traverse the city and county, why shouldn't they be required to carry insurance. At the very least, liability insurance. I think this is an excellent idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky Mount Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
can couples play at cupids in greensboro (Aug '14) Tue Jerry 7
Help Aug 17 RealTalk1 1
Snitch list (Dec '14) Aug 11 Donnie moore 8
Review: John Barnes Electric Aug 10 H Davis 1
The Bridge church in Kernersville NC (Feb '12) Aug 9 Guest 138
Debate: Marijuana - Greensboro, NC (Aug '10) Aug 7 Rogue 115
bars clubs in greensboro nc Aug 6 thomas 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rocky Mount Mortgages