Dog Park Panel Eyed -- Courant.com

Dog Park Panel Eyed -- Courant.com

There are 126 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Oct 12, 2007, titled Dog Park Panel Eyed -- Courant.com. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Sick of seeing doggy doo on the sidewalk in your neighborhood? Or of going to play baseball in a nearby field and seeing puppies running up and down the perfectly prepared dirt? There is a solution, residents ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Fido Owners Are Taxpayers

United States

#125 Apr 21, 2008
deja vu wrote:
Have you folks been watching the battle over the dog park in Torrington? Those who protested and won are now the object of hateful slurs and name calling by those who lost. They have been called liars, a car was paintballed. People are driving by homes and yelling at the residents. It can get very ugly. Do what they did, research your city laws, land use laws, location and zoning issues. Get maps from FEMA. Present them to your Mayor and get ready to take a hit for the nerve you have to actually be against something. The recent dog attack on Main Street in Torrington by an American Bulldog on an unsuspecting citizen while walking his dog, just proves that people own power dogs and they will be as welcome at these parks as anyone else. A well staffed park, with trees, bushes and buffers from residential neighborhoods is not bad. It is the attitude of some dog owners that is.
Console yourself with this thought...if taxpayers were to start strenuously objecting to all these redundant kiddie programs then the parents would all shreik and rage that their poor dears aren't getting fair treatment. I mean, God forbid any town should do something that doesn't revolve around people with kiddies! Perhaps these protestors are getting tired of paying out of pocket only to get treated like voiceless second class citizens in their own towns.
Gina

Snook, TX

#127 Jun 28, 2008
Perhaps taxpayers without children should get a discount on taxes paid for schools, buses, playgrounds, baseball fields, soccer fields.....A dog park is a great place to go for people who have only pets to enjoy the outdoors too.
WHY wrote:
Why I think it's a great idea also as long as the taxpayer without dogs are not paying for it.
Maybe when you pay to license your dog the city can also charge you a hefty fee for the property upkeep and insurance.
Of course only licensed dogs should use the park.
Joseph

AOL

#128 Jun 28, 2008
All Town residents (both yes and no voters) must watch the last School Board meeting on June 24th. Board member Putterman states he will advise to ignore the voters wishes if the 2nd refferendum passes and do nothing to reduce the budget. We don't know what we're voting for.
I believe his special needs child is clouding his judgement. What arrogance!!
Why would he (a member of the School Board) all but challenge every voting citizen of this Town. Democracy be damned.
Board Chairman Schmitt should ask for his immediate resignation.
Joseph

AOL

#129 Jun 28, 2008
Re: last post, sorry wrong forum "multitasking".
Orochimaru

Rocky Hill, CT

#130 Jul 17, 2008
Yes! Oh yes! I know that this topic is almost a year old, but I am 100% for a dog park in my town, because there is too much traffic and since I have a husky, I need to keep him on leash at all times. But a dog park would be a dream come true for him and other dogs too.
Miss M

Glastonbury, CT

#131 Jun 26, 2009
My charges,(4 beautiful children)
Are raising money for dogs each summer. Last year they raised over $50.00 and donated it to the Glastonbury dog shelter. We know that the money went to a good cause as they let us know that food and treats were bought with the money. We, however, are trying to find out who has the plans for this dog park ? What's there vission ? How many volunteers will be needed, will 10 yrs and older be allowed to help out? And more questions. Will seniors be able to be paired with young people to do activities such as setting up courses, walk nice dogs, doggie day care, and more?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big garage and house sale Wethersfield on Sat O... Oct '17 Andrew1984 1
Big whole house tag sale Wethersfield 10/28 Oct '17 Andrew1984 1
Cromwell-the most racist town in CT (Jun '10) Sep '17 Diversity Dude 32
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Sep '17 ANONYMOUS 45
News Top of June's lottery winners: Milford man gets... Aug '17 WorkAvoider 11
B & D Automotive in Newington Connecticut (Apr '14) May '17 Maurice Sandloff 3
B & D Auto, Inc. Newington, Connecticut (May '17) May '17 Maurice Sandloff 1

Rocky Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance