NEWINGTON: 'Delivery Men' Ransack Home

Two robbers posing as delivery men invaded a home at 579 New Britain Ave. in Newington about 8 a.m. Saturday and ransacked it after forcing a female resident into a room. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jacqueline

Wallingford, CT

#1 Feb 8, 2009
Punish them like they do in Saudia Arabia and there won't be any repeat offenses.
xsixzuyzg

Waterbury, CT

#2 Feb 8, 2009
Jacqueline, I am with you all the way.
SignofTheTimes

Hartford, CT

#3 Feb 8, 2009
Liberal policies engender this type of behavior. Time we get tough on criminals and support a real 3 Strikes Law.
Dave

Newington, CT

#4 Feb 8, 2009
The hell with 3 strikes.

You do something like this, you get LIFE. And if you kill somebody while doing it,(Cheshire anybody??)....DEATH!!!!

Quit coddling criminals Connecticut!

Wake up!
SignofTheTime

Hartford, CT

#5 Feb 8, 2009
Thanks...I forgot to add the Death Penalty. I agree. That's bundled into Liberal policies. Notice the house was near the New Britain line.
LockNLoad

Hartford, CT

#6 Feb 8, 2009
We have two gun stores in town. Time to make the trip. I'd rather not be another dead victim attacked by some guy who our state say's was a troubled youth. Who cares, it's either me or him, and it will be him. I'm not sying to go overboard like Paul Kersey in Death Wish, but it's time to excercise our right to bear arms.
Omar Bobo

AOL

#7 Feb 8, 2009
Connecticut is a GREAT place for home invasions because most people don't own guns.

As the economy worsens we can look forward to to much more of this type of criminal activity.

Kevin

San Francisco, CA

#8 Feb 8, 2009
You people are unbelievable! Violence begets violence. No one, including the State, has the right to kill. This was a deplorable crime. Let the police investigate,the district attorney prosecute, and the courts pass sentence. Leave the moronic vigilantes, and their simple-minded audience, to the movies.
yup

Rocky Hill, CT

#9 Feb 8, 2009
And to make room for these real criminals, end the practice of jailing people for smoking marijuana. What a waste of jail cells.
Dave

Newington, CT

#10 Feb 8, 2009
Kevin wrote:
You people are unbelievable! Violence begets violence. No one, including the State, has the right to kill. This was a deplorable crime. Let the police investigate,the district attorney prosecute, and the courts pass sentence. Leave the moronic vigilantes, and their simple-minded audience, to the movies.
Who said anything about being a vigilante? If somebody breaks into your house, and you're home, you should be able to shoot them, no questions asked. The fact that you can't in some states is deplorable in my book.
Sam

Newington, CT

#11 Feb 8, 2009
LockNLoad wrote:
We have two gun stores in town. Time to make the trip. I'd rather not be another dead victim attacked by some guy who our state say's was a troubled youth. Who cares, it's either me or him, and it will be him. I'm not sying to go overboard like Paul Kersey in Death Wish, but it's time to excercise our right to bear arms.
Remember if your going to shot someone when they break into you home, shot to kill, you'll have enough trouble with law "enforcement" and legal system, no sense in having a crook set on revenge too. Also, an old used knife would help you case of found in the perps hand. make sure it doesn't match any of yours.

But seriously, the castle doctrine is a valid defense

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine
Sam

Newington, CT

#12 Feb 8, 2009
it's all covered under CHAPTER 951*
PENAL CODE: STATUTORY CONSTRUCTION;
PRINCIPLES OF CRIMINAL LIABILITY in the GENERAL STATUTES OF CONNECTICUT

Sec. 53a-20. Use of physical force in defense of premises. A person in possession or control of premises, or a person who is licensed or privileged to be in or upon such premises, is justified in using reasonable physical force upon another person when and to the extent that he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by such other person in or upon such premises; but he may use deadly physical force under such circumstances only (1) in defense of a person as prescribed in section 53a-19, or (2) when he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent an attempt by the trespasser to commit arson or any crime of violence, or (3) to the extent that he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate an unlawful entry by force into his dwelling as defined in section 53a-100, or place of work, and for the sole purpose of such prevention or termination.

you broke in, I shot you.. your dead and I am free (to the extent that he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate an unlawful entry by force into his dwelling)
GEO

Newington, CT

#13 Feb 8, 2009
Kevin wrote:
While I dont condone Revenge killing - I do feel that if its me and my family or some criminal comming in my house. I pick me and my familys life any day! Sorry but I dont want to become a statistic for the Anti-Gun Liberlas to use. Id rather be alive thank you. We have dangerous predators here in Conn - Lets face the fact and not Ignore it please.
Anne

AOL

#14 Feb 8, 2009
Forget the guns. Get a bazooka!
the Badger

United States

#15 Feb 8, 2009
I was talking to someone about this just this morning in 7-11 and I agree with you completely. One of our local cops told us to get a can of WASP spray, if you are afraid to own a gun (as I am). It will blind someone immediately and can be shot from 30ft away. Or, my favorite is, keep an electric chainsaw plugged in at all times, within easy reach. The sound of that should make them run. Just a couple of thoughts.
Omar Bobo wrote:
Connecticut is a GREAT place for home invasions because most people don't own guns.
As the economy worsens we can look forward to to much more of this type of criminal activity.
GEO

Newington, CT

#16 Feb 8, 2009
Sam wrote:
it's all covered under CHAPTER 951*
PENAL CODE: STATUTORY CONSTRUCTION;
PRINCIPLES OF CRIMINAL LIABILITY in the GENERAL STATUTES OF CONNECTICUT
Sec. 53a-20. Use of physical force in defense of premises. A person in possession or control of premises, or a person who is licensed or privileged to be in or upon such premises, is justified in using reasonable physical force upon another person when and to the extent that he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by such other person in or upon such premises; but he may use deadly physical force under such circumstances only (1) in defense of a person as prescribed in section 53a-19, or (2) when he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent an attempt by the trespasser to commit arson or any crime of violence, or (3) to the extent that he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate an unlawful entry by force into his dwelling as defined in section 53a-100, or place of work, and for the sole purpose of such prevention or termination.
you broke in, I shot you.. your dead and I am free (to the extent that he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate an unlawful entry by force into his dwelling)
Many of ACLU Lawyers attack our Law, They find people that say what a good person they were and they would never harm anyone. Such a good Family Guy was the last one I heard about a home invader! Lol
Stan Simpson is an idiot

West Hartford, CT

#17 Feb 8, 2009
Next time she will give the Dominos delivery guy a better tip!
Hang em High

New Hartford, CT

#18 Feb 8, 2009
I saw this in Northern Ireland in the 1980's with the IRA vs the Protestants:

catch em the act and then get your neighbors and a long rope from the garage. Hang the bad guy from a tall tree and just leave him there for all the other bad guys to see.

Then tar and feather the first puke liberal who calls you a vigilante.

Time to take our towns back.
Hang em High!!!!!!!!!!
Luke

United States

#19 Feb 8, 2009
SignofTheTime wrote:
Thanks...I forgot to add the Death Penalty. I agree. That's bundled into Liberal policies. Notice the house was near the New Britain line.
Newington, what a dump !..Notice the crime was in Newington and not New Britain which is much safer then Newington
Occasional Blogger

New Britain, CT

#20 Feb 8, 2009
I agree with about everyone except Kevin. The cops aren't doing their jobs and the lawyers don't want their clients numbers decreased and deplete their revenue. The judges are a joke as they are too liberal. The criminals get a slap on the hand. In China these folks would be Organ Donors by now. The criminals have all the rights and the victims have none. Even in a murder, the murderer gets to choose a lawyer. The murder victim has to have a State Attorney because it's a "crime against the State".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manchester Residents Furious About House For Se... Oct 8 Resident 1
Office Depot Closing Both Metro Hartford Locations Oct 3 West Coast OD emp... 2
Wethersfield woman gangstalked (Sep '09) Oct 1 Anthony Wall 126
It's a rude and immature generation (Jan '14) Oct 1 Anthony Wall 5
Cheshire Police Blotter: Aug. 19-24 (Aug '13) Oct 1 roas 6
Gangstalking and Harassment (Jan '13) Sep 25 A Special Place I... 328
Trail Has Bad End (Nov '07) Sep 23 John Wilkinson 52
Rocky Hill Dating
Find my Match

Rocky Hill Jobs