State Representative Won't Be Charged...

State Representative Won't Be Charged In Woman's Death

There are 86 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jun 18, 2009, titled State Representative Won't Be Charged In Woman's Death. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

State Rep. James O'Rourke was angry. First, an acquaintance, Carol Sinisgalli, got into his car uninvited after getting into a fight at a bar, he told police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Nicholas

Glastonbury, CT

#1 Jun 18, 2009
There may not be enough to charge him but his story has so many holes in it. What a terrible guy. Hopefully the voters in his district will realize this and vote the bum out. It seems like he has every intention of continuing.
krivet

West Hartford, CT

#2 Jun 18, 2009
he is a murderer.
george

Pepperell, MA

#3 Jun 18, 2009
Like I said, there was no crime. Drunk and psychologically unstable woman jumps out of a car in freezing weather. But you can bet this rag was pushing for an indictment!
Jeff

Wallingford, CT

#5 Jun 18, 2009
The Ted Kennedy of Cromwell. How is it Republicans have an affair, they resign jobs. Democrats have an affair, the women dies and they go scott free.....
Rita

New Britain, CT

#6 Jun 18, 2009
O'Rourke may be not be charged with criminal wrong-doing, but morally he used very poor judgment and should resign. I also hope the voters do not forget this incident when he comes up for re-election.
The Law

Cambridge, MA

#7 Jun 18, 2009
A woman with cocaine in her system attacks a guy in a wheelchair and five other bar patrons. Jumps in a guy's car and he tries to help her get home. She jumps out of his car near her home. How is O'Rourke responsible? Their is no duty under the law to help. He was trying to do the right thing. The RHPD conducts not an investigation but a crucifixon. With the help of a journalist they concot a story to crucify Mr. O'Rourke. The woman's family should sue the cops for dragging their daughters name through the mud. If they did the right thing this would have been over months ago. Ms. Dempsey along with the police lied to the public. They should be fired. I have an arguement for both sides. But the prosecutors did the right thing. Don't try to help anyone in Rocky Hill you will be charged.
RHPD

Cambridge, MA

#8 Jun 18, 2009
The cop who led the investigation was Lt. Herbst. He turned in his own dept in 1987 for racism. He hates the system. Google his name and you can read the case. This guy should have been fired years ago. He was feeding The Courant a bunch of lies. The family should sue Herbst. He used this case for his own agenda.
Colon McEnroe

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#9 Jun 18, 2009
george wrote:
Like I said, there was no crime. Drunk and psychologically unstable woman jumps out of a car in freezing weather. But you can bet this rag was pushing for an indictment!
It says there wasn't enough conclusive evidence to charge him, that doesn't mean he didn't committ a crime.
Arbella

Cambridge, MA

#10 Jun 18, 2009
It is a sad story. I feel that Rep O'Rourke is a good man. Sometimes when you try to help things turn bad. My prayers are with the family. Let her rest in peace.
Cambridge, MA

#11 Jun 18, 2009
Remember when you say bad things about someone it usually comes back to haunt you in the long run. A terrible tragedy. This did not have to be front page material. Eventually the people who used this to exploit their agenda will have bad luck in the future. History seems to repeat itself.
Resign Now

United States

#12 Jun 18, 2009
Another politician caught with his hand in the cookie jar, or in this case, the cookie.

Please resign now for the sake of the citizens of CT.
Designated Driver

Cambridge, MA

#13 Jun 18, 2009
I won't be helping anyone anymore after they crucified Mr. O'Rourke. What were the Rocky Hill Police thinking or smoking charging him with a crime. Now everyone that knows this story will decline to drive any one home. You will see more fatalities and innocent people being killed. I can hear people now. Remember that guy in Rocky Hill who was crucified. I am not getting involved. It is not my business.
STUCK IN CT

West Hartford, CT

#14 Jun 18, 2009
just like roland, another entitled state worker..typical democrat..
Sue

United States

#15 Jun 18, 2009
What bars is O'Rourke hanging around now? I want to be sure to avoid them.
James

Glastonbury, CT

#16 Jun 18, 2009
The Law wrote:
A woman with cocaine in her system attacks a guy in a wheelchair and five other bar patrons. Jumps in a guy's car and he tries to help her get home. She jumps out of his car near her home. How is O'Rourke responsible? Their is no duty under the law to help. He was trying to do the right thing. The RHPD conducts not an investigation but a crucifixon. With the help of a journalist they concot a story to crucify Mr. O'Rourke. The woman's family should sue the cops for dragging their daughters name through the mud. If they did the right thing this would have been over months ago. Ms. Dempsey along with the police lied to the public. They should be fired. I have an arguement for both sides. But the prosecutors did the right thing. Don't try to help anyone in Rocky Hill you will be charged.
The night after this happen and before he came forward, O'Rourke was hanging out at the same bar having a few pops like nothing happened. He is one of the lowest life forms. I hope his wife and the voters both dump the bum.

O'Rourke got lucky because the video tap couldn't be enhanced, the foot prints couldn't be caste, and the police choose not to include the comments of the other bar patrons.
You gotta be _--___-- me

Bristol, CT

#17 Jun 18, 2009
If that was your daughter, sister, or loved one I KNOW you would have wanted O'Rourke to ATLEAST call the local police after she left his car!
COME ON GET REAL!
The Law wrote:
Bubba

United States

#18 Jun 18, 2009
Not calling the Police was a chicken scratch thing to do...He didn't want his name involved with having a drunk cocaine high woman in his car...ORourkes car has automatic locks...When you get in and put it in gear the doors lock automatically...No way this broad jumped in without him having the intention of getting him some easy Lovin...He had to unlock the doors for her to get in...

It sounds like ORourke is a graduate of the Ted Kennedy School Of Democratic Carousing while being a Politician. Too many things here just don't add up...Oh well, the Democrats will prbably run this clown for Governor or President!
TUT

United States

#19 Jun 18, 2009
Thought it was his lucky night!!! Wrong.
Immorality

East Windsor, CT

#20 Jun 18, 2009
Immorality speaking:
She is intoxicated I can take advantage of her, where is she going without her coat or shoes in this cold weather. Should I or shouldn't I call the police and report this immediately. I drank too much and have cocaine in my system, probably get in trouble myself for drunk driving and drugs.
Forget it go home now (flee NOW)
Decent human being:
Call police immediately, no matter what, especially for a woman
Conscience speaking:
One day I will answer for this crime of neglect towards another human being
I could have and should have helped her.
karin h

Enfield, CT

#21 Jun 18, 2009
agreed that no criminal charges could be filed, however, there is a moral and responsible way of handling situations that was overlooked.

Poor judgemment at the minimum, and i wouldn't want his actions on my conscience

This is not a leader, he does not deserve his leadership post back and should lose his job in the next election.

Since the police were already called, with a 2-3 minute response time, why did he leave the bar at all.

Perhaps he was afraid of being tested for substances. His actions were not that of a reasonable adult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drivers in rocky hill Aug 3 Joni 2
Review: Floors Now (Aug '11) Jul '16 Mrs Iacobucci 3
PZC meeting on firearms store Jul '16 Dogmother 2
News Man Charged In Slashing, Leading Police On Chase May '16 Sheri 1
News Tweedie And Diminico Face Off Again In 13 t h H... May '16 Sheri 1
Review: Cote's Landscaping & Lawn Service LLC. May '16 jhovs10 1
Whitney Beth Raymer May '16 concerned 1

Rocky Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance