Beware Auto Warranty Pitches On Phone

Beware Auto Warranty Pitches On Phone

There are 26 comments on the Hartford Courant story from May 4, 2008, titled Beware Auto Warranty Pitches On Phone. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Those ceaseless, computer-generated calls that try to get you to sign up for some must-have extended auto warranty have become more than just annoying.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Against These Crooks

United States

#21 Aug 28, 2008
After reading this forum, I became curious and began searching the internet for "Jim Vandiver" and various other key words, including "warranty" and "dealer services."

I found this post where he admits to using cocaine:
http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/t/9456.a...

I guess that is why he is so paranoid!

[email protected] .net”

Since: Jul 08

Hartford, CT

#22 Sep 7, 2008
Travis T OJustice wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a 12 year old daughter who finds great sport in keeping telemarketers on the phone as long as possible. She begged me not to go ont he do not call list. She comes up with some amazingly funny stuff, and can hook these schlocks for a hlaf hour plus.
LOL. Yes, we do the same thing. My son likes to put on a heavy foreign accent and play along with them.
clive

United States

#23 Sep 7, 2008
Leo wrote:
I also recieve these anoying phone calls. You can be sure I will now put down as much info as I can on them. Why can't they invent a block for phone calls you don't want, like on the internet- just block the sender! Allways follow your articles George, once again thank you!
Check your local phone company they have had a service called call blocker, you can also get a device that id's the number, you don't the caller your don't answer, they also have privacy manager, calls with no name are refused, check with your local phone company. I do recieve the calls, check my caller ID and if I do not know the caller I never answer, I figure if it's important the call will leave a message, if not the call was worthless not worthy of my time. I have it set up so I don't even have to get up, my phone tells me who is calling, if it's family or friend I'll answer other than that forget about it. Great feature for those being hounded by the collection agency as well.
Cypherxncc

Wentzville, MO

#24 Sep 9, 2008
All of that is about to change. I use to work in the Mall, then one day I was told not to come in. We left the job site and haven't been back since. I think they must have filed chapter 11. Hopefully they were smart enough to stock pile their money overseas. Chances are they will just find another investment partner who could start up another warranty company...Then they will be right back to screwing little old ladies out of their retirement for their personal gain. God Bless America!
Tork

Plymouth, MN

#25 Nov 7, 2008
Obvious crooks, clearly willing to steal money without particular regard for whether their victims can afford it. They aren't likely to stop at much; they have no apparent morals. They *probably* won't find it worth their while to track down people who are hassling them and do anything to them, but why take unnecessary chances?
Jim Dover

Saint Peters, MO

#26 Jul 8, 2009
I found Mr. Atkinson commenting on another Auto Warranty Company called Stop Repair Bills.com Check out the testimonial Guy looks very familiar.

http://www.stoprepairbills.com/testimonials.p...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top of June's lottery winners: Milford man gets... Aug 7 WorkAvoider 11
B & D Automotive in Newington Connecticut (Apr '14) May '17 Maurice Sandloff 3
B & D Auto, Inc. Newington, Connecticut May '17 Maurice Sandloff 1
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Apr '17 Paul Kersey 14
News 'Second Chance' Ends In Arrest (Feb '08) Apr '17 Fuckoff 13
News Five Key Points From Hartford's Budget Proposal Apr '17 IdiotCamp 1
Snow plowing Mar '17 Joanie 1

Rocky Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rocky Hill Mortgages