File photo of the Stop & Shop in Rocky Hill in Nov. 2005.

Feb 21, 2010 Full story: The Hartford Courant

About 500 unionized Stop & Shop workers in Connecticut this morning authorized a strike, but the union said there will be no walkout for at least another week.

Full Story
No Problem

Middletown, CT

#1 Feb 22, 2010
I rarely go to the Stop & Shop in Rocky Hill, as I am a devoted Whole Foods shopper. However a few weeks ago I went there to buy a gift card. Augh, let them strike. Close the whole store down. Surly cashiers, employees unable to help at the customer service desk, I was sorry I went there. They should model themselves after Whole Foods where all the cashiers are happy, friendly and helpful. It sounds like the union is asking for ridiculous things anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mix-And-Match Home Design (Mar '08) Fri William Walker 2
Middletown Police Handcuff 10-Year Old Girl Dur... Dec 18 I call cops Pigs 1
In Connecticut, No Violence, But Dismay At Even... Dec 9 Pig Hunter 1
B & D Automotive in Newington Connecticut Nov 20 Marc Dworsky 1
Drunken Driver Nearly Hits Police Car, Glastonb... Nov 19 ms clinton 2
Newington preschooler left on school bus, again (Sep '08) Nov '14 TaXed In Newington 31
Hartford Prostitution Stings Leads To 17 Arrests (Sep '13) Sep '14 Anthony Wall 5
Rocky Hill Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rocky Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rocky Hill News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rocky Hill

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:14 pm PST