#2205 Jul 15, 2014
Jon Carter. Young, bright and ready to go!!!!----RBayne
Past Election

Atlanta, GA

#2206 Jul 16, 2014
Churlish Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Embarrassment Lester Maddox no longer walks Georgia or earth.
-
Thank you Jeebus
-
Lester Maddox was actually a pretty good governor for the state of Georgia. Like most white Georgians he fought segregation in the 50"s but then changed his mind. I personally always thought he was a better governor than Jimmy Carter.

When Jimmy Carter was governor Lester Maddox was the lieutenant governor. They never got along. In Maddox's office you could get his free "This is Maddox Country" signs which used to dot the state. I carried kids to the state capital for a tour and several of them got the signs. Jimmy Carter refused to come out and meet the kids due to several of them having the signs which I thought was pretty petty. I voted for Carter his first run for governor but never again after that event for elected office. I met his son Chip a few times and was not impressed.

So one vote for a Carter once, never again no matter which one is running.
Past Election

Atlanta, GA

#2207 Jul 16, 2014
R Bayne Stone wrote:
R Bayne are you officially retired from politics? If so you need to write a book you have had a colorful career. Your relationship with Tommy Kersey in the past is interesting.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#2208 Jul 16, 2014
A little food for thought when going to the polls....great info to arm yourself and to ask the tough questions of our elected officials!

http://thegeorgiaguidestones.com/Billions_for...
what

Ellijay, GA

#2209 Jul 16, 2014
DEAL
HADS

Madison, TN

#2211 Sep 4, 2014
NATHAN DEAL
Darryl Moler

Ellijay, GA

#2212 Sep 4, 2014
Jason Carter has got my vote. We need to remove the current Gov. Deal before he causes Georgia any more embarrassment and millions of dollars in fines and settlements due to his dishonesty and lack of ethics.
The WB

Dahlonega, GA

#2213 Sep 4, 2014
Darryl Moler wrote:
Jason Carter has got my vote. We need to remove the current Gov. Deal before he causes Georgia any more embarrassment and millions of dollars in fines and settlements due to his dishonesty and lack of ethics.
What exactly has he cost Georgia? Embarrassment? Jason's gramps who is the main fundraiser for Carter's campaign is busy raising money for terrorist organizations. How embarrassing is that?
Ron

Blairsville, GA

#2214 Sep 8, 2014
Anyone but Deal, after he sat there and allowed a Dawson County Sheriff's deputy to physically abuse a female reporter then said and did nothing I lost respect for him and the Attorney General Olens and the Ins. Commisioner who started it. The Male reporter sitting behind her doing the same thing she was, Brian Pritchard, captured it all and has a great take on it; dailykos.com . Stay out of Dawsonville. I am ashamed to live in GA.

“The ORIGINAL ONE & ONLY”

Since: Jul 13

Feardevil, GA

#2215 Sep 8, 2014
R Bayne Stone wrote:
Kiss my azz you crook.
News Flash

Dahlonega, GA

#2216 Sep 9, 2014
HowWellIKnow

Dalton, GA

#2217 Sep 9, 2014
Ron wrote:
Anyone but Deal, after he sat there and allowed a Dawson County Sheriff's deputy to physically abuse a female reporter then said and did nothing I lost respect for him and the Attorney General Olens and the Ins. Commisioner who started it. The Male reporter sitting behind her doing the same thing she was, Brian Pritchard, captured it all and has a great take on it; dailykos.com . Stay out of Dawsonville. I am ashamed to live in GA.
Feel free to leave! We don't need another Carter in the Governor's office.
He's an Obama lover just like Michelle Nunn. Both are making political hay
over their family name. Nothing more. Spoiled, rich sheeple, they are!
Buh Bye Ron

Lawrenceville, GA

#2219 Sep 12, 2014
Ron wrote:
Your only source is dailykos.com ? You need to leave Georgia, as your part of the reason we are near the bottom in education. Do you drink Koolaid while reading the dailykos.com website? Buh bye, Ron!
brasstown

Hayesville, NC

#2220 Sep 13, 2014
Buh Bye Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Your only source is dailykos.com ? You need to leave Georgia, as your part of the reason we are near the bottom in education. Do you drink Koolaid while reading the dailykos.com website? Buh bye, Ron!
People who say buh bye are mostly ineffectual when the heat comes down, I know, they were part of my supporters once upon a time-I just bought into their image-sad sad on my part.
The WB

Dahlonega, GA

#2221 Sep 15, 2014
Carter’s entire campaign is focused on adding $1 billion in education funding. And he says he’ll do it without raising taxes… right now. Carter claims to cut the “giant amount of waste” in state government. But what did Carter propose as a State Senator to cut wasteful spending in the state budget?

Nothing. That’s right, as a State Senator, Carter didn’t offer one cut to wasteful spending. Zero record. Zero credibility.
JayPo

Buford, GA

#2222 Sep 21, 2014
Not Carter. More education spending? Public education secures jobs for the Left.6913
cut to the chase

Fitzgerald, GA

#2223 Sep 22, 2014
Television ads are always slanted. Deal is under investigation. That is a fact. Georgia voters are becoming more moderate simply because there is an influx on new Georgians who don't hold with the old South views or prejudices.
Just a Thought

Jefferson, GA

#2224 Sep 23, 2014
I thought it funny that Deal made a big point of telling how many jobs he has brought to Georgia and then when the unemployment figures came out he was hollering and screaming that they weren't right. Carter will win not because he is the best man for the job but because he is the only alternative to Deal.
old timer

Hayesville, NC

#2225 Sep 23, 2014
Ron wrote:
Then move....
General Sherman

Schenectady, NY

#2226 Sep 23, 2014
You all better clean up your act down here.'ve helped quite a few southerners assimilate into contemporary society. I'm a nice guy like that

1. Georgia
> Overall grade: F (49%)
> Public access to information: F
> Legislative accountability: F
> Political financing: F
> Ethics enforcement agencies: F

Georgia has the worst levels of corruption risk and lack of accountability of any state in the country. The state scored a D or worse in 12 of the 14 categories. The state’s biggest problem is the absence of a strong ethics enforcement agency. Republican governor Sonny Perdue managed to get an ethics bill through the legislature, but by the time it passed, his proposals to ban gifts to state workers and clearly define appropriate campaign spending had been stripped out. According to State Integrity reporter Jim Walls, while Georgia has provisions to prevent certain kinds of corruption in campaign finance and lobbying, the state is full of unaddressed loopholes and lax enforcement.“About 2,000 Georgia officials, including one in five sitting legislators, have failed to pay penalties for filing their disclosures late, or not at all.”

Michael B. Sauter, Charles B. Stockdale

http://247wallst.com/special-report/2012/03/2...

http://www.mikelynaugh.com/VirtualCivilWar/Ne...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky Ford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gyms in Statesboro that don't require a membership Nov 3 Kate 1
washer Nov 1 wezzie29910 1
johns place for addiction (please help) Sep '14 JOHNSPLACE 1
South Forsyth High remembers late alum Sep '14 sandrad 1
Horny women in Millen. Aug '14 Don 2
Review: Tiny Tots Jun '14 Kristen 1
Speeding Tickets in Rockyford (Aug '12) Sep '12 Harley Al 2
Rocky Ford Dating
Find my Match

Rocky Ford People Search