Review: Tiny Tots
Kristen

Statesboro, GA

#1 Jun 25, 2014
At first Tiny Tots seemed like a dream come true for my 2 boys (age 1.5 and 7). Both of my kids absolutely LOVED it and so did I. However, as summer came my husband (never myself) was called at least once a week to come pick up our 1.5 year old due to fever. He'd rush to get him and would bring him home to check his temp (even started using multiple thermometers) and would find that his temp was normal and that he seemed to feel fine. Also, they always removed my 1.5 year olds socks and shoes, which is unsanitary, and many times they they would send home the wrong child's socks in his bag (and yesterday this was was blamed on my 7 year old - because clearly it was HIS responsibility to keep up with his little brother's socks....?) While annoying, we were still satisfied with the care. One day my 7 year old informed me that Tracey (one of the directors) told him that he needed to be on medication. This made me furious as just a few weeks beforehand she was asking me for advice on medicating her own child. I have a BS in psychology, but that is the extent of my knowledge on ADHD medications. My son was prescribed Vyvanse to use for school only, not on weekends/school breaks. It was in no way her place to tell my 7 year old child that he needed medication, and I let her know how unhappy I was about the clear overstepping of her bounds. We started looking for different options and got my youngest enrolled at Super Kids, so we gave Tiny Tots his 2 week notice, and they basically kicked my 7 year old out (we were not happy about it but we're planning on keeping him there the remainder of the summer and he would be going to the after school program when school started back). So we scrambled to find care for my 7 year old also. Friday (coming up) was supposed to be their last day at Tiny Tots. However the events that have taken place cut that short. Last week my husband was sent a text stating that our 1.5 year old had an upset tummy. My husband was on a service call, and could not check his messages at the time. When he did, it had been about 2 hours after it was sent. In those 2 hours neither Kim nor Tracey attempted to call my cell, my job, or text my cell. Kim called me right after my husband called me to let me know that he had just got a text. 2 hours. Why was I not informed? So when my husband got there, my child was sitting in a soiled diaper, he got him home and his privates were blistered! Tiny tots was provided with 2 tubes of diaper rash cream - there was NO excuse! When I got home from work and saw his bottom, I cried! It was awful and he was in so much pain! I hated to send my kids back, but at such short notice, I had no choice. Then yesterday (Tuesday) was the nail in their coffin. First, Kim sent home a letter stating that we owed $230 and if it was not paid by today (Wednesday), they could not return. This was asinine to us since we always paid on time. When we first started with Tiny Tots we explained how our payment schedules would work and always held to it.... they were scheduled to get paid on this coming Monday (June 30th). However, the letter meant nothing when my 7 year old informed me that he was told (and did) clean the bathroom!! He was asked if he would like a "privilege", of course said yes and was told that cleaning the restroom was his "privilege". I was LIVID! I still am! Who in their right mind gives a CHILD (whom they are being paid to take CARE of) cleaning supplies that clearly state KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN?! I went to pick up my children's things today and to express my displeasure with Kim and/or Tracey, but as usual, neither were present, so I spoke to Kim on the phone and, of course, her only concern was whether or not they would be receiving payment for the week. Disgusting. I would discourage ANYONE from taking their children here. It has been a complete nightmare and I am so relieved that it is finally over!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocky Ford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff's captain charged with vehicular homicide (Sep '08) Jun 28 Anonymous 20
Sewage plant Jun '16 PEUW 1
Statesboro UPC Church Is On Fire (Nov '15) Jun '16 His2Luv 4
What is going on at City Hall Jun '16 A-non-e-moose 1
Review: The Brannen Law Office, P.C. Jun '16 Changed 1
News Claxton councilman indicted on drug charges (Jan '09) May '16 jamie 8
Repent Governor Repent Apr '16 Ex Tobacco Buyer 3

Rocky Ford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rocky Ford Mortgages