McDonalds in Rockwood?
curious

Nashville, TN

#21 Feb 16, 2012
Where is the mcdonalds going to be located?
Tn kid

Knoxville, TN

#22 Feb 16, 2012
its gonna be up their buy walmart
Rockwood Citizen

Winchester, TN

#23 Feb 18, 2012
gomer wrote:
we are getting McDonalds in Rockwood, Rockwood is growing regardless of the Evans trying to tear Rockwood down. the city council is working to improve Rockwood.
Hey Gomer,
The Evans are the only ones trying to fix Rockwood you stupid idiot, wake up and smell the coffee dumb a--, the Mayor and his cronies are the ones bringing this town down, He is the one who payed Rod King $75K to take a hike when he should had been fired and he is the one who ran the business that tried to come to town but didn't get the votes cause of the Mayor's crookedness. Wake up dumb a--., don't know what you are smoking but most of Rockwood is on it too apparently.
rockwood

Fort Campbell, TN

#24 Feb 18, 2012
well maybe there are reasons other fast food joints don't want to come here, atleast McD's will bring jobs,city and county taxes, so this is better than nothing at this point.
YumYum

United States

#25 Feb 19, 2012
Just what we need, another damn McDonald's. One just up the road 3 miles away. Has anyone ever heard of a Burger King? Rockwood needs a McDonals in it like it needs another airport. But look on the bright side of it. All the fat lazy a$$ people that's going to be living in the new low income housing right beside it won't have far to walk to get their BigMacs will they?
Abc

Nashville, TN

#26 Feb 20, 2012
YumYum wrote:
Just what we need, another damn McDonald's. One just up the road 3 miles away. Has anyone ever heard of a Burger King? Rockwood needs a McDonals in it like it needs another airport. But look on the bright side of it. All the fat lazy a$$ people that's going to be living in the new low income housing right beside it won't have far to walk to get their BigMacs will they?
Just like we have a subway on gateway then one at walmart. To close when we could of used a chickfalay..
2cents

Antioch, TN

#27 Feb 20, 2012
YumYum wrote:
The fast food industry uses a complex form of demographics when they decide to build a resturant now look at Rockwood there is no way in hell Burger King or Arbys or any other going to build here the market just won't support them
Citizen

Knoxville, TN

#28 Feb 20, 2012
2 Cents...You are absolutely right. Most of these chains depend on Interstate traffic as do Motels. Rockwood is too far from the interstate traffic and locals will not support it.
BigBear

United States

#29 Jul 5, 2012
The old Citgo station is going to be a Little Ceasers
Big Chief Slap a Ho

Kingsport, TN

#30 Jul 8, 2012
If a McDonalds goes there it will need double the handicap spots of a normal McDonalds for all the "handicapped" citizens of Rockwood. The place should rock at the beginning of the month and after it's been open for a few months there will be "help wanted" signs which will never be taken down. It's great that the obese blubber monsters won't have to drive their battered, hubcapless, domestic cars all the all to the interstate to soak up a normal person's caloric intake for week in just one sitting. Woohoo, go Rockwood!
Jenni-pur

Greer, SC

#31 Jul 8, 2012
disappointed wrote:
Why does rockwood try to bring in more fastfood places?It looks like they would try to bring in more industry instead. How is people gonna be able to eat at these places without other jobs being out there. It just takes what little is out there and divides it between all of them and then some of the other stores have to shut down. Just dosnt make sense to me!!!!
Usually other businesses follow micky d's...although a chic fil a would be better...or arbys
Big Chief Slap a Ho

Kingsport, TN

#32 Jul 9, 2012
Rockwood does not meet the demographic for a Chic Fil A. Now a pain management clinic, that's a whole different story.
lil mama wolf

Fort Campbell, TN

#33 Jul 11, 2012
I dnt eat McD's or any othr fastfoods, but am for bus in our town: my question is 'if' McD's is building nfrnt of Walmart does that mean Walmart would stay where it is at nstead of a posbl move to Midtown?
& is there an exit plannd off I40 directly nto Rockwood? or is that rumor..
So FORTH

Knoxville, TN

#34 Jul 11, 2012
McDonalds is building in front of Wal-Mart. WalMart just spent a couple of million dollars on remodeling, they aren't going ANYWHERE, especially a couple of miles up the road. And an exit is being studies off of 140 into Rockwood.
D Time

United States

#36 Jul 11, 2012
Walmart did just spent sum money but that doesn't mean anything. If you check how they do it it's always just a few miles up r down the road y do u think we have all those empty Walmart buildings from Harriman to Rockwood they r looking at a few places in midtown so don't b surprised when they move again it is time for it check it out for yourself.
in favor of Mcdonalds

Oak Ridge, TN

#37 Jul 19, 2012
YumYum wrote:
Excuse me, but you should be glad there is a business that wants to come into Rockwood and open up. Whether it's a Mcdonalds, or another company, its bringing in money and trying to keep business going to Rockwood. At least Mcdonalds owner thought about buying land there.. i don't see any other business trying to do that.
in favor of Mcdonalds

Oak Ridge, TN

#38 Jul 19, 2012
who's not to say that mcdonalds won't eventually open up in other cities? like Midtown, i mean, there's only a subway in every city.
Looking forward to a arby

Rockwood, TN

#39 Sep 28, 2012
there is going to be a arbys down by walmart..... They are breaking ground for it. Walmart manager said so
Josh

United States

#40 Sep 30, 2012
Looking forward to a arby wrote:
there is going to be a arbys down by walmart..... They are breaking ground for it. Walmart manager said so
I'll believe it when the break ground
Not an Arbys

Harriman, TN

#41 Oct 2, 2012
I work near Walmart. It was known it was going to be a McDonald's for a while, except for the dumbasses that work at Walmart that thought it was going to be an Arby's or a few others that I heard.
That said, Arby's would be so much better. Heaven forbid all the lazy ass Rockwoodians have to drive five miles up the road to Harriman to get their shitty McDonalds food.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy Lynn goad (Feb '15) Sat Anonymously 22
Landon wolfe (Jul '17) Sat Rockwood 24
I'm marrying Sara Phillips Sat who cares 2
warren dyer (Nov '13) Fri Settleup 29
hard to find school money? Fri RainieDae92 1
Whys my girl Haley Green still in the pokey (Jun '17) Thu Jordan 31
Benny East must not be re-elected Thu Vote for Benny East 5

Rockwood Jobs

Personal Finance

Rockwood Mortgages