FortheBoys

Nashville, TN

#69 Mar 10, 2012
Oh,
There are three answers to your question.
#1 Lets use capstan for example. Express pays a flat 10$ to a temp there. Capstan pays its employees that have tested into the press department 14-21$ per hour depending on qualifications. Simple math will show you that 14$-10$ is 4$, and 21$-10$ is eleven dollars. That's 4$ per hour at minimum and eleven dollars maximum.SO THE TEMP AGENCY KEEPS ALL THE MONEY THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY PAID, ON TOP OF THE 10$, UNTIL THE TIME (IF AND WHEN) THE TEMP IS HIRED ON FULL TIME. AT THAT TIME THE TEMP SERVICE IS OUT OF THE LOOP AND THE WORKER IS CONTRACTED WITH THE COMPANY AND IS PAID REGULAR HOURLY WAGE.
#2 Express doesn't just keep part of the normal hourly wage, they charge a predetermined, at times undisclosed fee. These fees can range from 2-10$ dollars per hour on top of the hourly wage. This fee is for the supply of a constant new influx of no strings attached labor. SO THE TEMP AGENCY KEEPS ALL THE MONEY THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY PAID, ON TOP OF THE 10$, UNTIL THE TIME (IF AND WHEN) THE TEMP IS HIRED ON FULL TIME. AT THAT TIME THE TEMP SERVICE IS OUT OF THE LOOP AND THE WORKER IS CONTRACTED WITH THE COMPANY AND IS PAID REGULAR HOURLY WAGE.
#3 Now that we have determined that express makes money off of employees per hour, and or an elevated rate so the company assumes no liability. The last way that they make money off of the employee is that they charge a fee if a temp worker is hired by the company.
For example: An employee is hired by Alba Health in two months and the normal contract states they must keep them as a temp for no less than three months before hiring them as a company employee.
Now that we understand that the more employees dont get hired on, the more money express makes off of them. This Creates what is called a Diametrically Opposed Relationship. That means that the temp worker's best interest,(who wants to get hired on full time)is opposite to the temp service (the longer they stay a temp the more money the temp service makes).
The temp agency Installs a buyout clause in the contract with the company they rent people to. This clause in the contract is an acceleration clause that will obligate the company to pay a premium for hiring the temp worker full time before the contract matures.(This clause is much like a clause in a real estate contract that is called a specific performance clause). It basically states that if the company hires tries to hire they temp before the temp agency makes all of its money pimping out the employee then the company will have to buyout the whole, or a portion of the contract is has with the temp agency. SO THE TEMP AGENCY KEEPS ALL THE MONEY THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY PAID, ON TOP OF THE 10$, UNTIL THE TIME (IF AND WHEN) THE TEMP IS HIRED ON FULL TIME. AT THAT TIME THE TEMP SERVICE IS OUT OF THE LOOP AND THE WORKER IS CONTRACTED WITH THE COMPANY AND IS PAID REGULAR HOURLY WAGE.
In summary, we have examined where the money goes, who makes what, and what happens if the temp gets hired on full time.
All of these answers can be google searched and proven. If you would like to check any of these statements i encourage you to do so. NOW WE KNOW WHERE THE MONEY WENT. THE TEMP AGENCY KEEPS ALL THE MONEY THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY PAID, ON TOP OF THE 10$, UNTIL THE TIME (IF AND WHEN) THE TEMP IS HIRED ON FULL TIME. THEN IF TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE THE COMPANY MUST PAY THE TEMP AGENCY MORE MONEY TO BUY THE CONTRACT. THEN THE TEMP SERVICE IS OUT OF THE LOOP AND THE WORKER IS CONTRACTED WITH THE COMPANY AND IS PAID REGULAR HOURLY WAGE BY THE COMPANY.
Light Bulb

Huntsville, TN

#70 Mar 11, 2012
FortheBoys wrote:
Oh,
There are three answers to your question.
#1 Lets use capstan for example. Express pays a flat 10$ to a temp there. Capstan pays its employees that have tested into the press department 14-21$ per hour depending on qualifications. Simple math will show you that 14$-10$ is 4$, and 21$-10$ is eleven dollars. That's 4$ per hour at minimum and eleven dollars maximum.SO THE TEMP AGENCY KEEPS ALL THE MONEY THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY PAID, ON TOP OF THE 10$, UNTIL THE TIME (IF AND WHEN) THE TEMP IS HIRED ON FULL TIME. AT THAT TIME THE TEMP SERVICE IS OUT OF THE LOOP AND THE WORKER IS CONTRACTED WITH THE COMPANY AND IS PAID REGULAR HOURLY WAGE.
#2 Express doesn't just keep part of the normal hourly wage, they charge a predetermined, at times undisclosed fee. These fees can range from 2-10$ dollars per hour on top of the hourly wage. This fee is for the supply of a constant new influx of no strings attached labor. SO THE TEMP AGENCY KEEPS ALL THE MONEY THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY PAID, ON TOP OF THE 10$, UNTIL THE TIME (IF AND WHEN) THE TEMP IS HIRED ON FULL TIME. AT THAT TIME THE TEMP SERVICE IS OUT OF THE LOOP AND THE WORKER IS CONTRACTED WITH THE COMPANY AND IS PAID REGULAR HOURLY WAGE.
#3 Now that we have determined that express makes money off of employees per hour, and or an elevated rate so the company assumes no liability. The last way that they make money off of the employee is that they charge a fee if a temp worker is hired by the company.
For example: An employee is hired by Alba Health in two months and the normal contract states they must keep them as a temp for no less than three months before hiring them as a company employee.
Now that we understand that the more employees dont get hired on, the more money express makes off of them. This Creates what is called a Diametrically Opposed Relationship. That means that the temp worker's best interest,(who wants to get hired on full time)is opposite to the temp service (the longer they stay a temp the more money the temp service makes).
The temp agency Installs a buyout clause in the contract with the company they rent people to. This clause in the contract is an acceleration clause that will obligate the company to pay a premium fo
In summary, we have examined where the money goes, who makes what, and what happens if the temp gets hired on full time.
All of these answers can be google searched and proven. If you would like to check any of these statements i encourage you to do so. NOW WE KNOW WHERE THE MONEY WENT. THE TEMP AGENCY KEEPS ALL THE MONEY THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY PAID, ON TOP OF THE 10$, UNTIL THE TIME (IF AND WHEN) THE TEMP IS HIRED ON FULL TIME. THEN IF TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE THE COMPANY MUST PAY THE TEMP AGENCY MORE MONEY TO BUY THE CONTRACT. THEN THE TEMP SERVICE IS OUT OF THE LOOP AND THE WORKER IS CONTRACTED WITH THE COMPANY AND IS PAID REGULAR HOURLY WAGE BY THE COMPANY.
You have proven a couple of things. 1. You are very angry at Express because they will not employ you. 2. You know just enough to show your ignorance. Companies do not start their employees out at top out wages. some companies do give raises when you get hired on, but that doesn't mean that Express was keeping part of your wages. Most companies give raises after the 90 day probationary period. Does that mean the company is stealing your money? The companies set the wages not Express. No one wages a war against a company like you are unless they have a vested interest in doing so or they feel like they were not good enough to work for that company and it angers them. So how exactly is it that you claim to know all this?, and don't say you researched it on the web because top out wages for these companies are not on the web. You must be a disgruntled former employee or somehow a competitor. Either way you are full of crap! You are obvious.
FortheBoys

Nashville, TN

#71 Mar 11, 2012
Light Bulb wrote:
<quoted text>You have proven a couple of things. 1. You are very angry at Express because they will not employ you. 2. You know just enough to show your ignorance. Companies do not start their employees out at top out wages. some companies do give raises when you get hired on, but that doesn't mean that Express was keeping part of your wages. Most companies give raises after the 90 day probationary period. Does that mean the company is stealing your money? The companies set the wages not Express. No one wages a war against a company like you are unless they have a vested interest in doing so or they feel like they were not good enough to work for that company and it angers them. So how exactly is it that you claim to know all this?, and don't say you researched it on the web because top out wages for these companies are not on the web. You must be a disgruntled former employee or somehow a competitor. Either way you are full of crap! You are obvious.
I have never and will never, use a temp agency. I have a MBA (Masters Degree) in Business from an accredited university. I wouldn't even be arguing with you lightbulb (1 watt lightbulb obviously) had I not just hurt my ankle from a sports injury and am stuck indoors for the next week. SO next week you will be able to return to your fantasy land and I will take reality with me. I have enjoyed many of the posters on here as they are very kind and knowledgeable but obviously there are exceptions.

I am not a hurtful person, I find your reaction similar to many people who attempt to debate a key issue using no facts to back up their claims(you are a textbook case).

The reason I have knowledge on the subject is that I did a research project on economically depressed areas, including what kinds of businesses thrive in those areas. The findings were.

#1 Pawn Shops.(pick as there are many)

#2 Temp Services (express)

#3 Discount Cigarette shops (too many to list)

#4 Check advance/title pledge (too many to list)

#5 Liquor stores (Gateway Liquor)

All of the areas had an unusually high crime rate (including recreational drugs) for their size, low graduation rate, and an above average poverty rate. The towns were lacking of community programs, usually had enough industry to support < 60% of the population and a high dependency on various government assistance programs. Guess which town fits that category like a glove?

Just as I Know nothing about desperate housewives or jersey shore I am sure you could school me on the subject along with the local gossip, cussing the police, and city officials. But I do know the facts here and the numbers. But as I have said many times, don't take my word for it, just do some scientific research from reliable unbiased sources and you will find the same.

You can disagree with me on opinons, that is fine. You are entitled to your own opinions, that is what this forum is for. But you aren't entitled to your own facts, as there are only one set of those, and unfortunately for you, I have already stated them.

If you want to doubt my education, or research you are welcome to that. But before you go spouting off again about how I "know nothing" go view my posts as compared to yours and the others from pine knot you will see that the articulation of mine and the presentation of facts is clearly present as yours is just devoid of any useful info and rather redundant.
Carolina

Brentwood, TN

#72 Mar 11, 2012
But a person with no experience(which is most all who go through Express) will not be hired into that department at all. They will start out at the minimum level and have to work their way up. As I said before Express bases their pay on the pay of the company. The entry level pay that is. I'm not arguing that temp agencies are good or bad. At Chase, when you go in through Express, you are paid the entry level pay for that department, the same goes for ThermoFisher. Yes, temp agencies make a profit off of people because they do charge the company to use their services to help find suitable candidates for the employments needs of the company. Essentially, it is up to the company to decide if you are needed in the company.
But thank you for answering my question.
Light Bulb

Huntsville, TN

#73 Mar 11, 2012
FortheBoys wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never and will never, use a temp agency. I have a MBA (Masters Degree) in Business from an accredited university. I wouldn't even be arguing with you lightbulb (1 watt lightbulb obviously) had I not just hurt my ankle from a sports injury and am stuck indoors for the next week. SO next week you will be able to return to your fantasy land and I will take reality with me. I have enjoyed many of the posters on here as they are very kind and knowledgeable but obviously there are exceptions.
I am not a hurtful person, I find your reaction similar to many people who attempt to debate a key issue using no facts to back up their claims(you are a textbook case).
The reason I have knowledge on the subject is that I did a research project on economically depressed areas, including what kinds of businesses thrive in those areas. The findings were.
#1 Pawn Shops.(pick as there are many)
#2 Temp Services (express)
#3 Discount Cigarette shops (too many to list)
#4 Check advance/title pledge (too many to list)
#5 Liquor stores (Gateway Liquor)
All of the areas had an unusually high crime rate (including recreational drugs) for their size, low graduation rate, and an above average poverty rate. The towns were lacking of community programs, usually had enough industry to support < 60% of the population and a high dependency on various government assistance programs. Guess which town fits that category like a glove?
Just as I Know nothing about desperate housewives or jersey shore I am sure you could school me on the subject along with the local gossip, cussing the police, and city officials. But I do know the facts here and the numbers. But as I have said many times, don't take my word for it, just do some scientific research from reliable unbiased sources and you will find the same.
You can disagree with me on opinons, that is fine. You are entitled to your own opinions, that is what this forum is for. But you aren't entitled to your own facts, as there are only one set of those, and unfortunately for you, I have already stated them.
If you want to doubt my education, or research you are welcome to that. But before you go spouting off again about how I "know nothing" go view my posts as compared to yours and the others from pine knot you will see that the articulation of mine and the presentation of facts is clearly present as yours is just devoid of any useful info and rather redundant.
Don't be jealous, I am a 100 watt bulb. If we want to make fun of screen names "For the Boys" seems kinda odd. You can shove your MBA where the sun don't shine. When your wrong, your wrong MBA or no. Staffing agencies place Engineers, Accountants, Operations Managers, and a whole host of other high level, high education, high paying positions. Express does not take part of the Employee's pay, Express is one of my subcontractors, I tell them what the pay is, they tell me what they charge. I deal with them everyday. I didn't write some paper on it, I live it. Your facts are skewed to suit your agenda. You have never worked for; or with Express, yet you get on here and talk like you know everything about them. You obviously think your better than everyone else because you have a degree and they are suppose to shut up and listen to whatever crap you spew out because your so much better than them. I have an engineering degree and that doesn't make me any better than the hard working people in these companies. I got news for you, calling people horrible names because they go through a staffing company to find a job shows your true I.Q. They are honorable people trying to make an honest living. Take your half truths, all bullcrap and hit the bricks.
seenoevil

Nashville, TN

#74 Mar 11, 2012
Light Bulb wrote:
<quoted text> Don't be jealous, I am a 100 watt bulb. If we want to make fun of screen names "For the Boys" seems kinda odd. You can shove your MBA where the sun don't shine. When your wrong, your wrong MBA or no. Staffing agencies place Engineers, Accountants, Operations Managers, and a whole host of other high level, high education, high paying positions. Express does not take part of the Employee's pay, Express is one of my subcontractors, I tell them what the pay is, they tell me what they charge. I deal with them everyday. I didn't write some paper on it, I live it. Your facts are skewed to suit your agenda. You have never worked for; or with Express, yet you get on here and talk like you know everything about them. You obviously think your better than everyone else because you have a degree and they are suppose to shut up and listen to whatever crap you spew out because your so much better than them. I have an engineering degree and that doesn't make me any better than the hard working people in these companies. I got news for you, calling people horrible names because they go through a staffing company to find a job shows your true I.Q. They are honorable people trying to make an honest living. Take your half truths, all bullcrap and hit the bricks.
Ive gotta speak up. I have worked with express. They are nice people but dam. contrary to your sattementrs they do keep part of the money you would be paid. I cant believe you would even try to say something that everyone knows is not true. I know people from exdpress that get placed all over those plants in rockwood including press, machining and thermal at capstan, alba health, toho and vials at chase. I have lived in Kingston the better part of my life and know what goes on. Its basically the same setup everywhere. I dont know who you are but what youre saying is not correct. I have never seen an engineer or operations manager or accountant go though express in rockwood either lol. you think they are going to work for 8 to 10 dollar a hour job.
Alan

Huntsville, TN

#75 Mar 11, 2012
FortheBoys wrote:
<quoted text>
You got personal because you are a moron.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.
Oh and BTW alan, You and tammy seem to be the same person, Yesterday you were in Crossville, Now you are in Pine Knot Kentucky, along with tammy? both post simultaneously from Pine Knot Kentucky, good try, and in the future, dont be "that guy" who has to create, make believe people to back up his story.(leave that to my rogers) and please, don't be a tool.
I'm not in Pineknot KY any more than Angela is in the whole of the United States. If I'm in Crossville then it says Crossville, if I'm in Lancing or Coalfield, it puts Pineknot KY for some reason. I don't know why it does it. Maybe you can make up some facts and write a paper on it.
sugagrover

United States

#76 Mar 12, 2012
light bulb wrote:
<quoted text> Sometimes sounding smart comes from being smart. Which is obviously not the case with you. Sounding like a jerk comes from being a jerk. The more you talk the more you prove my point about using a staffing agency to avoid contact with goobers like you. Keep up the good work.
I have read every one of your posts. Look how you talk to people. Its like this in every one. You are very rude to other people, call them names, and talk down to them. It's funny how you tried to then play like we were all american heroes when FORtheBOYS started exposing you for what you all are. Its funny how outmatched you are. you are getting spanked like a schoolyard kid, and its comical.
Just saying

Lake City, SC

#77 Mar 16, 2012
Some cases having a degree helps but mostly only engineering and similar ones. Not downing on Angela but a A.S is psych won't get you a job in psych. It's the lowest of the lowest... You've probably only had 3 psych classes (I know this because I too have a A.S is psych) but to get a good job in the field you need 12 years of school... So I your holdin out for a psych job, it's never gonna happen with a associates. That's one reason I am now a dental hygienist instead of a clinical psychologist.... Good luck with express everyone. They suck. I think ppl should go find a job there self. I know 6 ppl who have been hired at chase on there own 2 of which have been there for over 20 yrs and now have climbed the latter and make good money! Best of luck.
Angela

United States

#78 Mar 16, 2012
I never once said in my post tht I was looking for a job in the field tht I hv a degree in. I said, even with a degree they still did not offer me any positions other than chase. In fact I hvnt used my degree at all with my past employment. I've worked as an Accounting Specialist within GMAC and also a Resolution Specialist within Foreclosure Dept. with Citigroup. So therefore I have experience in various skills types. A simple office job would hv worked for me then and now. As far as the degree I hold being the lowest of the low, I beg to differ. Having one is better than not having one. I'm proud to say I graduated college, sorry u don't feel the same.

lil mama wolf

Fort Campbell, TN

#79 Mar 21, 2012
I do not have a degree & do not know how temp services wrk, but I do know I went thru express three yrs ago & did all that they ask of me, my only request as a mom being that I needed a local based job during days; but they never found me anything & actually told me after almost a yr that they hadnt found anything that matched my experiance?!?!(I was willing to take Chase.)When I asked what they were even referring to,they said all my education&experiance. I again stated I didnt know what they were referring to & thought there was some mistake/error in my file. They then offered me a 3rd shift job in oak ridge that I could not wrk w my kids :( I asked why there was no openings at capstand or chase for me when I personaly knew other people they had sent there almost same day: I never got an answer or a job from them.?.I also know people that were despertly seeking work that they turned away from the open wrk in the industrail prk telling them they were over qualifyd, even though they were open & willing to take whatever was availble. I'm not bashing, just saying.....
not surprising

Elizabethtown, KY

#80 Mar 21, 2012
I'm sorry if I offend anyone and I'm not trying to, but express employment sucks big time because they let on like they have tons of jobs and are hiring but when u get down to it, all they say is there is nothing available or we will put u on the list when u call them and they are on that B.S. all the time. They piss me off so bad.. They are a crying shame and pathetic in a bad way. I know this from experience. And I do not need any negative comments a/b this post, I was stating my OWN personal opinion... Just saying.
FortheBoys

Nashville, TN

#81 Mar 26, 2012
I'm pretty sure the Jury is in on this one. Stay away from temp services (Express), and companies that use them. You can do much better somewhere else. Then maybe these little crap outlets will close their doors. That would make the companies they sell labor to have to hire straight in. That is much better anyway. I appreciate all of you who spoke up whether you agreed with me or not, it was really fun. FTB
sugagrover

Knoxville, TN

#82 Mar 27, 2012
Express is a shill for companies that want to rent good people for a cheap price. This is not good for us.
FortheBoys

Nashville, TN

#83 Apr 19, 2012
For anyone who has been following this thread I have been debating a select few people who have been misrepresenting the facts concerning Express Temp Service, how it pimps people, and how it makes money. I promised I would return after checking the facts.

The truth is as follows:

Express Employment Professionals ( like many other temp services) make money in the following ways:

1. They usually charge 58-60% markup on a person (temp) who they place at a job.

For example: If a person is placed at a job the corporation pays Express 16$ per hour. Express turns around and pays the temp worker around 10$ keeping 6$ per hour which equates to 60% markup on the temps labor. The temp service sits on their a$$es and make 6$ per hour on each of their employees.

2. If an express temp gets hired on to the company where they are a temp before the temp has worked approximately 550-600 hours at that job, then the company is required to "Buy Out" the contract for 20% of the temp workers annual salary.

For Example: Johnny is a temp at Granny Smith's Apple farm. The regular employees of the apple farm make 13$ per hour. If he works 200 hours as a temp and the apple farm wants to hire him as an employee they must pay the temp agency 20% of his annual salary as a regular employee. 13$ per hour @ 40 hours per week is 520. His annual salary would be approximately $27,040. The company must then pay the temp agency 20% of the annual salary which is 5,408.

Lastly,
How many people do you know that work as a temp at at company hoping to get hired full time only to be let go in 3-4 months? That is usually what happens to approximately 70% of temp workers. The above research shows exactly why that happens. Because the 3-4 month mark is a pivotal time in the contract for the company and the temp service. Depending on which decision is made between the company and the temp service, some serious $$$$ exchanges hand if a temp is hired. That's why most people don't get hired and are let go for bogus reasons,especially around the 3-4 month range. They get stuck in the loop. The temp worker is completely disposable due to the existence of a backdoor deal between the temp agency and a company.
idiots

Nashville, TN

#84 Apr 21, 2012
Idea wrote:
It works like this they get paid a fee for hiring you then take part of your check. So if you last 90 days they need to get someone else in so they get the fee
Yes they get a fee for their background checks,etc BUT this comes from the company,not the employee,you idiot...I agree-multiply your wage by the hour I know it will match your stub,minus the taxes,etc.held..You can add & multiply can't ya ??? Maybe that is why you are still unemployed...
iagree

Nashville, TN

#85 Apr 21, 2012
not surprising wrote:
I'm sorry if I offend anyone and I'm not trying to, but express employment sucks big time because they let on like they have tons of jobs and are hiring but when u get down to it, all they say is there is nothing available or we will put u on the list when u call them and they are on that B.S. all the time. They piss me off so bad.. They are a crying shame and pathetic in a bad way. I know this from experience. And I do not need any negative comments a/b this post, I was stating my OWN personal opinion... Just saying.
They post tons of jobs,but never find anything,when you walk through the door,better hope they like ya
lil mama wolf

Fort Campbell, TN

#86 Apr 21, 2012
iagree wrote:
<quoted text>They post tons of jobs,but never find anything,when you walk through the door,better hope they like ya
yes!like I stated earlier-n a nutshell those ladies had me 'sumd up' as some1 else & jst were not going to find me any wrk,period.it was totaly personal&totaly a mistake I believe,but hurtful all the same because I knew it was crap & lies & so did they, but they cover their own large tails
Snarky

Huntsville, TN

#87 Apr 25, 2012
lil mama wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
yes!like I stated earlier-n a nutshell those ladies had me 'sumd up' as some1 else & jst were not going to find me any wrk,period.it was totaly personal&totaly a mistake I believe,but hurtful all the same because I knew it was crap & lies & so did they, but they cover their own large tails
Just trying to read what you wrote, you might be better suited for wellfare mom or pill junkie. Do you honestly think anybody would hire somebody with communications skills like that?
lil mama wolf

Fort Campbell, TN

#88 Apr 26, 2012
Snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Just trying to read what you wrote, you might be better suited for wellfare mom or pill junkie. Do you honestly think anybody would hire somebody with communications skills like that?
Im neither-Im vry much healthy,sobr,active,&goin to school-I abrevt 2 save time/space-lots of peopl do-U sound like U could vry wel b 1 of thos 'ladys' OR jst anothr caty jealous fem thnkin they knw who I am OR sum1 w nothin betr 2 do thn judge othrs.I wrote MY experiance w expres, nothin mor. Who R U 2 judg me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Game!!! (Jun '12) 42 min -Lily- 522
Music Thread (Jun '12) 47 min -Lily- 217
is terri fisher really a pain pill tramp 13 hr Jame 3
felisha or lita byrd 17 hr Big will 19
Rockwood Air Shows Sun Fly 3
**Keep A Word ~ Drop A Word** (Jun '12) Sun Zwiebel 987
Keep it Sun Agreed 2
Rockwood Dating
Find my Match

Rockwood Jobs