Ex-officer sues 9th District AG - Rus...

Ex-officer sues 9th District AG - Russell Johnson

There are 23 comments on the www.knoxnews.com story from Sep 2, 2009, titled Ex-officer sues 9th District AG - Russell Johnson. In it, www.knoxnews.com reports that:

A former Rockwood police officer investigated for an alleged kidnapping has sued the 9th District Attorney General, contending he was pressured into quitting after the DA schemed to get him fired.

By Bob Fowler/Posted September 1, 2009 at midnight. A former Rockwood police officer investigated for an alleged kidnapping has sued the 9th District Attorney General, contending he was pressured into quitting after the DA schemed to get him fired. The Roane County Circuit Court lawsuit by John C. Evans asserts DA Russell Johnson overstepped his authority by urging he be fired and saying he should be banned from law enforcement. “My job was unjustly taken from me without a reason,” said Evans. “I was robbed of my career.” Evans said he was forced to resign in July 2008. He was under investigation then by the DA’s office for allegedly using his police badge and gun to force a man into a private vehicle for questioning by Evans’ father about a truck stolen from a body shop. Officer Evans was off-duty and was accompanied by a Harriman reserve police officer, Jajuan Hamilton, and a Marine reservist, according to the DA’s file on the case. When Evans confronted the suspected thief, he kept his hand on his firearm, according to the suspect’s statement. The man filed a complaint about the incident, saying he was forced into the vehicle. But Evans’ father, John Evans, said the man later admitted he went willingly to his car repair shop. The man was later released and filed a report about the July 3, 2008, incident. Several days later, Johnson wrote the attorney for both the elder Evans and his son. The DA in the letter stated he was recommending that John C. Evans be “terminated immediately for his actions.” Several people helped the younger Evans “over some huge hurdles” to become a law enforcement officer, the DA wrote. “He has effectively ruined his chances of continuing in that career, at least in the Ninth Judicial District,” Johnson wrote. Johnson in an affidavit stated he told the Evanses’ attorney that the “potential kidnapping charge would not go forward if Mr. Evans left the police force and he did not get in any more trouble.” Evans signed a statement that he was resigning on July 16, 2008. “He asked to resign,” said Rockwood Police Chief Bill Stinnett “I said, ‘Sure, I’ll accept the resignation.’ ” (Read the rest of the story)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.knoxnews.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Honest Abe

Dresden, Germany

#1 Sep 2, 2009
Russell Johnson is a crook, will always be a crook, and does not care about any one in this county except himself. The sooner he is voted out of office, the better our world in Loudon County will be. A man can kill your child and he will call it justifiable homicide and let the criminal loose.

He deserves a round in the old jail cell himself. I hope he gets what he deserves.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Get Rid of Him

Clinton, TN

#2 Sep 2, 2009
The sooner we all vote him OUT, the better off we will be.
W-Escue

United States

#3 Sep 3, 2009
Well stated from both you folks,we have got to get that low life and a few more of the political crooks in the ninth judicial district OUT !!
Loudon Resident

Louisville, TN

#4 Sep 3, 2009
I totally agree. Hes crooked. Just like alot of the loudon county police. Need to put a stop to him. The sooner the better. If we can get rid of these types of low life. Loudon just might be a decent place to live again.
W-Escue

United States

#5 Sep 3, 2009
And the same for Roane County,I say "out with the old and in with the new".
Crook

Jakarta, Indonesia

#6 Sep 4, 2009
We need to get rid of the worst DAG the county has ever experienced.
W-Escue

United States

#7 Sep 4, 2009
Yes we sure do,the people need to speak up and be heard.In this law suit he is already trying to get out of it...says he was doing what was right for the people.Now how many people do you know that he has ever done right by or for?He's as low as the serpent.Crooked,evil and cares for no one except himself.
LC Lady

Louisville, TN

#8 Sep 5, 2009
AMEN AMEN!
W-Escue

Atlanta, GA

#9 Sep 6, 2009
Wednesday,September 23rd,9:00am,is the court date on this law suit.I will be sitting in court behind the Officer to show my support for him and to let Russell Johnson and the judge as well know that we are tired of the corruption in this county.If I do nothing else it will at least show where I stand.I am in high hopes that more people will join me and let our voices and actions be seen and heard.This will be in Judge Simmons Court.
gault

Murfreesboro, TN

#10 Sep 22, 2009
why didnt he let the sheriff department do their job he off duty he didnt have jursidiction in that area and the vehicle was recovered from what i was told by investigator hritz
W-Escue

United States

#11 Sep 23, 2009
Why don't you learn to write and spell girst and FYI...The sheriff's dept. hasn't been on the job since the new administration came in,the proof of all that is in the business owners in the area.They are all hiring their own security because that dept.rides and eats for a living,they don't work for their pay.
gault

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Sep 25, 2009
you need to learn to spell what (girst ) MEAN ANY WAY
W-Escue

United States

#13 Sep 25, 2009
It's a slur to your spelling and the proper way to write your sentence is ..... You need to spell,what does girst mean anyway?( Notice the difference)?Now that's how it is done for people that have been educated.English and Spelling is easier than you think.
Infidel

Sevierville, TN

#14 Sep 25, 2009
W-escue, you should look over your own posts in this thread. Your own writing is far from perfect, so you really have no business criticizing that of others.

The "g" is right next to the "f" on the keyboard, and "girst" is simply a typo for "first." The rest of us saw that and read around it without comment. You didn't. So the question is, are you stupid or are you just rude?
W-Escue

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Sep 26, 2009
Maybe both,you'll never really know,will you?
Jessica

Oliver Springs, TN

#16 Nov 10, 2009
My gosh, the police officer gets in trouble for doing extra on a good job! Something sounds fishy here. Must of been a beef between these two before!
One4Justice

United States

#17 Nov 25, 2009
gault wrote:
why didnt he let the sheriff department do their job he off duty he didnt have jursidiction in that area and the vehicle was recovered from what i was told by investigator hritz
Was this the same Steve Hritz that had to resign over sexual relations with a minor and is facing felony charges. I know first hand what happened and I know for a fact that things were set-up from the word go. This Police Officer did his Job well and that was not what the city of rockwood or the D.A.G wanted. Furthermore when the lawsuit took place the worthless Police Chief Of Rockwood Signed a Sworn Affidavit stating that the officer resigned on his own free will and that his job was never in jeopardy in rockwood and i know that to be a lie because b4 he went into the Police Dept. He called me and had his phone speaker and mine on mute I heard everything and Bill Stinnett in a worthless liar and a piece of trash excuse for a Police Officer or a Chief.
Curious

United States

#18 Feb 11, 2017
One4Justice wrote:
<quoted text>

Was this the same Steve Hritz that had to resign over sexual relations with a minor and is facing felony charges. I know first hand what happened and I know for a fact that things were set-up from the word go. This Police Officer did his Job well and that was not what the city of rockwood or the D.A.G wanted. Furthermore when the lawsuit took place the worthless Police Chief Of Rockwood Signed a Sworn Affidavit stating that the officer resigned on his own free will and that his job was never in jeopardy in rockwood and i know that to be a lie because b4 he went into the Police Dept. He called me and had his phone speaker and mine on mute I heard everything and Bill Stinnett in a worthless liar and a piece of trash excuse for a Police Officer or a Chief.
So is that the reason why Steve Hritz was asked to leave Rockwood? He won't tell the truth as to why he left he's a notorious liar!.
Citizen

United States

#19 Feb 11, 2017
The DAG may be a crook, but the officer had no business using his police power for personal resolutions. He was not assigned to this case and had no authority to take the man into custody.

Another reason to clean house top to bottom.
THE_SYNDICATE

Flowery Branch, GA

#20 Feb 16, 2017
W-Escue wrote:
Yes we sure do,the people need to speak up and be heard.In this law suit he is already trying to get out of it...says he was doing what was right for the people.Now how many people do you know that he has ever done right by or for?He's as low as the serpent.Crooked,evil and cares for no one except himself.
He'll, of course he does not care about anyone but himself, of course he is crooked. He is also DEEPLY tied into, and protects ALL of the NARCO Traffickers that run drugs and monies both to and from the Riley's Creek and Rockwood Municipal Airports in Diane County. Just that ALONE is more than enough to indict him under the RICO Laws.........And one day.....He WILL BE.....MAKE NO MOSTAKE ABOUT THAT!!!!!

HIS DAYS ARE NUMBERED AS DA FOR DAMN SURE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zach B 6 min Justforfun 2
Whys my girl Haley Green still in the pokey 19 hr Longmeyer 13
Watch The 'Clown' Win In Rockwood 20 hr Princess Hey 22
meth trash front street courtney 20 hr takeoutdatrash 3
Leroy Thornton is a bum Mon Duh 2
Kayla, Kayla,oh where art thou? (Jan '11) Sun Concerned 24
lost pig Sun Ernie 2

Rockwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance