stop the flow of drugs to our kids !!!

Posted in the Rockwall Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rockwall Parent

Dallas, TX

#1 Jul 23, 2011
We have so many Rockwall police and county cops in Rockwall yet drugs are everywhere in Rockwall! Kids are getting and selling drugs all over Rockwall. I am a parent of 2 teens so I am familiar with a lot of their friends and their parents. I am just sick finding every single teen I know is doing drugs. It seems like there is an epidemic of teens on drugs in Rockwall.

Over this past year every single teenager that I personally know has been busted being high or with drugs at home, in school or arrested with drugs. These drugs are destroying families, parents are lost as to what to do and the teens donít care. They donít care what the punishment is or what things are taken away from them; they just want to get high.

My Dad would have beaten the crape out of me if I was came home high or caught with drugs. Today if a parent touches his kid the parent goes to jail and these kids know it, so their attitude is ďI will do what I want, you touch me and I will call the cops.

Rockwall Police PLEASE do more to stop the easy flow of drugs to our kids!!!
Rockwall

Dallas, TX

#2 Jul 25, 2011
This is the parents fault. Do they not have any clue as to what is going on or do they just not care?
FUPA

Irving, TX

#3 Jul 25, 2011
Its not the Police Departments job to raise your kids....Its the parents like you being lazy.
Get involved and know where your kid is at all times. Know who he/she is hanging out with. Search their car, their room, their backpack. Get them drug tested with home kits you send off.
You might want to educate yourself a little bit more regarding the Texas laws and child discipline.
Shannon

Rockwall, TX

#4 Jul 25, 2011
My parents went through all of my things, I had a curfew, I went to church with my family, they knew & loved most of my friends. I still turned to drugs and the more they try & control me the more I'm going to do them. The problem is not that parents don't care, it's they care too much about everything else, so why not.? I can get them at school, church, any neighborhood. All a parent can really do is pray that God will help us through & try trusting us a little more next time.
Rockwall Parent

Dallas, TX

#5 Jul 26, 2011
FUPA wrote:
Its not the Police Departments job to raise your kids....Its the parents like you being lazy.
Get involved and know where your kid is at all times. Know who he/she is hanging out with. Search their car, their room, their backpack. Get them drug tested with home kits you send off.
You might want to educate yourself a little bit more regarding the Texas laws and child discipline.
How do you come up with that? I never said it was the Police Depts. JOB to raise our kids! It is however the Police Depts. JOB to stop illegal activities and the easy flow of DRUGS coming into our community, our schools, churches, Parks, the Harbor and on our streets!!! And that is why I said to them to PLEASE do more to stop it!The parents I know including myself have done and continue to do all the things you suggested, but once they walk the door what control do you have? You cant chain them to the bed.
I am well aware of "Texas Laws and child disapline" I am not talking about spanking an unruly child. I am talking about 16 & 17 year old teenagers that most are are 5"10 to 6' tall and 170-200lbs. Try and spank or rough up one of those in disapline.
By the way use should educate yourself a little more on home drug testing. You dont send them off for results that would take weeksto get the results. Home test kits give you instant positive or negative results for which drug a person may be doing.Clearly you have no clue about todays teenagers and have not walked in these parents shoes.
Rockwall Parent

Dallas, TX

#6 Jul 26, 2011
Shannon wrote:
My parents went through all of my things, I had a curfew, I went to church with my family, they knew & loved most of my friends. I still turned to drugs and the more they try & control me the more I'm going to do them. The problem is not that parents don't care, it's they care too much about everything else, so why not.? I can get them at school, church, any neighborhood. All a parent can really do is pray that God will help us through & try trusting us a little more next time.
Shannon, thank you for your insight it is very helpful from someone
who has been there as the teenager. From a parents side it is the trust that gets us there. We want to trust our kids that all the years raising and teaching right from wrong and the consequences of our choices sunk in and we give the trust for our teens to go out and make the right choices. I remember when I was a teen, it was the hardest time of my life and I would NEVER want to go back there again.
Whats hard for parents is many teens 16-18 wake up andwant to be treated like adults. They want all the freedoms and PERKS that come with being an adult but they don't want any thing to do with all the responsibilities and self control that come with it, and that is hard on all involved. I am guessing you and your family made it through this hard time, it is encouraging.
grandparent

Rockwall, TX

#7 Jul 26, 2011
How about we just stop the flow of drugs to ANYBODY. Kids are no more important than anyone else with drugs. Adult lives are wasted everyday with drugs. Until we stop giving children so much money, etc. drugs will continue. Adults make their own money and chose drugs on which to spend their money. This country is being destroyed from within by the governments continued effort to be soft on the drug trade.
Rockwall Parent

Dallas, TX

#8 Jul 26, 2011
grandparent wrote:
How about we just stop the flow of drugs to ANYBODY. Kids are no more important than anyone else with drugs. Adult lives are wasted everyday with drugs. Until we stop giving children so much money, etc. drugs will continue. Adults make their own money and chose drugs on which to spend their money. This country is being destroyed from within by the governments continued effort to be soft on the drug trade.
Duh..That goes with out saying! I would be stuiped to think cops would only try to stop the flow of drugs to just one segment of a population. Kids and teens are far more vulnerable than adults because they do not have a clue of the consequences and damages they can cause themselves. Adults do, and they can make thier own choices to distroy themselves and others and suffer the full consequences the for thier actions & choices.
grandparent

Rockwall, TX

#9 Jul 26, 2011
Rockwall Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh..That goes with out saying! I would be stuiped to think cops would only try to stop the flow of drugs to just one segment of a population. Kids and teens are far more vulnerable than adults because they do not have a clue of the consequences and damages they can cause themselves. Adults do, and they can make thier own choices to distroy themselves and others and suffer the full consequences the for thier actions & choices.
What's the excuse for why you did not teach your kids the difference? All kids do not use drugs. It just looks like it to those who try to believe they do.
Rockwall Parent

Dallas, TX

#10 Jul 26, 2011
grandparent wrote:
<quoted text>What's the excuse for why you did not teach your kids the difference? All kids do not use drugs. It just looks like it to those who try to believe they do.
HEY YOU OLD DONKEY,put on your glasses and read. I never said my kids were doing drugs. I said I know of a lot of teens and thier parents through my own and everyone of those teens have all been busted doing drugs. I do test my kids because I know this fact and the fact the drugs are out there. My kids pass the tests and are home every night.Just because kids do drugs does not mean it is always the parents fault. Some kids are simply followers and are under to peir presure to do drugs by those that do and I hate that the drugs are so easy to come by. Sounds like you are one of those people that blaimed your parents for all your own bad choices and for being the failure you turned out to be. Now go take one of your many pills and a nap you crotchity old turd.
uhhh

United States

#11 Jul 26, 2011
Rockwall Parent wrote:
<quoted text>HEY YOU OLD DONKEY,put on your glasses and read. I never said my kids were doing drugs. I said I know of a lot of teens and thier parents through my own and everyone of those teens have all been busted doing drugs. I do test my kids because I know this fact and the fact the drugs are out there. My kids pass the tests and are home every night.Just because kids do drugs does not mean it is always the parents fault. Some kids are simply followers and are under to peir presure to do drugs by those that do and I hate that the drugs are so easy to come by. Sounds like you are one of those people that blaimed your parents for all your own bad choices and for being the failure you turned out to be. Now go take one of your many pills and a nap you crotchity old turd.
Rockwall Parent....while I don't totally disagree with all your thoughts, if you're here to defend the proper upbringing of children, you may want to mix in a dictionary or spell check. It just all goes the the education of our children.
uhhh

United States

#12 Jul 26, 2011
uhhh wrote:
<quoted text>Rockwall Parent....while I don't totally disagree with all your thoughts, if you're here to defend the proper upbringing of children, you may want to mix in a dictionary or spell check. It just all goes the the education of our children.
..to the... Not the the
Rockwall Parent

Dallas, TX

#13 Jul 26, 2011
uhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
..to the... Not the the
LOL, not here to defend or point figures to the upbringing of children in Rockwall. I am here to say you drug dealers need to be stopped from bring drugs into our town and pedaling them onto the kids and teens. Got that or is this just too complicated for you with that glass pipe in your mouth?
uhhh

United States

#14 Jul 26, 2011
Rockwall Parent wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, not here to defend or point figures to the upbringing of children in Rockwall. I am here to say you drug dealers need to be stopped from bring drugs into our town and pedaling them onto the kids and teens. Got that or is this just too complicated for you with that glass pipe in your mouth?
Can I point fingers at your "figures?"
grandparent

Rockwall, TX

#15 Jul 26, 2011
Rockwall Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY YOU OLD DONKEY,put on your glasses and read. I never said my kids were doing drugs. I said I know of a lot of teens and thier parents through my own and everyone of those teens have all been busted doing drugs. I do test my kids because I know this fact and the fact the drugs are out there. My kids pass the tests and are home every night.Just because kids do drugs does not mean it is always the parents fault. Some kids are simply followers and are under to peir presure to do drugs by those that do and I hate that the drugs are so easy to come by. Sounds like you are one of those people that blaimed your parents for all your own bad choices and for being the failure you turned out to be. Now go take one of your many pills and a nap you crotchity old turd.
You are a sorry excuse for a parent if you have to drug test your own kids. If you think all kids do drugs, you really do have your head in the sand, though I think that is what is really in your head, sand. Your kids need to change friends, and get involved with kids that do not do drugs. Yes, they are really out there.

As far as me blaming my parents on the past, you need a little updating. I never asked for anything from my parents and they never offered. They knew I had the will to succeed on my own. Have I gotten older? You bet! I never in my years as a parent had to drug test my own children like you do. I retired at 51 yrs. of age and became quite successful at what I chose to do with my life. I can now go where I want, do what I want and write things on topix whenever I want. You will never know these pleasures. You are so jealous of other successful people you can not make something of yourself. You begrudge anyone for making a success of themselves. Now own it and blame yourself for the friends or gang your own kids are including into their lives. They have a really tough road ahead with a guy like yourself as a parent.

P.S. Go back to school and learn to write AND spell. You can still be your same miserable self.
Rockwall Parent

Dallas, TX

#16 Jul 26, 2011
uhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I point fingers at your "figures?"
LOL uhhh DA, you pointing youíre finger at me from the start and I am simply pointing mine right back at you. Are you so stoned or just too stupid you canít figure that out?
nate

Rockwall, TX

#17 Jul 26, 2011
Rockwall Parent wrote:
<quoted text>Shannon, thank you for your insight it is very helpful from someone
who has been there as the teenager. From a parents side it is the trust that gets us there. We want to trust our kids that all the years raising and teaching right from wrong and the consequences of our choices sunk in and we give the trust for our teens to go out and make the right choices. I remember when I was a teen, it was the hardest time of my life and I would NEVER want to go back there again.
Whats hard for parents is many teens 16-18 wake up andwant to be treated like adults. They want all the freedoms and PERKS that come with being an adult but they don't want any thing to do with all the responsibilities and self control that come with it, and that is hard on all involved. I am guessing you and your family made it through this hard time, it is encouraging.
Yes we are making it through... It's just not anyone's fault here.. Other than my own choices & not my parents or the cops. I chose it & now I'm choosing not too. Thank you
nate

Rockwall, TX

#18 Jul 26, 2011
uhhh wrote:
<quoted text>Rockwall Parent....while I don't totally disagree with all your thoughts, if you're here to defend the proper upbringing of children, you may want to mix in a dictionary or spell check. It just all goes the the education of our children.
And some people should learn to pick their own battles before picking on others. Seriously we don't care. This is not a job app or a school paper. It's topix. I wonder who sits at home and grades everything you do or say. Sorry if I sound rude, but I think it's rude of other about how one text .
Zorro

Dallas, TX

#19 Jul 26, 2011
grandparent wrote:
<quoted text>You are a sorry excuse for a parent if you have to drug test your own kids. If you think all kids do drugs, you really do have your head in the sand, though I think that is what is really in your head, sand. Your kids need to change friends, and get involved with kids that do not do drugs. Yes, they are really out there.
As far as me blaming my parents on the past, you need a little updating. I never asked for anything from my parents and they never offered. They knew I had the will to succeed on my own. Have I gotten older? You bet! I never in my years as a parent had to drug test my own children like you do. I retired at 51 yrs. of age and became quite successful at what I chose to do with my life. I can now go where I want, do what I want and write things on topix whenever I want. You will never know these pleasures. You are so jealous of other successful people you can not make something of yourself. You begrudge anyone for making a success of themselves. Now own it and blame yourself for the friends or gang your own kids are including into their lives. They have a really tough road ahead with a guy like yourself as a parent.
P.S. Go back to school and learn to write AND spell. You can still be your same miserable self.
Well said from a CRACK HEAD... LOL
FUPA

Irving, TX

#20 Jul 27, 2011
Ok Rockwall Parent, lets hear your genius ideas on how the police should stop the flow of drugs to the children....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockwall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Continue reading This 20-year-old was told hea ... 4 hr Tony Castillo 1
OneBody in Yahawashi, Dallas TX: Don't watch an... Fri Gino Jennings 2
Mike Rawlings Garabbed My P___sy Thu Jody Warner 7
((>Last Post<)) (Dec '12) Thu Princess Hey 471
Replace Rep John Ratcliffe Nov 1 Fire the bums 2
Heath Yacht Club Whittle Development (Feb '11) Nov 1 SachseSam 26
Home Builder (Aug '13) Oct '17 Scott 19

Rockwall Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance