Rockwall football coach Scott Smith resigns

Nov 29, 2012 Full story: IHigh 18

Rockwall football coach Scott Smith has resigned as Rockwall head coach and Rockwall ISD athletic director according to a district announcement.

Full Story
goodman

United States

#1 Nov 30, 2012
I hate to see this great example of a real man leave our boys. You will be missed coach.
jacket

Rockwall, TX

#2 Dec 2, 2012
great man and coach...H.S. football is more than w's and l's...too bad people don't realize that...good luck coach Smith
W's and L's

Rockwall, TX

#3 Dec 2, 2012
jacket wrote:
great man and coach...H.S. football is more than w's and l's...too bad people don't realize that...good luck coach Smith
What do you mean 'too bad? This doesn't say he got fired. He's quitting to take a job somewhere else.
goodman

United States

#4 Dec 2, 2012
[QUOTE who="W's and L's"]<quoted text>What do you mean 'too bad? This doesn't say he got fired. He's quitting to take a job somewhere else.[/QUOTE]
Where???
jacket

Rockwall, TX

#5 Dec 3, 2012
by "too bad" I mean that parents complain about things they no nothing about...lets just say that there are some vocal parents in rockwall.
too bad

Rockwall, TX

#6 Dec 3, 2012
Does Craig James have a son on the team?
Craig James

Rockwall, TX

#7 Dec 4, 2012
Tituba no do bad ting.
bob

Rockwall, TX

#8 Dec 21, 2012
any progress being made on hiring a new coach or an AD?
oleschool

Rockwall, TX

#9 Jan 13, 2013
Words out that Joey's comin home.
Old Rockwall

Rockwall, TX

#10 Jan 13, 2013
If Bailey does not have the foresight to hire Joey he is an imbecile. This is a no brainer. Bring Mickey's boy home!
oleschool wrote:
Words out that Joey's comin home.
bob

Royse City, TX

#11 Jan 18, 2013
is he coming home as coach or as AD?
HS Football Parent

Dallas, TX

#12 Feb 5, 2013
bob wrote:
is he coming home as coach or as AD?
Any updates avaialable regarding the AD or HC positions? Anyone know of a timeline for decision or any finalists candidates for either spot?
jfnd

Rockwall, TX

#13 Feb 14, 2013
AD is Russ Reeves from Denton
Old Rockwall

Rockwall, TX

#14 Feb 16, 2013
Denton.......hmmmmm, I seem to remember they had a good young coach up there. Package deal?
77y6tqqq

Rockwall, TX

#15 Feb 23, 2013
Probably not a great hire since Denton is in the middle of a coaching pedophile scandal which went on under the watch of Rockwall's brand new AD, Russ Reeves from Denton. Did the RISD Board not know about the sex scandal at Denton ISD????
77y6tqqq

Rockwall, TX

#16 Feb 23, 2013
77y6tqqq

Rockwall, TX

#17 Feb 23, 2013
Denton TX Jan 17 2013

A former choir director at Denton Guyer High School was in jail Wednesday, facing a charge of improper relationship with a student, Denton police said.
Michael Pricer, 35, surrendered Wednesday morning and remained in the Denton Jail Wednesday afternoon. Bail had not been set.The student, a 17-year-old girl, was in one of Pricer’s choir classes during the 2010-11 school year. The relationship began in the fall, Denton police Officer Shane Kizer said Wednesday in a phone interview.”It then progressed to good friends,” Kizer said.“There were exchanges of cards and text messages.”Pricer is accused of having a physical relationship with the student on prom night in spring 2011. The relationship continued at other locations, all off campus in Denton.The girl’s family contacted police in July. Investigators interviewed several students and faculty members, police said. There is no evidence that other students were involved, police said.Pricer was married at the time, Denton police said.Pricer, who was hired in 2009, resigned on Nov. 1, 2011, according to a school district news release.”Denton ISD officials have been working closely with Denton police to thoroughly investigate this incident,” the news release stated. Source-star-telegram
jfnd

Rockwall, TX

#18 Feb 26, 2013
the link is Dallas ISD not Denton.

stop posting bullsh.

your last post blames a choir teacher not a coach.

what a hater.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockwall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Simons Promiseland off the air? (Dec '10) 32 min Sonia Gilchrist 22
Building boom could add more than 1,000 hotel r... 2 hr Eleese Elise 1
Continental Parts Company (Jul '14) 9 hr Shelly French 18
Jr High Football 15 hr uhhh 35
The Harbor is a ghost town! 17 hr Steve 6
Rockwall Mayor Race: A Civil Discussion Thu Objective 5
Door to Door Meat Scam? (Mar '09) Wed Funny guy 367

Rockwall News Video

Rockwall Dating
Find my Match