Rockwall Employee Pay Freeze

Posted in the Rockwall Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Papa Smurf

Dallas, TX

#1 Apr 12, 2011
The city employees know that city employee pay raises have been frozen for over 2 years...do the citizens? Or is it maybe we're spending millions on new projects around town and one way to pay those bills is by freezing salaries. To top it off, I'd hate to think someone was getting a "bonus" for saving the city money by freezing salaries. Rumors are a terrible thing. Look at what happened in a small town in California...Someone started digging. But really, how important are we? We merely teach in your child's school, or provide you with protection at night while you sleep, or come to your rescue when you need help, or provide you with emergency health care, or put out a fire in your home, or supply you with clean water, or clear the streets for hours on end after ice storms... it's such a short worthless list. If only we were more important, we could get paid what we were promised.
Traffic cop

Rockwall, TX

#2 Apr 12, 2011
Simple! Get another job. No one is so important someone else can not do the same job. If you are unhappy with your job pay, find employment elsewhere. It's so simple. Just for a second thought, be happy you have the benefits you do with that job, most people do not have the same.
Papa Smurf

Dallas, TX

#3 Apr 12, 2011
Traffic cop wrote:
Simple! Get another job. No one is so important someone else can not do the same job. If you are unhappy with your job pay, find employment elsewhere. It's so simple. Just for a second thought, be happy you have the benefits you do with that job, most people do not have the same.
Thank you for those kind words...and made from behind a desk at that. Very true, anyone can do these jobs, that's why you're aren't. The only thing SIMPLE is you. Stay thirsty my friend.
Transcripts

Dallas, TX

#4 Apr 12, 2011
Get another job....thats funny. Do you know how hard it is to find jobs right now? The employees didnt ask for a pay freeze. Let them freeze the pay on your job for a number of years....are you as eager to get up and go to work everyday, and put your life on the line?
Reality

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Apr 12, 2011
Funny you use the name traffic cop... Not the first clue who your slamming while stealing the title of someone with a real job. I can't wait to show the cops this!!!
Traffic cop

Rockwall, TX

#6 Apr 12, 2011
Have you still got insurance? Did you pay anymore for it in the past two years? If insurance paid off a claim for you, you got a raise. Doctor bills have gotten higher, as well as hospital and testing, in the past two years and if those were paid, you got an increase. If any benefit that you have now is still in effect as it was two years ago, then you got a raise. If you think demanding a pay raise just because everything is higher, then join the rest of America and learn to love it. As I said before, find another job. Citizens would much rather have someone else doing your job, that appreciates that job, than you and your whining.
thankful

Royse City, TX

#7 Apr 12, 2011
be thankful for you have: a job with retirement, medical,dental, vision,etc. most people today do not have pensions/retirement that their employer matches or doubles the amount you put in and this is all paid for by taxpayers moneys. there is a lot of teachers and unemployed people that would love to trade places. times are tuff, be thankful that they are not laying off or reducing salaries.
Papa Smurf

Dallas, TX

#8 Apr 12, 2011
I am sure unemployed people would love to trade places with someone with a job. I think they always have. Traffic cop, what were you saying again? I couldn't read through the high-horse BS you were spewing out. Why don't you share with everyone what you do for a living, might help us understand why you want us to suck it up and take it. Make note, there are cities who are laying off people...and there are cities who are giving raises. What luck are we talking about? Just bad luck we chose to work in Rockwall? How about we say: Just like there are countries who let women vote and those that don't. Lets go with the crappy one, cause that's easiest. So let's tell these women to just be lucky they're even allowed to speak because there's a lot of countries that women can't even leave the house without permission and would love to trade places with you. I'm sorry, does this sound like your argument? "Just be happy and shut your mouth." Thanks Dad.
Reality

Fort Worth, TX

#9 Apr 12, 2011
Wow, some upset people over folks asking when they'll get a raise? Do they deserve it? Are they doing a good job? I don't have complaints. But responses like "Go find another job" and "anybody can do your job!" I got to be honest, sound like a response from a Boss, city administrator, or someone with a taxpayers spending agenda that doesn't include city employee salaries. Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but it looks pretty clear. I pay Rockwall city taxes, I hope it's going to schools, fire/ ems, and police. First line of defense in my book. A new park or parking garage can wait if we need to. I don't want this place to become Garland.(Kidding, I still love you Garland.)
Life_On_The_Line

Rockwall, TX

#10 Apr 12, 2011
Real leaders put their front line people first. Leaders do not take bonuses for "job well done" when ALL under the umbrella of city employment are discounted when they do a job well done. If a particular employee has a contract for a bonus because they do a good job, then shouldn't all city employees have a contract too? This mindset is a slippery slope and how does the saying go?..What's good for the goose is good for the gander? It's the city employees that made the leadership look good. At any given moment, a cop can take a bullet to the bean because they took an oath to protect and serve. At any given moment, a cop can get killed on the side of the highway trying to help or protect others. A cop wears many hats that he/she is not trained for...social worker, counselor, mediator, mechanic, animal control, secretary, fighter/warrior, politician (unintentionally), and whipping boy for the chosen when it is convenient. To tax payers, cops may be just a cop and if one dies..."bless their heart, thats said".....but to our families we are everything!! I'm expected to put my life on the line for others.....are you?
Blue

Fort Worth, TX

#11 Apr 12, 2011
As a real cop, I am concerned that someone truly believes that anybody can do my job. I had no idea. Can they? So why all the fake requirements to get in?! They told me I needed college, with no criminal history, and willing to give my life to protect another. Man, they fooled me. Thank you for pointing that out. I will have to share that with my fellow officers.
Life_On_The_Line

Rockwall, TX

#12 Apr 13, 2011
http://www.kait8.com/story/14435936/officer-i...

ENOUGH SAID!! IRONIC ISN'T IT?!!
Reality

Dallas, TX

#13 Apr 13, 2011
They just openly announced the multi-million dollar Harbor Heights project going in? If the city is broke and not paying promised salaries, then how do we afford this? Now this is a concern. If I worked for Rockwall, I might be thinking of leaving after that slap in the face. Sorry guys. I am all for this city becoming great, but not on the backs of our hard working men and women.
Papa Smurf

Dallas, TX

#14 Apr 13, 2011
That officer in Arkansas should "Just be lucky he has a job", i'm sorry... HAD a job. I bet his insurance went up. But hey, like Traffic Cop says, anybody can do his job. Did I quote that right? With that, looks like they'll have an opening! Traffic Cop...I guess you'll be the first to sign up? Or maybe they'll get a pool of unemployed teachers who want to sign up to give their life. Shouldn't matter what the pay is, they should just be happy they're getting a job. Maybe your idea for a New city employment slogan could be "Come get a job! Don't worry what we pay! Just do your job, shut your mouth, and be happy you're even working." Wait, Germany already used that in the 1940's. I'll think of something.
Traffic cop

Rockwall, TX

#15 Apr 13, 2011
Smurf, Have you always felt sorry for yourself?
Life_On_The_Line

Rockwall, TX

#16 Apr 13, 2011
Traffic Cop, it appears you're carrying the water for something you have no experience, therefore, take your talking points some where else. Go ahead and bring in some private company security force to deal with the people "Traffic Cop" doesn't want to deal with personally. Traffic Cop, have you ever ridden out with a cop?! Do you know what we deal with?....no, no, really??? I bet $10 bucks you don't. You just think you do!! Until you have lived it?!!...ethically, you should not comment on it. Come on in to any police department and tell officers, to their face, that they do not deserve more.....didn't think so!!! I also bet you do not want ANY city employee to get a raise whatsoever? Traffic Cop, your rhetoric sounds very familiar..........hhhmmmmmmm.. ....do I smell politics as usual? No!! Couldnt be....I know you couldn't possibly carry a BAR card.......well........nevermi nd... Ok, its your turn for the spirited rebuttal, Traffic Cop.
Blue

Arlington, TX

#17 Apr 13, 2011
Do me a favor Traffic Cop, change your title name to something else. You're making me sick with your attitude and lack of education. Last thing I want is the public thinking that real cops act or think like you.
Life_On_The_Line

Rockwall, TX

#18 Apr 14, 2011
CHECK MATE...............silence from the peanut gallery
Life_On_The_Line

Rockwall, TX

#19 Apr 14, 2011
thankful wrote:
be thankful for you have: a job with retirement, medical,dental, vision,etc. most people today do not have pensions/retirement that their employer matches or doubles the amount you put in and this is all paid for by taxpayers moneys. there is a lot of teachers and unemployed people that would love to trade places. times are tuff, be thankful that they are not laying off or reducing salaries.
REALLY?!!!......DIE FOR STARBUCKS CAUSE THEY ARE YOUR EMPLOYER!!!
Life_On_The_Line

Rockwall, TX

#20 Apr 14, 2011
Traffic cop wrote:
Smurf, Have you always felt sorry for yourself?
Traffic Cop, have you always fought FOR or AGAINST labor and employees?....just asking..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockwall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
man 2 hr check 2
Ebola patient moved to Dallas to marry mother o... 7 hr streetrunner 63
ebola - build a wall around texas !!!!!!!!!!!!!... 8 hr squeezers 6
We Need to Secure Our Borders from Illness and ... 19 hr They cannot kill ... 6
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 23 hr Fossilfarts 677
Dallas Adult Toy Store (Dec '11) Fri dallasdame 4
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Manny 535

Rockwall News Video

Rockwall Dating
Find my Match

Rockwall Jobs

Rockwall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rockwall News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rockwall

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]