What are they building on Hwy 276 across from Meadow Creek Estates

Posted in the Rockwall Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Rockwall

Dallas, TX

#1 Mar 10, 2009
There is a lot of machinery and they are moving a lot of dirt. I can't tell if it is a housing addition or not.
Ashley

Coppell, TX

#2 Mar 13, 2009
I've been wondering the same thing. I hope someone else posts about this.
Accent

Dallas, TX

#3 Mar 13, 2009
They are building Matt Scott's new home
javy

Garland, TX

#4 Mar 20, 2009
They are building Geroge Bush New Home
Rockwall

Dallas, TX

#5 Mar 20, 2009
I just hope it isn't apartments or retirement homes.
Old People in My Backyard

Rockwall, TX

#6 Mar 21, 2009
Rockwall wrote:
I just hope it isn't apartments or retirement homes.
How old are you...that is pretty bad when you go after the old people.
Rockwall Citizen

Dallas, TX

#7 Mar 21, 2009
Old People in My Backyard wrote:
<quoted text>How old are you...that is pretty bad when you go after the old people.
I think what "Rockwall" is trying to say is that he or she doesn't want a large multi-family complex in his or her back yard. It doesn't matter to me if it's young or old people, I do NOT want an apartment complex in my back yard either! Rockwall already has enough multi-family housing.

In fact I would prefer to see larger lot sizes with future single family developments. We have enough postage stamp lots with track builders. Bring back the true custom builders!!!!
Only The Blessed

Rockwall, TX

#8 Mar 22, 2009
Rockwall Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what "Rockwall" is trying to say is that he or she doesn't want a large multi-family complex in his or her back yard. It doesn't matter to me if it's young or old people, I do NOT want an apartment complex in my back yard either! Rockwall already has enough multi-family housing.
In fact I would prefer to see larger lot sizes with future single family developments. We have enough postage stamp lots with track builders. Bring back the true custom builders!!!!
So you only want rich, white, Christian folks living near you? By the way the developer is probably one of your current neighbors such as Whittle.
Rockwall Citizen

Dallas, TX

#9 Mar 22, 2009
In response to "Only the Blessed":
My position on multi-family housing has NOTHING to do with income level, race, age, ethnicity, gender, or any other social classifacation. I do NOT want to live next to any sort of high dentsity development (specifically apartments or condos). It doesn't matter to me if you call it a "retirement home", "low income housing", "luxury" apartments or condos etc... I don't care to live next to it!

The problem with these types of developments is the traffic they create as well as the drain on the city's resources. People that live in apartments do not pay property taxes, thus they don't pay for the services they use.

If you like apartment living, move to Dallas, Garland, Richardson or Rowlett. There is no reason in the world that Rockwall needs more multi-family projects. Most people that move to Rockwall come here because it's a nice quiet place to raise a family and avoid the headaches of living in a big city. Bill Cecil and most of the rest of the city council seem bent on tranforming Rockwall into a miniature version of Dallas.

For the record, I do not live anywhere near Mr. Whittle and I have never seen his home but I'm betting you could fit 2 or 3 houses the size of mine inside Mr. Whittle's home.
Only The Blessed

Rockwall, TX

#10 Mar 22, 2009
Rockwall Citizen wrote:
In response to "Only the Blessed":
My position on multi-family housing has NOTHING to do with income level, race, age, ethnicity, gender, or any other social classifacation. I do NOT want to live next to any sort of high dentsity development (specifically apartments or condos). It doesn't matter to me if you call it a "retirement home", "low income housing", "luxury" apartments or condos etc... I don't care to live next to it. The problem with these types of developments is the traffic they create as well as the drain on the city's resources. People that live in apartments do not pay property taxes, thus they don't pay for the services they use.
If you like apartment living, move to Dallas, Garland, Richardson or Rowlett. There is no reason in the world that Rockwall needs more multi-family projects. Most people that move to Rockwall come here because it's a nice quiet place to raise a family and avoid the headaches of living in a big city. Bill Cecil and most of the rest of the city council seem bent on tranforming Rockwall into a miniature version of Dallas.
For the record, I do not live anywhere near Mr. Whittle and I have never seen his home but I'm betting you could fit 2 or 3 houses the size of mine inside Mr. Whittle's home.
Who do you think lives in multi-family housing? Don't pretend to be so righteous. You are a well off white man who does not want people of color or lower income levels living near you. At least be honest with yourself when you make such comments.
kalley

Fort Worth, TX

#11 Mar 22, 2009
Can we get back to the question. What are they building? These are all just speculations. Does anyone have the answer?
Rockwall

Arlington, TX

#12 Mar 22, 2009
kalley wrote:
Can we get back to the question. What are they building? These are all just speculations. Does anyone have the answer?
Yeah I just want to know too. I know that they are moving a lot of dirt and a lot of heavy machinery there. It lloks like there will be entry/exit on 276 and the 205 bypass.
Rockwall Citizen

United States

#13 Mar 23, 2009
There is a Honda dealership and an apartment complex in the works for the corner of 276 and the 205 bypass.
Former Renter

Fort Worth, TX

#14 Mar 24, 2009
Renters DO pay property tax indirectly through their rent.
Zorro

Fort Worth, TX

#15 Mar 24, 2009
Only The Blessed wrote:
<quoted text>So you only want rich, white, Christian folks living near you? By the way the developer is probably one of your current neighbors such as Whittle.
Wow that is about the most ignorant responce I have seen anyone write on this topic. All this from a simple question posted as to what is being built on 276.

I would like to know why 276 was picked to build all of this comercial and low to mid range housing evelopments. We are do for a high end development to help keep property values up in this part of town.
Rockwall

Arlington, TX

#16 Mar 24, 2009
Rockwall Citizen wrote:
There is a Honda dealership and an apartment complex in the works for the corner of 276 and the 205 bypass.
That sure seems like an odd location for a Honda car dealership. I have no problem with the dealership but I have a big problem with the apartment complex. We all know that these type of dwelling bring in certain types of people. It is sad but true.
RE Blessed

Dallas, TX

#17 Mar 25, 2009
WOW! I would like to thank all of you who bit your tongue and did not even GIVE a second of your time and try to respond to the ignorance pouring out in that racial comment (where did that come from)! Thank you Thank you Thank you. Most of us are making progress, some however are either regressing or doing more damage than good to the advancement of colored people. What a shame. Some people are just sad! SAD PEOPLE! Good luck Rockwall on your developments and try to remember the climb.
Rockwall

Dallas, TX

#18 Mar 25, 2009
RE Blessed wrote:
WOW! I would like to thank all of you who bit your tongue and did not even GIVE a second of your time and try to respond to the ignorance pouring out in that racial comment (where did that come from)! Thank you Thank you Thank you. Most of us are making progress, some however are either regressing or doing more damage than good to the advancement of colored people. What a shame. Some people are just sad! SAD PEOPLE! Good luck Rockwall on your developments and try to remember the climb.
Don't worry, Obama will help you on that.
Accent

Dallas, TX

#19 Mar 26, 2009
Its not like we have enough traffic problems as is. Matt Scott just wants another auto dealership so he can have campaign donors.
New Office

San Antonio, TX

#20 Mar 26, 2009
Rockwall wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, Obama will help you on that.
I heard it will be a new regional NAACP office. Poor Rockwall may have to deal with some diversity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockwall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Door to Door Meat Scam? (Mar '09) 4 hr Funny guy 389
RW Council Race Fri Nell 15
Rockwall Mayor Race: A Civil Discussion Fri Wizard 20
Jim Brumleve Apr 16 driver2 4
Car shopping Apr 16 Not Rockwall Honda 4
Creations by Second Evolution (Feb '14) Apr 16 Prommom3 6
Is Rockwall a safe community? Apr 15 MommyOf3 1

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Rockwall County was issued at April 18 at 9:01PM CDT

More from around the web

Rockwall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]