Rockwall High Freshman Killed In Car Crash

Nov 17, 2007 | Posted by: CBS 11 | Full story: CBS 11

Students at Rockwall High School are in mourning today after one of their classmates was killed in a car crash Thursday evening.

Rockwall County Sheriff's Department spokesman David Davidson tells CBS 11 News that 15-year-old Kyla Renee Jones, a freshman at Rockwall High, was a passenger in a car that crashed on FM 66 near FM 549 just after 6 p.m. Police say the car, a Honda Civic, was eastbound on FM 66 when the driver apparently lost control. The civic ran off the road, then back onto the road and into oncoming traffic. Read more

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Joey Chen

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2007

R.I.P. Kyla Jones
We all miss you in Rockwall. You were a great, loving and funny person to be with. It just so sad, that you had to leave us so soon.
Brittney Sullivan

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Kyla i love you and i hope you know that!!!
she was a wonderful girl and loved by many people and always will be remembered as one of my best friends!!!
even though you moved to rockwall you were still my best friend and i will always remember you!!!
R.I.P KYLA RENEE JONES!!!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!
vertashia dean

Garland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2007

kyla we miss u soo much u left so soon babi girl ull never be forgotten
R.I.P KYLA RENEE JONES
LOVE U SOO MUCH
KARi RODRIGUEZ

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

KYLA RENEE JONES.
i LOVE YU SO MUCH iM REALLi GUNNA MiSS UR CRAZY BUTT!
i JUST KNO DAT UR iN A BETTER PLACE
U WiLL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN i WiLL ALWAYS HVE YU iN MA HEART
jeremy young

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

i miss u kyla i wish u was still here.R.I.P kyla jones
Hollie

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2007

Kylaaaa, we all miss you.
2nd period isnt the same.

R.I.P

<3
freddie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2007

i miss you and we'll never forget you school isn't da same.
R.I.P
tiffany cox

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

i love you baby girl i will never have a better dance buddy then you !!!!!
Ali Kirk

Rockwall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Judged:

you were my best friend i love you so much baby girl you were my everything and i let it slip threw my fingers ;( i miss you please come back!!
tevin carter

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2008

HAPPY LATE B-DAY I WISH U WAS HERE SO WE ALL CAN HANG OUT AGAIN
Laurey West

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family during this sad time.
MELISSA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

BABY GIRL
I MISS YOU ITS NOT THE SAME.
YOU WHERE GONNA MEET MIRACLE.
I CRY ALL THE TIME WHEN I SEE YOU PICTURES AND EVERYTHING THAT REMINDS ME OF YOU.
R.I.P BABY KK
LOVE,
&#9829;MELISSA&&MI RACLE&#9829;
MELISSA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

HEY BABY GIRL
I MISS YOU AND ITS NOT THE SAME WITH OUT YOU.
YOU WHERE TO MEET MIRACLE.
I CRY WHEN I SEE YOUR PICTURES AND EVERYTHING THAT REMINDS ME OF YOU.
LOVE,
R.I.P BABY GURL
&#9829;MELISSA&&MI RACLE&#9829;
sarafina

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2008

i still miss you baby girl and its almost coming up on a year i cant believe it but i know youre right here with me though so i will get through..
thanks for watching over me babygirl

R.I.P.KYLA RENEE JONES

my baby girl forever n always
Shelby McAdams

Rockwall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

i MiSS Y0U LiKE CRAZY BABYGiRL!!!
Alycia Stivers

Kaufman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Kyla(:
I miss you soo much, and I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you, and you are always in my heart. Its almost Christmas down here, and I wish you were here to share it with us, but I'm sure you'll have a wonderul holiday up in heaven- everyday in heaven is a holiday:)
Merry Christmas my sweet angel, I love you so much!

Love,
Alycia
Keifer Marsh

Brownsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

I may have mooved back home, but i still felt it. You were such a great person. You always smiled and you weren'y afraid to be you. You had a heart of gold, and an amazing personality. I just wish that i could have been there to say goodbye....i miss you...you will always be in my heart and my thoughts

Love,
Keifer
Wonder

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Was another girl that died in a car accident or some other incident. Only therockwallnews covered it, no other newspaper had the backbone.
tiffani goodman

Rockwall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

i love u kayla renee jones. you were like a sister 2 me. i wish u were here. i love u so much baby gurl. i miss u like crazy. i wish i was dere for u dat night but instead i was actin stupid n got thrown in jail im so sorry kayla i love u
Thought

Okemos, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Wonder wrote:
Was another girl that died in a car accident or some other incident. Only therockwallnews covered it, no other newspaper had the backbone.
In general, the local papers do not print sad and bad news. Rockwall has a suicide about every six to eight months and a monthly meth lab bust, never hits the papers. Want Rockwall's real stats?, the only place to find them is through the FBI statistics database. Rockwall is forced to surrender that data to the FBI.

In the case of the right to privacy of children, the local papers may be exercising restraint and have good intentions on behalf of the privacy and the mourning of the family. Kyla was a good and happy kid which makes her memorable and that event all the more sad. The media in these incidents should ask the family whether they wish for the public at large to be informed of the accident.

The highway 66 is a State of Texas nightmare designed with poor engineering and insufficently skilled contractors. The particular portion near where Kyla died has a drop off that looks less than what it really is. Its easy to misjudge and serves as a very big danger to young drivers. Where Hwy 552 travels east and meets Hwy 66 and where Hwy 66 intersects with FM 549 are all places new drivers should never be on. All it takes is one wheel to go off the side of the road and depending on where ones car gets directed, death or crippling injury is very likely to occur from loss of control. I never understood why that portion of 66 was not addressed. Surley it can be straightened and gaurd wires added where large drop off occurs. Travel up 66 and you see a handful of little crosses and teddy bears that have built up over the years from young people's death. How many deaths are necessary before 66 is remodelled? Where is rockwall's mighty city council? The city does not control the state but can lobby and annoy.

The average is every two to three years on that stretch, the historic deaths are surprising. Unless several lobby, there will be another death. A cause needs a face. And if someone was to take that incident and present a good time line of past deaths to the state director of transportation, he might just redo 66.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rockwall Discussions

Search the Rockwall Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr geektechTX 21,013
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr SamDamnit 16,782
Review: KAG Holdings 5 hr GoPokes 8
Agave (at The Harbor) closes! 7 hr Andy 31
Excessive Speeding by Rockwall PD on I 30 bridge 9 hr Speed trap 11
jp 3 Jul 8 Sittin on the Dock 15
House for sale Jul 8 Not really 1
•••
•••

Rockwall News Video

•••
•••

Rockwall Jobs

•••