Who will run for county judge?

Posted in the Rockwall Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
DRock14

Rockwall, TX

#1 Aug 13, 2012
Who are the candidates thinking of announcing their run for judge?
SpongeBob

Rockwall, TX

#2 Aug 14, 2012
Me & Patrick!!
SpongeBob

Rockwall, TX

#3 Aug 14, 2012
Patrick & I, says mr crabs... Hahahaha
TRN

Haslet, TX

#4 Aug 14, 2012
Isn't hogan gonna run again? There's nobody up there now in officr that's qualified.
DRock14

Rockwall, TX

#5 Aug 14, 2012
Hogan says he's a one termer.
SpongeBob

Rockwall, TX

#6 Aug 14, 2012
TRN wrote:
Isn't hogan gonna run again? There's nobody up there now in officr that's qualified.
I'm completely qualified.
N4m'dNrockcty

Rockwall, TX

#7 Aug 14, 2012
Lee Gilbert and Doug Hamilton have been 'reported' as interested. Hogan could go back on his wish for 1 term and run again. Wimpee likely lost any chance with his 'hacksaw' incident. Bailey could run too and could do well. You could see folks from current or past Rockwall or Heath councils and RISD Trustees as well. This could firm up to be a 5 person race depending on who starts making noise 1st.

Whether or not aforementioned are formidable will be ironed out in the 'leaking' process for each. Would like to know if others have heard more names.
yeah righy

Dallas, TX

#8 Aug 14, 2012
[QUOTE who="N4m'dNrockcty"] Lee Gilbert and Doug Hamilton have been 'reported' as interested. Hogan could go back on his wish for 1 term and run again. Wimpee likely lost any chance with his 'hacksaw' incident. Bailey could run too and could do well. You could see folks from current or past Rockwall or Heath councils and RISD Trustees as well. This could firm up to be a 5 person race depending on who starts making noise 1st.

Whether or not aforementioned are formidable will be ironed out in the 'leaking' process for each. Would like to know if others have heard more names.[/QUOTE]
NO ONE on the current or recent past RISD school boards is qualified to run the county! They all had a hand in padding Burton's "retirement" package.
SpongeBob

Rockwall, TX

#9 Aug 14, 2012
yeah righy wrote:
[QUOTE who="N4m'dNrockcty"] Lee Gilbert and Doug Hamilton have been 'reported' as interested. Hogan could go back on his wish for 1 term and run again. Wimpee likely lost any chance with his 'hacksaw' incident. Bailey could run too and could do well. You could see folks from current or past Rockwall or Heath councils and RISD Trustees as well. This could firm up to be a 5 person race depending on who starts making noise 1st.

Whether or not aforementioned are formidable will be ironed out in the 'leaking' process for each. Would like to know if others have heard more names."

NO ONE on the current or recent past RISD school boards is qualified to run the county! They all had a hand in padding Burton's "retirement" package.
all we here is Blah Blah Blah
Bimbo

Rockwall, TX

#10 Aug 15, 2012
We want David Sweet.
GenX

Rockwall, TX

#11 Aug 16, 2012
Check out the age of all the county court. Hogan...70s...Magness...60s... Grinnan..50s...Bailey...60s... Sevier...60s...
Don't we need a couple of commish or judge with some new blood? Who are the new leaders in Rockwall? We have so much hate for all the past 10 years in the county but why? They're all retirement positions. Let's get some young'ns in there that have something to lose other than a pension.
Most in the county are in in their 30s and 40s average. Who's out there that can lead into the future?
Nell Welborn

Rockwall, TX

#12 Aug 16, 2012
GenX wrote:
Check out the age of all the county court. Hogan...70s...Magness...60s... Grinnan..50s...Bailey...60s... Sevier...60s...
Don't we need a couple of commish or judge with some new blood? Who are the new leaders in Rockwall? We have so much hate for all the past 10 years in the county but why? They're all retirement positions. Let's get some young'ns in there that have something to lose other than a pension.
Most in the county are in in their 30s and 40s average. Who's out there that can lead into the future?
One of the sharpest young people around is Brian Williams, County Court-at-Law judge. He functioned as an attorney for the commissioners court for several years so understands the working of this body. I don't know if County Judge, largely an administrative function at present, would be a step up or down from a political point of view, but holding this office would broaden his experience. At some point, I would like to see him run for an office in State government.
GenX

United States

#13 Aug 17, 2012
Nell Welborn wrote:
<quoted text>One of the sharpest young people around is Brian Williams, County Court-at-Law judge. He functioned as an attorney for the commissioners court for several years so understands the working of this body. I don't know if County Judge, largely an administrative function at present, would be a step up or down from a political point of view, but holding this office would broaden his experience. At some point, I would like to see him run for an office in State government.
You'd rather see him at CJ than DA? I agree that he'd be a good one but not sure if he has a better chance at getting to the next level by running for CJ.
Old School

Rockwall, TX

#14 Aug 17, 2012
"Hacksaw" for Judge
Oh no

Haslet, TX

#15 Aug 18, 2012
If Doug Hamilton and Lee Gilbert are the best we have to choose from we are screwed. Lee is a nobody and Hamilton might be the worst ever elected official. Doug is in over his head on the school board.
oh no no

Rockwall, TX

#16 Aug 18, 2012
Oh no wrote:
If Doug Hamilton and Lee Gilbert are the best we have to choose from we are screwed. Lee is a nobody and Hamilton might be the worst ever elected official. Doug is in over his head on the school board.
They may run, but neither can win. There are qualified individuals who haven't announced their interest. Just b/c they say they want to run doesn't mean they could win.
Lori Grinnan

Haslet, TX

#17 Aug 18, 2012
What about me?
oh no no

United States

#18 Aug 19, 2012
Lori Grinnan wrote:
What about me?
Has there ever been a female judge?
Watching

Rockwall, TX

#19 Aug 19, 2012
oh no no wrote:
<quoted text>
Has there ever been a female judge?
No, but that's no reason to have one. Nor is it a reason NOT to elect one. Grinnan is intelligent, tenacious, and one of the hardest working members of the court. She also seems to be on top of things and understands the issues.
Turd Tracks

Rockwall, TX

#20 Aug 19, 2012
yeah righy wrote:

Whether or not aforementioned are formidable will be ironed out in the 'leaking' process for each. Would like to know if others have heard more names."

well stated! I will campaign against any school board member as a county candidate.
I'm still pissed about the catering, food and junket expenses on the RISD check register

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockwall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dallas Fort Worth 13 hr John 2
News Texas' battle over teaching evolution comes dow... 14 hr Honest 9
kinfolk mc member a snitch! 15 hr Real ride or die 6
Heath Dream Team? 15 hr Has Been 18
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 15 hr James 9,762
Ed Taiwo Continental Parts Company 19 hr The Owls 4
Black Thug Watch. Name the black thug criminals... Fri Gov Jerry Brown 15

Rockwall Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance