Sarah Pender Captured

Sarah Pender Captured

There are 152 comments on the WTHI Terre Haute story from Dec 20, 2008, titled Sarah Pender Captured. In it, WTHI Terre Haute reports that:

News 10 has confirmed that officials have arrested Sarah Pender, a convicted murderer, who had escaped from the Rockville Correctional Facility in August.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHI Terre Haute.

Ex-offender

Bowling Green, KY

#131 Apr 4, 2009
If you look Indiana Dept of Corrections, put his name in, he now has a doc number all his own, and its states he is in central, intake. I also wonder where he will be housed
concerned

Covington, IN

#132 Apr 26, 2009
Ex-offender wrote:
If you look Indiana Dept of Corrections, put his name in, he now has a doc number all his own, and its states he is in central, intake. I also wonder where he will be housed
he is still housed at the Parke County Jail working as a trustee. You should have known he would have the better end of the deal when it came to where he is housed and how "tough" it would be for him.
William Dale Matherly

Tyrone, PA

#133 Apr 26, 2009
From what I hear he is servicing all the inmates in the Parke County jail before he gets moved. They are working hard to make him a prison bitch. Saw his commisary order he bought alot of red kool aid.
Taylor Spitler

Clinton, IN

#134 May 1, 2009
Shut up! First of all that is SO inappropriate. No one wants to hear that. And secondly why can't anyone grow up and have an adult conversation on here. I don't care if you want to talk about the case, but don't say nasty things like that. I'm 18 and I'm more mature than most of you idiots. BTW learn to spell.
FLTom

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#135 May 1, 2009
I haven't been here since February, but I thought I'd check in and see if anything interesting had been said.

Wow -- what a thread. The level of self-deception and casuistry (look it up) among Hull and Pender's defenders is astonishing.

I think the bit I find the most fascinating is where Tabikat goes on and on for post after post about what a great guy her brother was until Drew and Trish came into his life. He was a model citizen and a credit to his family. And then we find out he had multiple misdemeanor arrests and two felony arrests long before he hooked up with his eventual murder victims!

But Hull's friends don't just lay down and take the hit. Oh no, not them. Butterfly tells us that Hull was entirely innocent of the home break-in charge. You see, he was moseying down the street, maybe a little absentmindedly. And because he wasn't paying much attention, he accidentally walked into the wrong house. All the houses look the same on that street, don't you know. And then even after he got inside, he just didn't notice that the furniture wasn't his own furniture, and that the place was decorated differently from his own house. Hey, these things happen! So naturally he went to the refrigerator and got himself a bite to eat. He's a big guy, 6'3" 300 lbs. He's gotta eat! Now, why in hell the homeowner got all excited about having an uninvited guest in his kitchen is a mystery to big ol' Rick. Anybody can walk into the wrong house, can't they?

Apparently, Butterfly thinks this is a serious argument that makes sense to the average person. What world do these people live in?

And also quite interesting is the fact that Butterfly chose not to address the felony auto theft charge. I guess she couldn't come up with a way that an innocent person could break a steering column, or whatever it was Hull did to come into possession of a stolen car.

Reading the defenders of Hull and Pender only makes me more certain that those two are right where they belong -- behind bars. Neither Butterfly nor Tabikat have the ability to construct effective argument. The stuff they've written is so hopelessly morally confused that's it's actually against the interests of Hull or Pender for it to be published.

“OPEN YOUR MIND”

Since: Oct 08

Terre Haute

#136 May 1, 2009
kate's for three months ,come back and we are still talking about the same things?
tabbikat75

Arlington Heights, IL

#137 May 2, 2009
Ok tom so this is how it all started my brother was at a friends house and a friend needed a ride home cause they were to drunk to drive and one of my brothers friends told him to take his car so my brother did not think anything would go wrong well my brother feel asleep at the house where he took his friend he was thinking he would be fine he would just get up in the morning and take the car back well his friends dad reported the car stolen and my brother got in busted he didn't break know windows or anything like that he was helping someone out. My brother lost his football career cause of the bad choices he made he turned to drinking and if you new anything about my family you would know the pain that we have had yes he did walk into someones house he was drunk and had know clue what was going on the lady was going to drop the charges but if you new anything about the noblesville cops they had it bad for my brother because all of the dui that he had so the charges stuck.You could talk to any of the teachers or anyone else that grew up around my brother he was not a bad guy he mad mistakes and the bottle got the best of him. he was a stright A student and had a full ride to FSU Indiana and NC but because of his drinking it was all taken away. Before you judge someone TOM get to know them cause you have know clue about my brother besides what you read. Didn't your momma ever tell you not to judge a book by its cover well i guess not. I just don't understad how you can set back and judge someone with out not knowing anything about them you are a real stand up guy there TOM i bet your mom is so proud to have an idiot for a son
FLTom

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#138 May 2, 2009
Tabbikat - In all honesty, I have some compassion for you and some respect for the efforts you're making on behalf of your brother. He has a loving sister, and that must be of great comfort to him in his current circumstances.

But you need to think about how to effectively argue a legal and moral case. You're not doing it on this thread. Many criminals have personal histories identical to your brother's. If you want to argue that he deserves leniency, you need to show that he's plainly demonstrating progress towards personal responsibility. A screwed up childhood and alcoholism are not mitigating factors for him, and don't constitute a good excuse. On the contrary, alcoholism is an aggravating factor and a significant indicator of poor character.

Your brother's life followed a tragic progression. One bad decision after another eventually brought him to a place where he was firing bullets into living human beings. Thousands of criminals in our society have the same story.

The first step up from his self-inflicted hell is brutal and unflinching honesty in self-examination. He's got to know who he is and what's he done, accept his punishment like a man, and choose love over hate even in the dank and dark corridors of prison. If he can do that, he can still live a meaningful life.

When he tells his loving sister to stop making excuses for him and lying for him on internet message boards, you'll have joyful reason to believe that he's finally on the right path.
Huh

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#139 May 2, 2009
tabbikat75 wrote:
Ok tom so this is how it all started my brother was at a friends house and a friend needed a ride home cause they were to drunk to drive and one of my brothers friends told him to take his car so my brother did not think anything would go wrong well my brother feel asleep at the house where he took his friend he was thinking he would be fine he would just get up in the morning and take the car back well his friends dad reported the car stolen and my brother got in busted he didn't break know windows or anything like that he was helping someone out. My brother lost his football career cause of the bad choices he made he turned to drinking and if you new anything about my family you would know the pain that we have had yes he did walk into someones house he was drunk and had know clue what was going on the lady was going to drop the charges but if you new anything about the noblesville cops they had it bad for my brother because all of the dui that he had so the charges stuck.You could talk to any of the teachers or anyone else that grew up around my brother he was not a bad guy he mad mistakes and the bottle got the best of him. he was a stright A student and had a full ride to FSU Indiana and NC but because of his drinking it was all taken away. Before you judge someone TOM get to know them cause you have know clue about my brother besides what you read. Didn't your momma ever tell you not to judge a book by its cover well i guess not. I just don't understad how you can set back and judge someone with out not knowing anything about them you are a real stand up guy there TOM i bet your mom is so proud to have an idiot for a son
That's your version, not necessarily the absolute truth of the matter. Don't confuse the two.
shethug

United States

#140 May 2, 2009
This thread is like a soap opera. Let's get back to the original point. Sarah Pender is a murdering thug. Period.
tabbikat75

Arlington Heights, IL

#141 May 3, 2009
My version? Hello he is my brother i grew up around him i think i know the truth there buddy maybe you should learn not to confuse things just cause you read something doesn't mean its the truth
tabbikat75

Arlington Heights, IL

#142 May 3, 2009
Ok Tom i am not saying my brother should not be in there I am not making excuses for what he did it was really wrong thing to do and i wish every day that he handled things different. I am standing up for him not excuses cause everyone wants to judge him for what he did. I am telling my brothers story he was a great guy that made poor choices. He lives with this everyday and he does not like the things he did. If you could only understand my brother i wish my brother was strong and did not turn to drinking after he lost his career. He would not be where he is today. I just don't want people to judge him when they dont know him. I will always stand up for him i don't like his choices but i will always be there for him. It would be nice if people were not so judgemental you know.
Ex-offender

Falmouth, KY

#143 May 6, 2009
I do not know you, but I read the last posting and I am assuming your brother is locked up. I did 3 yrs in prison, and have been out for nearly 2. I have changed my life. I am writing this to you to tell your brother to just hang in there. Only he can change himself, but he must forgive himself and also take responsibility for what he did. It sounds like he has done that. There are some programs in prison that can and do help. Substance abuse program is a great one, as well as na and aa meetings. However, all the programs in the the world won't change your brother until he is ready to change. I had made a mess out of my life, and let so many people down. I got on my knees and I prayed for forgiveness, and with God's help I did my time, and I have changed. I would recommend your brother start reading the bible. He can get one if he doesn't have one. God doesn't judge us, and he will forgive us, however, we must also forgive. I do not judge anyone, and I learned in prison, that sin is sin. No one is any better than anyone else. Hang in there and keep supporting your brother. Don't listen to the people who are judging.
tabbikat75 wrote:
Ok Tom i am not saying my brother should not be in there I am not making excuses for what he did it was really wrong thing to do and i wish every day that he handled things different. I am standing up for him not excuses cause everyone wants to judge him for what he did. I am telling my brothers story he was a great guy that made poor choices. He lives with this everyday and he does not like the things he did. If you could only understand my brother i wish my brother was strong and did not turn to drinking after he lost his career. He would not be where he is today. I just don't want people to judge him when they dont know him. I will always stand up for him i don't like his choices but i will always be there for him. It would be nice if people were not so judgemental you know.
choc cvrd strawberries

Blytheville, AR

#144 May 17, 2009
FLTom wrote:
I haven't been here since February, but I thought I'd check in and see if anything interesting had been said.
Wow -- what a thread. The level of self-deception and casuistry (look it up) among Hull and Pender's defenders is astonishing.
I think the bit I find the most fascinating is where Tabikat goes on and on for post after post about what a great guy her brother was until Drew and Trish came into his life. He was a model citizen and a credit to his family. And then we find out he had multiple misdemeanor arrests and two felony arrests long before he hooked up with his eventual murder victims!
But Hull's friends don't just lay down and take the hit. Oh no, not them. Butterfly tells us that Hull was entirely innocent of the home break-in charge. You see, he was moseying down the street, maybe a little absentmindedly. And because he wasn't paying much attention, he accidentally walked into the wrong house. All the houses look the same on that street, don't you know. And then even after he got inside, he just didn't notice that the furniture wasn't his own furniture, and that the place was decorated differently from his own house. Hey, these things happen! So naturally he went to the refrigerator and got himself a bite to eat. He's a big guy, 6'3" 300 lbs. He's gotta eat! Now, why in hell the homeowner got all excited about having an uninvited guest in his kitchen is a mystery to big ol' Rick. Anybody can walk into the wrong house, can't they?
Apparently, Butterfly thinks this is a serious argument that makes sense to the average person. What world do these people live in?
And also quite interesting is the fact that Butterfly chose not to address the felony auto theft charge. I guess she couldn't come up with a way that an innocent person could break a steering column, or whatever it was Hull did to come into possession of a stolen car.
Reading the defenders of Hull and Pender only makes me more certain that those two are right where they belong -- behind bars. Neither Butterfly nor Tabikat have the ability to construct effective argument. The stuff they've written is so hopelessly morally confused that's it's actually against the interests of Hull or Pender for it to be published.
u no if u had an ounce of intelligence about any part of this case u wouldnt say that tabikat and butterfly couldnt construct an effective arguement because one is hull's sister and the other is his bestfriend!!!! so if anyone should no about the facts of this case, wouldnt an intelligent person be able to say its them!!!! u no i dont understand how someone can judge a person theyve never met!! but ALL u closeminded people get on this thread and do just that! the one everybody needs to be talkin about on this thread is the one the thread was made about, SARA PENDER!!! so before u ? tabikat and butterfly's facts about the case u might ought to get the TRUE FACTS!! before u make yourself look like a dumba@#. O im sorry youve already done that!! sorry to late.
Quite curious

United States

#145 Oct 18, 2009
Tim Tebow fan wrote:
I heard Kenny Hoggatt talking at Walmart that Sarah was pregnant when she was let loose any else heard that?i wonder who's it was Boyles,Hemrich or Spitler's? it wasn't Heitzman's he likes Mexican food..........
let's hope it's not true...
Jim

Ft Mitchell, KY

#146 Oct 18, 2009
pandy4u wrote:
<quoted text> ya let her kill someone in your family ,and see you say that .
They said it because they are inbred and stupid.
Mrs Hemrich

United States

#147 Oct 18, 2009
I was never aware of the pregnancy rumors...
Killemall

League City, TX

#149 Oct 23, 2009
Larry Faulkner wrote:
If she confessed her sin to God and asked for forgivness then she should be let free. If you have any questions contact me; Larry Moses Faulkner, President of Faulkner Evangelestic Association of Terre Haute.
Idiots for Jesus, anyone? ROFLMAO!!
just me

United States

#150 Nov 6, 2009
oh goodness pender is on fox news monday at 10 lets see what the crazy has to say now!!!
Hmmm

United States

#151 Nov 6, 2009
just me wrote:
oh goodness pender is on fox news monday at 10 lets see what the crazy has to say now!!!
Oh really I wonder why? Who did she sleep with Now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hollandsburg murders (May '06) Jun 21 Former Rockville ... 458
corrupt rockville correctional facility (Sep '12) Jun 17 Kimberly 152
Rockville Pool Jun 17 Sherri 3
G&M Variety Jun 12 Guest 2
News Two swastikas painted on Montezuma home (Sep '08) Jun 9 Mark 23
Mike Farrar Jun 7 Hum hah 1
Shannon Stratton = s.n.i.t.c.h. May '16 Pops 3

Rockville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rockville Mortgages