Spitler appears in court

Full story: WTHI Terre Haute

A local correctional officer is now officially facing charges after allegedly helping Sarah Pender escape from the Rockville Correctional Facility on Monday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of467
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
stacy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

i feel sorry for his wife and family
jean

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

you have to feel sorry for the family,but he should have been thinking about them in the first place.
what

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

NINE years is the maximum for letting out a murderer.......are you serious!!!! Crime should be a Class A felony not a C. What if she kills again....he is just as responsible as if he commited the murder.
kelly1

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Yeah I agree doesn't quite seem fair for him to only be looking at 9 years - he probably won't serve any time!! What is going to stop the next dirt bag from letting one of them out???
north carolina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

I can tell how badly people feel for his family, by stupid remarkes made.They probably never made a mistake in there life. "RIGHT". leave it alone you know nothing about him or his family
rev billy bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

I feel sorry for Scott when his wife throw him out just like the garbages.Before she had even had chance to talk to him. I know its not probley the case. Could he had done it to protect his family. He could have been black mailed. If would only think about it.If he done for him self would he had taken her just outside the prision to met someone else. no I don't think so they would have taken off togetter for points unknow.Maybe he was unhappy with home life,and she fed him a line get me out.and we can be togetter ever after.Then he took her out and as soon as they where out she said this were I get out my ride is here.That might be how they caught the other woman as quick because Scott them the Lic,# of the car she got into.This is not meant to get him off but a little in sight of might have happen. Also remember the woman had killed before who knows what friends she may have.
Annoyed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

THE REAL DIRK wrote:
<quoted text>
DUDE you watch to much TV. What this fool did was the worst thing an officer could do. He let himself get caught up in her wicked ways. He was looking for a piece of A S S she put out and in return she used him to get out. He could have made the right choice but no he thought with his other head. I hope they lock him and throw away the key
HE HAS NO SEXUAL CHARGES!! READ THE STORIES!!
If your not going to pay attention then don't write anything! Thank you Billy Bob for having some sense.
north carolina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

thank you annoyed.some think foul language solve it all
your kidding right

Shamokin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

north carolina...you are a moron...A Correctional Workers number 1 responsibility is to keep inmates behind the fence or within the confines of the prison grounds. (THIS IS DONE TO PROTECT SOCIETY). He knew this, HE'S BEEN TO MULTIPLE TRAINING CLASSES TALKING ABOUT THIS VERY THING and he violated his responsibility. As for making mistakes..this one is a doozy...he had better hope that this women doesn't kill again while on the loose. He CAN AND PROBABLY WILL be HELD responsible for any crime she commits...because he let her out. The bottom line IS our courts are responsible for releasing inmates. And as for his family THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS..your right, HE ALONE made this decision to be a DIRTY CORRECTIONAL OFFICER. Hey Annoyed who cares about the other charges..this DIRTY CORRECTIONAL OFFICER MADE A MISTAKE WHICH ALLOWED A CONVICTED MURDERER TO ESCAPE FROM CUSTODY.
mac

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

his wife is my mom he is my dad and u guys have no right to talk trash this is between my family and i he is a wonderful dad he made a mistake yes but he is human so plz stop talkin tash about my dad
north carolina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

I am from a law inforcement family I know about training. I can tell you are from KY
Annoyed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

your kidding right wrote:
north carolina...you are a moron...A Correctional Workers number 1 responsibility is to keep inmates behind the fence or within the confines of the prison grounds.(THIS IS DONE TO PROTECT SOCIETY). He knew this, HE'S BEEN TO MULTIPLE TRAINING CLASSES TALKING ABOUT THIS VERY THING and he violated his responsibility. As for making mistakes..this one is a doozy...he had better hope that this women doesn't kill again while on the loose. He CAN AND PROBABLY WILL be HELD
responsible for any crime she commits...because he let her out. The bottom line IS our courts are responsible for releasing inmates. And as for his family THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS..your right, HE ALONE made this decision to be a DIRTY CORRECTIONAL OFFICER. Hey Annoyed who cares about the other charges..this DIRTY CORRECTIONAL OFFICER MADE A MISTAKE WHICH ALLOWED A CONVICTED MURDERER TO ESCAPE FROM CUSTODY.
Actually I care a whole lot about every single charge. And I know a lot of other people who care just as much as I do. I am determined to make sure everyone has the story straight before they start bumping their gums.
ANGIWEV1972

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

THE REAL DIRK wrote:
<quoted text>
DUDE you watch to much TV. What this fool did was the worst thing an officer could do. He let himself get caught up in her wicked ways. He was looking for a piece of A S S she put out and in return she used him to get out. He could have made the right choice but no he thought with his other head. I hope they lock him and throw away the key
I AM SCOTTS COUSIN AND THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BELIEVED ALL ALONG!! IM TIRED OF EVERYONE BASHING HIM. WE HAVE NOT HEARD HIS SIDE OF THE STORY!!
ANGIWEV1972

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

mac wrote:
his wife is my mom he is my dad and u guys have no right to talk trash this is between my family and i he is a wonderful dad he made a mistake yes but he is human so plz stop talkin tash about my dad
YOU ARE RIGHT AND HE IS MY COUSIN!! HE IS A VERY GOOD GUY and just made a bad choice!!
ANGIWEV1972

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

mac wrote:
MAC U PROBABLY DONT NO ME YOUR DAD IS MY COUSIN I GREW UP WITH HIM I MET YOUR MOM A COUPLE OF TIMES. VERY NICE LADY!! HOPE THING CAN WORK OUT BEWEEN THEM. LUV TO HEAR HIS SIDE OF STORY. WOULD TELL YOU MORE SO YOUR MOM WOULD NO WHO I AM BUT DONT WANT ALL THESE MORONS NOWING ANYTHING MORE ABOUT US!!
Jessica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

ANGIWEV1972 wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE RIGHT AND HE IS MY COUSIN!! HE IS A VERY GOOD GUY and just made a bad choice!!
He may be your cousin, but he made more than a bad choice!!! She is a murderer he has put lives in danger by letting her go, shes a ticking time bomb!! So if she kills again, are you going to personally tell the families, Im sorry my cousin made a mistake?
idoc officer

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

We all know Spitler made a very big mistake.But to bash him like this where his children can see it is totally wrong.I work at rockville and yes we are all in awe over this.He will be tried in a court of law.It is not up to us to judge him.I am just as upset as the rest of you.But remember every thing you write his children will see.Whould you want your family to see all the trash talk if the shoe was on the other foot.His family did not ask for this to happen to them.I will pray for his family to make it through all this.
Annoyed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

THE REAL DIRK wrote:
<quoted text>
He is charged with SEXUAL MISCONDUCT that is a sexual charge MORON
Well whoever you are, I am Scott's daughter and I was in the court room when they read his charges. That was NOT one of them. SOO please continue to tell me what MY father is and is not charged with.
Ben Baker

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

I always thought Scott was a fine young Correctional Officer.
Taylor Spitler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

Ben Baker wrote:
I always thought Scott was a fine young Correctional Officer.
Thank you. It is nice to hear good things about my dad. I'm just going to start ignoring everyone else and only read the people who have nice things to say. The people that don't know him don't matter. I love my father unconditionally.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of467
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rockville Discussions

Search the Rockville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tiki Hut gas station on 36 (May '13) Apr 22 Chris 11
Who will be the NEXT Parke County Sheriff (Jul '13) Apr 20 citizen 12
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Apr 19 squeezers 1,285
Kevin Jacks Apr 11 Tina 1
How the town got its name Mar 25 james 2
Brian Williams (Jul '10) Mar '14 also judged by parke co 54
Spitler reacts to Pender's arrest (Jan '09) Mar '14 ex inmate 169
•••
•••
•••
•••

Rockville Jobs

•••
•••
•••