LAB..... lee alan bryant...... WOW

LAB..... lee alan bryant...... WOW

Posted in the Rockville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
new to here

Cedar City, UT

#1 Feb 17, 2011
really interested in this building, what is the history? what is it? what was it? Is it known to be haunted? VERY CREEPY. why is the sky view of the building shaped like a cross?? please anything would be great. ITS like a deep secret cant find nothing about it, no pictures, nothing.
prius

Danville, KY

#2 Feb 18, 2011
It originally started out as the county poor house. You can view the original documents at the Rockville Library. It has been a mental health facility for SEVERAL years. The building in the back used to be the jail there. There have been NUMEROUS deaths there over the years, and even to the present. Check out the library, you will find many photos and history.
new to here

Cedar City, UT

#3 Feb 18, 2011
prius wrote:
It originally started out as the county poor house. You can view the original documents at the Rockville Library. It has been a mental health facility for SEVERAL years. The building in the back used to be the jail there. There have been NUMEROUS deaths there over the years, and even to the present. Check out the library, you will find many photos and history.
THANKS, WILL DEF. CHECK IT OUT!
AMY

Weleetka, OK

#4 Feb 21, 2011
I believed it to be a sanitarium, or TB hospital.
No secrets...go to public library in Rockville. Ask Cindy Hines, the head librarian. Her ex husband owned/owns it.
prius

Danville, KY

#5 Mar 9, 2011
I actually screwed up and gave u info on the Rockville Residential Care Center which is owned by LAB. That building sits out by the Parke County golf course. Sorry, but it's just as creepy!
Kris

Weleetka, OK

#6 Sep 4, 2011
It wasn't a poor house it was the turberculosis sanitarium, and ya it is creepy, i used to work there
Susanne

Wilburton, OK

#7 Aug 12, 2012
I used to to work for lab and i worked in the laundry room. I was out there by myself and a shoe went flying across the room and hit the dryer. i didn't like going into the clock out room to clock out by myself, it was dark and creepy,it was the same area they used back in the TB DAYS to take out the ones that didn't make. being out there alone is the reason why i left. they had some ghost investigators ot there but they never said anything. Lee alan bryant was a TB hosptal.I felt sorry for the patience there, they were not treated well. lee alan bryant should have been shut down along time ago,but where would the people go? they could't afford the bills we had no air or heat in the landry room it sucked. Hopefully they don't reopen it. They need to tear it down and sell the property.I went into work one day and i didnt notice until a couple of nurses told me that there were dead animals on the property.We had a dead horse,cow,and donkey.no vehicle in site no accident. I qiut 2 days later bad omen.
TAMARA

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Who can be contacted for a tour?
Emmy

United States

#9 Oct 13, 2012
No need for a tour guide. Found my own(: I have a neat obsession with this building and it's history & I just want to go check out the tunnels. I've wanted to for years. & no worries, it would take a million dollars to open that place up again because do you realize how many scavengers have been out there scrapping the ceiling & walls for wires? It's all gone pretty much.
anonymous

Glen Ellyn, IL

#10 Nov 2, 2012
"Take this comment into serious concideration, it is being relayed straight from the caretaker himself" Upon finding out that someone is giving people "Permission" to ghost hunt/tour the buildings at Lee Alan Bryant i have found this to be a LIE on that mans behalf. No one is to be roaming the property because it is still PRIVATE PROPERTY, and if that does not suffice then if you are found on the property your vehicle or vehicles will be confiscated and instead of needing a tour guide you will need a bail bondsman. The buildings are in bad shape and if someone gets hurt its your own fault not the owner's.
i suggest you head this warning because the authorities have been notified and will be called if you are found out there.

Just remember that just because something has shut down doesnt make it okay to walk right in and do what you want.
LEVI

Greenwood, IN

#11 Nov 2, 2012
Lee Alan Bryant is private property. Yes it is shut down, meaning no trespassing allowed. There are people who watch the buildings and know exactly when people are in them.
I am the caretaker's son. And if any of you are caught on the property, going through the buildings, or "ghost hunting", you will be fined for trespassing. And if we see fit, you will lose your possessions. If you do not cooperate with these rules, you will be escorted by the police off the property. If caught twice, you will go to jail.
les

Channahon, IL

#12 Nov 10, 2012
can someone tell me who owns the building? or property im with wps and would love to do an investagation on culver union hospital !! id like to get permission for our group to go in.. maybe an email or such? thank you
Learn the LAW

Dana, IN

#13 Nov 20, 2012
LEVI

You are correct about everything, except you CANNOT take ANY possessions from someone "As you see fit". That is illegal and considered stealing, even if they were trespassing. The only way this would be OK is if you are taking back something proven to have been stolen from the property and the authorities were on scene. If someone goes in there, and brings their own camera and you decide to "confiscate" it "as you see fit" - they can charge you for stealing, caretaker or not.
Susanne

United States

#14 Jan 10, 2013
I understand there's a no trespassing sign, but the place is shut down, it's vacant{supposed to be}. Is there something u guys r hiding that u don't want no one to know about. I used to work there twice and that place creeped me out everyday I worked there. You guys R hiding something. U can't keep that place under lock and key forever U will eventually have to leave yourselfs just like your patience. but atleast u will have a place to go. Your patience got screwed. I got along with alot of patience from adams Hall and the Quad. Let me give u some suggestions like dennis who used to help out with laundry, and Philip who just walked around.I hope that they just destroy that place.
It was evil just like the people that worked there.
Jamie

Danville, IL

#15 Jan 12, 2013
LEVI

I belong to a paranormal investigation team. We are professional and only seek research. Is there any way to get permission to do an investigation there ? email me at [email protected] please.
susanne

United States

#16 Jan 18, 2013
anonymous wrote:
"Take this comment into serious concideration, it is being relayed straight from the caretaker himself" Upon finding out that someone is giving people "Permission" to ghost hunt/tour the buildings at Lee Alan Bryant i have found this to be a LIE on that mans behalf. No one is to be roaming the property because it is still PRIVATE PROPERTY, and if that does not suffice then if you are found on the property your vehicle or vehicles will be confiscated and instead of needing a tour guide you will need a bail bondsman. The buildings are in bad shape and if someone gets hurt its your own fault not the owner's.
i suggest you head this warning because the authorities have been notified and will be called if you are found out there.
Just remember that just because something has shut down doesnt make it okay to walk right in and do what you want.
why would u want to check out the tunnels they go through the out side door where u clock out and there's a storage room on the left that that is two doors that r supposed to be locked not always and thats where they keep all the extra supplies. Thats where the one maintnance guy got killed. U walk to the right and theres a long hallway and to the right is a housekepers door locked. and down at the end of the hallway is two doors is says don't enter asbestos areas. you cant enter them I tried. there is no getting through. If u walk up the drive way away from the laundry room u with see a little building locked up to of course but thats where they use to take the t.b. patients out of.
RH H

Houston, TX

#17 Feb 16, 2013
LAB WAS A AMAZING PLACE. I WORKED THERE FOR A LONG TIME, IN ADAMS HALL. ALL THE STAFF WERE WONDERFUL TO ALL THE PATIENTS, WE WERE ALL A BIG LOVING FAMILY. THEY ALL LOVED US AND WE LOVED AND CARED FOR THEM. THE OWNER AN HIS FAMILY DID EVERYTHING FOR THE PATIENTS. AND THE STAFF. I HATE THAT IT GOT SHUT DOWN GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF ALL OF THEM. WHER EVER THEY ARE. THEY WERE CRAZY BUT WOULD NOT HAVE HURT ANY OF US.EVER ! WE WERE NOT A LOCK DOWN FACILITY, SO YA A FEW ENDED UP HURT BY ACCIDENT. THEY COULD GO AND WALK THE PROPERITY AS THEY PLEASED IT WASNT A JAIL. A LOT OF WOODS OUT THERE SHIT HAPPENS ACCIDENTS HAPPEN JEZZZ GE A LIFE PEOPLE
Amanda

Clinton, IN

#18 Aug 2, 2013
Jamie wrote:
LEVI
I belong to a paranormal investigation team. We are professional and only seek research. Is there any way to get permission to do an investigation there ? email me at [email protected] please.
Jamie,
If you know who the owners are would you let me know? I would like to go out and legally talk to someone about cleaning up some of the junk.
Caller 10

United States

#19 Aug 14, 2013
Will you clean my junk?
lab5yrs

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Nov 9, 2013
susanne wrote:
<quoted text>why would u want to check out the tunnels they go through the out side door where u clock out and there's a storage room on the left that that is two doors that r supposed to be locked not always and thats where they keep all the extra supplies. Thats where the one maintnance guy got killed. U walk to the right and theres a long hallway and to the right is a housekepers door locked. and down at the end of the hallway is two doors is says don't enter asbestos areas. you cant enter them I tried. there is no getting through. If u walk up the drive way away from the laundry room u with see a little building locked up to of course but thats where they use to take the t.b. patients out of.
that was my husband that was murdered i have been back in the tunnels not scary at all didnt feel haunted at all to me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll i desperately need to know all the dirt on inma... (Sep '12) Aug 19 Chris peace 13 19
Kevin Rickard (Oct '13) Aug 12 yep 2
Mike Farrar Aug 12 Mike Farrar 3
hollandsburg murders (May '06) Aug 11 jwwinpcb 460
Travis Pugh Aug 4 Loser 2
G&M Variety Jul 29 Anonymous 5
volunteer fire depts Jul 27 Toot 2

Rockville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rockville Mortgages