Fire chief charged with DWI in fatal ...

Fire chief charged with DWI in fatal crash into home

There are 119 comments on the Journalgazette.net story from Jun 28, 2011, titled Fire chief charged with DWI in fatal crash into home. In it, Journalgazette.net reports that:

MECCA, Ind. Police say a western Indiana fire chief is being held on a preliminary drunken driving charge after his car crashed into a house, killing a man and critically injuring his wife.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journalgazette.net.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Cledus

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Jun 28, 2011
The Ft. Wayne paper must have had to let the proofreaders go due to budget cuts?

"43-year-old Stacey Williamson was died at the scene"
seriously

Kingston, IL

#2 Jun 29, 2011
This Man died and his wife critically injured ad all you car about is a typo? What about the family and their children. All because of a drunk driver. Try saying a prayer.
Mary

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jun 29, 2011
Why couldn't that Jackass idiot and the Fire Chief hit headon.
Enough

Milwaukee, WI

#4 Jun 29, 2011
What Jackass?
Mary

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Jun 29, 2011
Enough wrote:
What Jackass?
The drunk Ryan Dunn from MTV's Jackass and the movies of the same name that killed himself and an innocent person last week in a car wreck.
Mecca Resident

United States

#6 Jun 29, 2011
Instead of you people being on here complaining...we all need to be praying for the tragic loss in this small town. So please refrain from your little comments and have the Mecca community in your prayers.
Thank You
me

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Jun 29, 2011
I agree with Mecca Resident, this community needs our prayers.
I used to be friends with Mike and his brother Dave years ago. Their Mom needs many prayers right now as well as the Williamsons. Such a tragedy that could have been avoided.
Drinking and driving while showing off will never turn out good.
John

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Jun 29, 2011
me wrote:
I agree with Mecca Resident, this community needs our prayers.
I used to be friends with Mike and his brother Dave years ago. Their Mom needs many prayers right now as well as the Williamsons. Such a tragedy that could have been avoided.
Drinking and driving while showing off will never turn out good.
There is nothing good about drinking, period!
Mecca Resident

United States

#9 Jun 29, 2011
I have a question for "me". I appreciate you aggreance. But your statement of "showing off" has got me bothered. Who was he showing off for at 445 in the morning? I understand that now is not the time to throw stones but that bothered me. Please understand i am not upset...it just bothered me.
Friend

Terre Haute, IN

#10 Jun 29, 2011
Mary wrote:
Why couldn't that Jackass idiot and the Fire Chief hit headon.
Why can't you say some prayers for the families instead of posting useless garbage like this?
Friend

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Jun 29, 2011
Mecca Resident wrote:
Instead of you people being on here complaining...we all need to be praying for the tragic loss in this small town. So please refrain from your little comments and have the Mecca community in your prayers.
Thank You
Couldn't agree with you more! Mecca is more than a community...everyone is like family there! They all need your prayers right now! Especially both families!
Enough

Hobart, IN

#12 Jun 29, 2011
Yes, they need prayers and their privacy let them grieve in peace. Without having to hear of insensitive comments.
me

Chicago, IL

#13 Jun 29, 2011
Mecca Resident wrote:
I have a question for "me". I appreciate you aggreance. But your statement of "showing off" has got me bothered. Who was he showing off for at 445 in the morning? I understand that now is not the time to throw stones but that bothered me. Please understand i am not upset...it just bothered me.
You are correct, now is not the time to throw stones. My statement was based on hear-say passed through those that spoke with others (allegedly) present that are familiar with certain routines when leaving the tavern. I was not present. Ask around, you'll find out what I am referring to. But, I won't repeat it.

I mean to bring no further pain to all parties involved, including you by my "bothersome" statement. As I said, it was hear-say that could be false. For that I apologize...I should have clarified my original post or not stated it. I just hope lessons can be learned from this tragedy.

Take care....and take care Mecca!
Nancy

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jun 29, 2011
If the man would have been praying that night instead of drinking, this would have not happened.
Friend

United States

#15 Jun 29, 2011
Nancy wrote:
If the man would have been praying that night instead of drinking, this would have not happened.

Is it really doing any good to say If's? No! So instead of judging....do something better with your time and pray for the families...how about that!
phillip

Shepardsville, IN

#16 Jun 29, 2011
Nancy wrote:
If he'd been having gay sex instead of drinking, this wouldn't have happened either.
Been There

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jun 29, 2011
I'd like to know how many of you on here bad-talking Mike have had a drink or two and driven yourselves. Anyone who has could easily be in those same shoes. Mike is a good guy who messed up. Period. Instead of wasting everybody's time with your negative, senseless comments, you should just be counting your blessings it wasn't you.
gottokno

Homosassa, FL

#18 Jun 29, 2011
let people sound off, everyone has a right to be hurt, angry, and mean, we all have our way of facing such a loss. don't make it worse by attacking each other, let the healing begin!
kim

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Jun 29, 2011
Been There wrote:
I'd like to know how many of you on here bad-talking Mike have had a drink or two and driven yourselves. Anyone who has could easily be in those same shoes. Mike is a good guy who messed up. Period. Instead of wasting everybody's time with your negative, senseless comments, you should just be counting your blessings it wasn't you.
Obviously at 4 in the morning, he had more than "a drink or two" before plowing through a house... so maybe you will think twice before YOU get behind the wheel after a few beers.....
Been There

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Jun 29, 2011
kim wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously at 4 in the morning, he had more than "a drink or two" before plowing through a house... so maybe you will think twice before YOU get behind the wheel after a few beers.....
I am in no way trying to justify drinking and driving. I am just pointing out that those who are on here persecuting him have probably done so at one time or another (and probably with BAC's higher than .147). I find it funny that all these righteous Christian folk can make comments like "should have been praying instead", KNOWING that they were just one missed corner away from being in the same situation. Hypocrites. My heart goes out to the Williamson family, and like I said, I don't condone the events that lead to this tragedy; I just wish people would heed the old words of wisdom: Those who live in glass houses...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pam atkinson and sandra stratton 3 hr So very sad 2
News Hundreds gather in fight against multiple scler... Sep 17 Steve 4
News Who moved in next door when your neighbors left? Sep 14 Judy Anderson 3
Hot steamy Sep 11 Thomas 1
Hey mike at ace hardware Sep 11 Alisha 5
Joe Cansdale Sep 7 Jumpjomama 18
Megan See is full of STD'S Sep 7 Jumpjomama 1

Rockville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance