Fourteen

Windfall, IN

#1 Jul 29, 2009
Fourteen years ago today, my heart was ripped out of my chest. The pain remains, constant and sharp, never letting up. Although days seem to fly by, it still feels like just yesterday when I got the news.

Rodger and Duke will always be remembered and loved. We will NOT forget.
teach

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Nov 8, 2009
I had Rodger in second grade at Tangier. He was a great kid. It's very, very sad about his loss.
Amy

Mecca, IN

#3 Nov 9, 2009
It is sad the way the local government covered up their murders.
Lessons Learned

Hartford, WI

#4 Nov 9, 2009
Amy wrote:
It is sad the way the local government covered up their murders.
Appalling is more like it!
And that goes for the state & federal, too.
Fifteen years ago

United States

#5 Jul 31, 2010
yet it seems so recent. memories burned into my mind forever.
WE WILL NEVER FORGET.
Nor will I forgive.
Lila Crum Ritz

Lutz, FL

#6 Jul 31, 2010
Fourteen wrote:
Fourteen years ago today, my heart was ripped out of my chest. The pain remains, constant and sharp, never letting up. Although days seem to fly by, it still feels like just yesterday when I got the news.
Thank You fourteen for your comments but it has been fifteen yrs. And yes the pain still remains but, time somehow buffers it a little, and it does help when people remember him. Thanks again Lila
Lila Crum Ritz

Lutz, FL

#7 Jul 31, 2010
Fifteen years ago wrote:
yet it seems so recent. memories burned into my mind forever.
WE WILL NEVER FORGET.
Nor will I forgive.
I have found ount in a very tramitic way that we never forget But I have also learned to forgive is the only way God gives us peace. May God bless You.
Lila Crum Ritz

Lutz, FL

#8 Jul 31, 2010
Fourteen wrote:
It was 15 yrs. ago July 30th and yes the pain still remains but somehow time does buffer it a little but, I think the thing that helps the most is when people remember him. Thanks again.Lila
Lila Crum Ritz

Lutz, FL

#9 Jul 31, 2010
Lila Crum Ritz wrote:
<quoted text> I have found ount in a very tramitic way that we never forget But I have also learned to forgive is the only way God gives us peace. May God bless You.
Sorry for my spell check .
Fifteen years ago

United States

#10 Aug 1, 2010
The original post is from last year. Just wanted to remind everyone that although my friends and I don't often talk about it, we think of the boys often.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#11 Aug 30, 2010
I wish you could have seen the beautiful woman ive grown to be. Also how your son looks just like you..and also has your temper. I wish that you could hold your grandchild. i so wish i had some way of knowing the truth.But, i feel its too dangerous. The only hope i have is knowing one day they will all get exactly what they deseve. Ripping our familes apart and stealing my best friend.
Amy

Weleetka, OK

#12 Sep 4, 2010
I know how proud he was of the little girl who talked none stop and her little brother that followed her around in awe. I am certain he is with you more often than you realize. In the still of the night, the setting sun and the gentle breeze that blows. Most importantly he is in your heart.
Just 1

United States

#13 Jul 29, 2011
Always missed, never forgotten.
remembering

Dixon, IL

#14 Jul 30, 2011
The years have passed, but the ache is still here. The day grows distant but the memories are fresh. Rest in peace, dear ones.
high school friend

United States

#15 Dec 4, 2011
The boys will NEVER be forgotten.
dawn

Deputy, IN

#16 Dec 18, 2011
who are you guys talking about?
Very sorry for the loss
Still Hurting

United States

#19 Jul 29, 2012
Why do they say it will get easier?!?!
It hasn't yet......
remembering

United States

#20 Jul 30, 2012
Years do not dim the memory nor ease the pain of your loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sovayda Vasquez 10 hr Tammi 6
Sovayda Vasquez at iwp Sun Tammi 12
Fellas hit me up for a great time!!! Sun Anonymous 1
Nathan lutz Jan 17 Billy Ray 1
Pam atkinson and sandra stratton Jan 1 Empty the swamp 9
Hoping for a happy new year Dec 31 Truth 1
Travis Pugh (Aug '16) Dec '17 Weinus 6

Rockville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance