POLICE: RVC Woman Drives Drunk, Smashes Car on Southern State

Full story: Patch.com

A Rockville Centre woman was arrested early Tuesday morning for drunk driving after she crashed her car on the Southern State and had more than twice the legal blood alcohol content, police said.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Mar 18, 2012
charlie O

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1 Feb 22, 2012
when are the car manufactures going to take some responsibility to save lives? their vehicles are deadly weapons to the drunk. They could install a sensor that detects any alcohol in someones system, which would deny the car from starting.The cost is minimal compared to so many deaths from drunk drivers. PROBLEM SOLVED LIVES SAVED.
legal eagle

New York, NY

#2 Feb 22, 2012
i can see the lawsuits now when the computer chip for the sensor burns out... how about personal responsiblity ? don't drink and drive
charlie O

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3 Mar 18, 2012
Drunk driving is still rampant with all the deaths. All the education,slaps on the wrists, suspended licences and minimal jail time,etc does not seem to make a dent. Personal responsibility does not exist in our society any longer and not enforced for our future generations. Its always everyone's else's fault.The parents,the upbringing,drugs,gangs,mental illness. doesn't personal responsibility start well before drunk driving? Nothing we are doing works. Too many lives are being lost. Why should the manufactures not have personal responsible for the "weapons" the build? May I ask you, any suggestions to stop drunk driving?
PS when the chip stops working the car stops working-
charlie O

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4 Mar 18, 2012
By the way, you name states "legal eagle". I have another solution. How about EVERY attorney be denied the right to PLEA BARGAIN a case involving drunk driving? The crime stays the crime. Stiffer laws-less money in attorneys pockets!(which I doubt seriously you are, or you graduated at the bottom of the class)
Humdinger

Massapequa Park, NY

#5 Mar 18, 2012
legal eagle wrote:
i can see the lawsuits now when the computer chip for the sensor burns out... how about personal responsiblity ? don't drink and drive
Let's face it, personal responsibility hardly exists anymore!

IT DOESN'T WORK. They have tried everything to stop this, one trooper who fought it hard was even killed by a drunk driver.

I think this idea that stops the car from operating is a very good idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockville Centre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Figo01 441
Rents for affordable housing apartments that ar... 4 hr Wolfhawk46 1
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 12 hr Who are trying to... 6,413
Review: Morgan And Curtis Associates Mon johnysethi 1
New York's 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested (May '13) Sun One More Bun! 5
Why is East Rockaway so Ghetto? (May '11) Sun Barnacle Bitch 28
Can you smell Sewage in East Rockaway liek I di... (Oct '11) Sun Pepe Le Pew 13
•••

Air Quality Alert for Nassau County was issued at September 02 at 10:14AM EDT

•••

Rockville Centre News Video

•••
Rockville Centre Dating

more search filters

less search filters