Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

This has been frustrating residents of Floral Park for years. Everyone wants to know why alot of really important news never makes it into Newsday, and certainly never makes it into the Gateway. Instead, we all have to depend on one big phone chain to spread the important news. Alot of people say it's because they don't want to give Floral Park a bad reputation by printng all that stuff. But everyone knows about it anyway because Floral Park is a small town. The latest news that has not been printed is about the 24-year-old woman who committed suicide the other day.
Peter Parker

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Kitty, you are a moron to think that the private pain of a young woman committing suicide should be public news. I remember the young lady as a child, and while a horrendous ending to a young life, should not be newsworthy. I would think that the families who suffered tragedies in the past few years would have preferred to have gireved privately and not for the entertainment of trolls like you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Peter Parker wrote:
Kitty, you are a moron to think that the private pain of a young woman committing suicide should be public news. I remember the young lady as a child, and while a horrendous ending to a young life, should not be newsworthy. I would think that the families who suffered tragedies in the past few years would have preferred to have gireved privately and not for the entertainment of trolls like you.
Okay, I take that back--I obviously wasn't thinking clearly when I said that. You're right, I'm sure the family is grieving enough without having it plastered all over the news.
Peter Parker

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

AuntKitty wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, I take that back--I obviously wasn't thinking clearly when I said that. You're right, I'm sure the family is grieving enough without having it plastered all over the news.
Ok, I'm sorry to name calling - we've had too many losses of young people in this town, and I think the families whose names were plastered in newsday for weeks on end deserved more privacy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

Peter Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I'm sorry to name calling - we've had too many losses of young people in this town, and I think the families whose names were plastered in newsday for weeks on end deserved more privacy.
Thanks, but I deserved every word of it. I was trying to say how the Citizen's Party controls what goes into the Gateway and seems to be controlling what goes into Newsday too, but I should not have used that suicide as an example--very bad choice on my part, and I was not very empathetic or sympathetic to the grieving family.
Peter Parker

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

AuntKitty wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, but I deserved every word of it. I was trying to say how the Citizen's Party controls what goes into the Gateway and seems to be controlling what goes into Newsday too, but I should not have used that suicide as an example--very bad choice on my part, and I was not very empathetic or sympathetic to the grieving family.
I understnad your point - the Citizen's Party learned long ago that he who controls information controls the world, thus the cozy relationship with the Gateway as a mouthpiece for their Party.
E Patrick

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2011

Peter Parker, looks like you recently moved from elmont to Floral Park, welcome. I sense a paranoia in the exchange between yourself and auntkitty. I hope the void in your lives gets filled , waiting for the Gateway to do that isn't practicle and frankly, is pathetic. Engage the people,merchants and activities of Floral Park, you will find fulfillment there.

“I'M NOT INVOLVED I'M NEUTRAL”

Since: Jan 11

Tampa,FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

All the competent people in town are members of the Citizans Party,the rest just sit back and whine wanting control but doing nothing about it but beetch and moan...the Citizans Party made Floral Park what it is..."A Great Place To Live" and will continue doing so....all others can leave if you have a problem with that,you wont be missed
Peter Parker

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

Free Pass MoFo wrote:
All the competent people in town are members of the Citizans Party,the rest just sit back and whine wanting control but doing nothing about it but beetch and moan...the Citizans Party made Floral Park what it is..."A Great Place To Live" and will continue doing so....all others can leave if you have a problem with that,you wont be missed
What is a Citizan?
Peter Parker

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

E Patrick wrote:
Peter Parker, looks like you recently moved from elmont to Floral Park, welcome. I sense a paranoia in the exchange between yourself and auntkitty. I hope the void in your lives gets filled , waiting for the Gateway to do that isn't practicle and frankly, is pathetic. Engage the people,merchants and activities of Floral Park, you will find fulfillment there.
What does practicle mean? Moron.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Free Pass needs to go back to school to learn grammar, spelling, and sentence structure. Floral Park was a great place to live long before the Citizen's Party reared their ugly heads.
Peter Parker

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Another senseless loss this week. Really sad.

“we never know”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

AuntKitty wrote:
Free Pass needs to go back to school to learn grammar, spelling, and sentence structure. Floral Park was a great place to live long before the Citizen's Party reared their ugly heads.
You are right !:)
Truth Hurts

Warwick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

The Citizen Party controls what goes into Newsday?

AuntKitty, I know you are a liberal, and maybe you are so far left that you don't recognize a liberal rag like Newsday when you see it, but it is a liberal rag...

and how anyone in the Citizens Party in a small village controls content in Newsday is beyond me... especially one that does not live up to the liberal ideals of Newsday.

WAIT, hear that? It's a black helicopter flying over your house... I hear the Citizen's Party controls it also...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

More news in Floral Park that will be covered up---Has anyone else heard about the Floral Park cop who was arrested last week for taking bribes? He was in a tatoo parlor when he was arrested. I'll bet THIS doesn't make it into the newspapers either.
Sick of all you sickies

New Hyde Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

What a shame. Hiding behind the faceless security of anonimity...these otherwise respected neighbors of mine reveal their true inner selves. Petty jealousy abounds from these "wanna be leaders of our community.

Let me share some truth with you. I've been a member of this "Citizen's Party" for 40 years. I'm not a Trustee or anything like that. I've just attended meetings, listened and had the pleasure of talking with many of our Board members. Like the rest of us, they struggle to maintain control over their homes, families and jobs. Let alone controlling the newspapers. While they haven't all been blue-ribbon winners, I have found most of them to be hard-working and honest.

I, for one, respect the organization and the fine men and women who give of their time for very little reward. To those who criticize...when was the last time you went up to an elected official and said, "I'd like to help you fix something"? Or, are you only gratified by complaining?

Since: Oct 12

Floral Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Bravo Sickie! I agree
Fergie

Hudson Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

AuntKitty wrote:
This has been frustrating residents of Floral Park for years. Everyone wants to know why alot of really important news never makes it into Newsday, and certainly never makes it into the Gateway. Instead, we all have to depend on one big phone chain to spread the important news. Alot of people say it's because they don't want to give Floral Park a bad reputation by printng all that stuff. But everyone knows about it anyway because Floral Park is a small town. The latest news that has not been printed is about the 24-year-old woman who committed suicide the other day.
I just ran across this while doing a search. HELLO! I lived in Floral Park for 25 years. That is always how news spread. By phone and word of mouth. Why do you need it in the Gateway? That only comes out on Wednesday most things are old news by then.
NY Expat

Glassboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

The police abuses SHOULD be in a regional paper like Newsday. FP cops are the most useless, overpaid, and abusive tyrants that I've ever seen. The racism, corruption, total disregard for the law, and wanton fiscal abuse is shocking. I lived in FP for 15 years and am glad I left the fascist little burgh...I couldn't stand contributing my hard earned money to to an organization that feels the US Constitution is a loose collection of suggestions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

NY Expat wrote:
The police abuses SHOULD be in a regional paper like Newsday. FP cops are the most useless, overpaid, and abusive tyrants that I've ever seen. The racism, corruption, total disregard for the law, and wanton fiscal abuse is shocking. I lived in FP for 15 years and am glad I left the fascist little burgh...I couldn't stand contributing my hard earned money to to an organization that feels the US Constitution is a loose collection of suggestions.
Wow! I didn't realize other people realized everything you said about the police. I know from personal experience how currupt they are and I am afraid of saying too much for fear of continued harassment. And the judge and his drunken prosecutor are all in if together. I wish I could say more privately to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rockville Centre Discussions

Search the Rockville Centre Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Island near Buffalo overrun by hundreds of cats 34 min Cat got your tongue 3
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Lumpy Churchhill 6,372
Review: Cycle Concepts Of New York 7 hr Stanley East Meadow 1
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Tue Gravity Pete 670
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 28 cornholio 437
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Jul 28 sdd 755
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 28 trs 16,778
•••
•••

Rockville Centre News Video

•••
Rockville Centre Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rockville Centre Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••